Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-24-2012, 12:09 AM   #85
mexiken

Drives: Sofia: 2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ieatfordsforlunch View Post
Lolz^

Bro it's simple get a fuel pressure tester and test it your self to ensure no problems or you can just take it to the dealer. I think it's just air in the lines and it will pass over some driving.
Bro, didnt you read jd's post???? i couldn't afford a fuel pressure tester. And if I could, id have to sell it probably to pay for tires, or groceries, or gas, or all 3.

Either that, or maybe im not dumb enough to go buying equipment that ill probably use only once.

Or, maybe even more silly, I'll take the car to the dealer since its brand new.

Whodda thunk it huh????

Thanks though, seriously. I would have tried that had i possessed the proper equipment.
Engine/Performance: Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Rx Catch Can painted IBM, (to come: JacFab CAI, muffler delete/Flowmasters)

mexiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:15 AM   #86
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worgnakh View Post
DIC ?
It's the "Drivers Information Center" hence as it says in the manual, the "DIC."

It's the information center in the middle of the dash between the tachometer and speedometer...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:46 AM   #87
mrdth

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexiken View Post
How DARE you run out of gas!!!! Don't you know how useless you now are????!!!! You better go get a hybrid, or a Leaf.

Yes, this car is too much for you, go return it and get a Civic. And dont even THINK about not being stupid by not paying $7 more EVERY tank (especially if its your daily driver like some of us) by not going to the Shell station thats out of your way home from work and instead go to the cheaper Shell station half a mile from your home. Arent you American????!!!! Be stupid then!!!!

/sarcasm
I'm with you bro, that's one reason i posted. When you live a full life sometimes shit happens. On the other hand some have no life and feel the need to attack those that do. Hope things work out for you.
Dynatech Ceramic Coated LT Headers
Magnaflow 3" Competition Cat BacK
CAI Cold Air Intake
RX Catch Can
Pfadt Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Cradle Bushings
Built And Tuned By Jannetty Racing Enterprises
mrdth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:08 AM   #88
nytrorcr

Drives: I.P.C. 2SS vert, 21 wheels
These in tank pump assy are very fragile without liquid to keep them balanced. They can throw impeller blades when ran dry. I know from my own experience with chevy products. Just a thought.....
nytrorcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:15 AM   #89
CUONCRS

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
It's the "Drivers Information Center" hence as it says in the manual, the "DIC."

It's the information center in the middle of the dash between the tachometer and speedometer...
As opposed to the thing in the driver's seat of a Porsche. That has a "K" on the end.

j/k .... I have lots of friends that drive Porsches. Not that they are not...
Old 05-24-2012, 11:19 AM   #90
SS King

Drives: a Panty Dropper
I run my car until the low fuel light comes on all the time and never had a issue. When i fill up I always get to 16 gallons so there is about 3 left in the tank before hand
Old 05-24-2012, 11:31 AM   #91
mexiken

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS King View Post
I run my car until the low fuel light comes on all the time and never had a issue. When i fill up I always get to 16 gallons so there is about 3 left in the tank before hand
I saw the light come on just as i was getting to work, its about 14 miles to home and the light comes on with 30 miles left. I thought i was good, but i guess not.
Engine/Performance: Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Rx Catch Can painted IBM, (to come: JacFab CAI, muffler delete/Flowmasters)

Old 05-24-2012, 11:37 AM   #92
mexiken

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdth View Post
I'm with you bro, that's one reason i posted. When you live a full life sometimes shit happens. On the other hand some have no life and feel the need to attack those that do. Hope things work out for you.

Wise words.

Unfortunately i just got off the phone with the dealer and they couldnt feel anything, even with the car cold =/

Im gonna pick it up later and see whats up. I did put more gas in it so maybe it was the gas or the air/water worked itself out. Ill know when i drive it later. Ive got a bit of driving to do today so I'll try to figure it out. If it keeps happening ill try the Heat bottle as someone suggested.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:43 PM   #93

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kannon View Post
I never understood the "junk at the bottom of the tank" thing. Isn't the gas pumped through the bottom of the tank anyway?
My thinking is its pretty much a thing of the past...Nowadays fuel delivery is much more sophisticated...Definitely a concern if its an old jalopy that sat forever, got leaves and debris down the filler neck over time...

The fuel does slosh around somewhat, and should there be some crap in there, the more fuel you have, the less concentrated the crud would be...
When you run low, whatever is in there has less room to float around, and more likely to cause problems...Shouldn't be much of a factor in a one or two year old car...but, just sayin' they still put fuel filters in them for some good reason!...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:37 AM   #94
mexiken

Update:

Sofia hasnt bogged down for a week or two now, and if she has, its not noticeable. When warm.

When cold, its getting worse. It peaked the other day when i shifted into 3rd and it literally bogged down like it fell flat on its face, getting close to choking out. I have a 68 Chevelle that when cold and you floor it, it doesnt respond and acts like its going to die, not sure what you call that.

For comparison purposes, if thats 100% of the feeling on the Chevelle, i had 70% of that feeling on the Camaro.

Im not flooring it, im actually accelerating smoothly, evenly, and steady but on the slow side. I also let the car do its "fast warm up" as i dig the sound from my new mufflers so i enjoy listening to the exhaust note change. Its like a cool demo for my exhaust.

Is this normal for all LS3 Camaros????

Old 06-12-2012, 12:52 PM   #95
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Been following this because I'm interested in knowing what you find out is the problem. Sorry you haven't got it resolved. When my wife's Envoy (5.3L) recently started misfiring and turned on the check engine light, a mechanic friend recommended using some RXP Gas Kicker injector cleaner. I ran a bottle in two successive tanks of gas and it helped a lot. I only use Shell and Chevron gas. I hope you find a solution. (Sorry if this sounds like a commercial. I just wanted to mention what worked for me.)

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

Last edited by GroundhogSS; 06-12-2012 at 01:12 PM.
GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:12 PM   #96
tdp1

Drives: 2012 SS
Here's your sign!
tdp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:21 PM   #97
mexiken

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundhogSS View Post
Been following this because I'm interested in knowing what you find out is the problem. Sorry you haven't got it resolved. When my wife's Envoy (5.3L) recently started misfiring and turned on the check engine light, a mechanic friend recommended using some RXP Gas Kicker injector cleaner. I ran a bottle in two successive tanks of gas and it helped a lot. I only use Shell and Chevron gas. I hope you find a solution. (Sorry if this sounds like a commercial. I just wanted to mention what worked for me.)
I used the ISO HEET plus, which is the Heet plus injector cleaner. That made it go away with the normal driving, but not when its cold. This is bumming me out.

Old 06-15-2012, 01:42 PM   #98

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Might be a long-shot, but when I did my catch-can, I took off the throttle body to have more room to work, and when I went to take out the four bolts, they were barely hand tight!...Don't know why, but I could have unscrewed them by hand...I had never checked or messed with them before...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote