Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 02-15-2012, 12:02 PM   #15
MileMAN402
RIP JoePa

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS & 2001 Audi S4
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Which bushings are you going to replace?

I can't comment on BMR's but I had Energy cradle inserts initially. Took them out a couple weeks later and bought some Pedders. The Engergy were no where near as stiff as Energy. I posted some pics showing the difference.
I have full replacement cradle bushings from Energy and diff and trailing arm bushings from BMR. Then I have trailing arms from UMI (made right by my hometown ) Gonna install it all during my spring break.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:15 PM   #16
MileMAN402
RIP JoePa

Caverman, I just looked at your other thread and I haven't felt the ES inserts but the full replacements I have sitting on my desk are pretty beefy. They definitely aren't anywhere near as flimsy as those inserts you tried. And I don't see running into fitment issue since they are the full replacements. Thanks for the heads up, I went with them for the cost like you did and I will post up some info on the install in the beginning of March.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:17 PM   #17
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
If Energy uses the same poly that they use for the inserts then I can tell you it's much softer than Pedders. I could take the Energy insert I had and fold it in half in the palm of my hand. I could barely get the Pedders to move much less fold in half.

Again...this is with their insert. That's all I had to compare it to. Just passing along my experience.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...hlight=pedders
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:21 PM   #18
MileMAN402
RIP JoePa

Yours (granted mine are red) looked much more like rubber than poly. Mine I can't even put a dent in them with my thumb let alone fold them. Again, full vs. insert. I just hope my experience is better. I'll take some picks of mine when I get home from class.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:55 PM   #19
Synner

Drives: cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by MileMAN402 View Post
Yours (granted mine are red) looked much more like rubber than poly. Mine I can't even put a dent in them with my thumb let alone fold them. Again, full vs. insert. I just hope my experience is better. I'll take some picks of mine when I get home from class.
I did full ES replacements and had a great experience with them. If you search for threads started by me in this subsection you can find the thread, a lot of DIY info, and some pics.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:58 PM   #20
MileMAN402
RIP JoePa

Ok so the fronts def have some flex. This is with me standing putting my body weight onto them.

I'm sure they will make a noticeable difference anyways. On a side note, they are missing a page of instructions. Thankfully enough people have posted their installs on here!
Old 02-15-2012, 03:08 PM   #21
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Ok so the fronts def have some flex. This is with me standing putting my body weight onto them.

I'm sure they will make a noticeable difference anyways. On a side note, they are missing a page of instructions. Thankfully enough people have posted their installs on here!
You will see a night and day difference with those over the factory cradle bushings. The factory cradle bushings don't really control the cradle movement at all and are really soft for nice luxurious ride.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:09 PM   #22
MileMAN402
RIP JoePa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
You will see a night and day difference with those over the factory cradle bushings. The factory cradle bushings don't really control the cradle movement at all and are really soft for nice luxurious ride.
So going through the box again today, are the diff bushings all the same? I thought I read somewhere that two were the same and the back one was different? Is this true? They all seem the same in my pack?
Old 02-15-2012, 06:47 PM   #23
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:

Like I said my experience was with the inserts. The full bushing may be totally different. They definately have to be better than the OEM stuff.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:05 PM   #24
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
I have targeted upgrading the suspension on my ride for the next round of mods. I'm looking for a package with lowering springs, trailing arms, bushings, etc. but was curious on a scale of 1-10, how difficult are each of these to do yourself? Also, are there any special tools needed or that make the job easier? This would have to be done on jack stands.

To put in perspective my skill level, I was able to install the MGW short throw shifter myself without any problems and am fairly handy. Also did the CAI, but that was a breeze.

I would like to do it myself to learn and also feel the pride of saying I did it, but worry that some of the components are better left to the pros with the right tools. That said, I am leaning towards having a pro install, but wanted to feel out if it was worth giving it a shot!
Since we have basically the same car I suggest do it once, do it right. I got all the (pro bushings) BMR stuff and installed it at once. I really like all the BMR stuff, great quality and they don't bend you over on prices like other suspension companies. Like people said earlier, the hardest part is taking out the stock bushings.

Too bad you're not in the DFW or you could come over and we could knock it out i a day. After having done all this once I can do it in about half the time now.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138322
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:53 AM   #25
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUX2BU View Post
Since we have basically the same car I suggest do it once, do it right. I got all the (pro bushings) BMR stuff and installed it at once. I really like all the BMR stuff, great quality and they don't bend you over on prices like other suspension companies. Like people said earlier, the hardest part is taking out the stock bushings.

Too bad you're not in the DFW or you could come over and we could knock it out i a day. After having done all this once I can do it in about half the time now.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138322
Thanks for choosing BMR for all your suspension/chassis needs!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote