Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-19-2015, 10:38 PM   #1
Lawdog1911
ZL1 Dreamin

Drives: 1967 Camaro, 2010 2SS (RIP)
My wife needs prayers

On June 30, 2015 my wife went into surgery to remove a benign cyst on the head of her pancreas. The one and a half hour procedure ended up lasting almost 10 hours. They did a Whipple procedure to reroute the ducts that flow through the head of the pancreas and then reroute the small intestine to another part of the lower stomach.

After they opened her up they saw it was cancer and it had spread to the liver and into the ducts in the liver. They had to put in a drain. Tube from the liver and two bulb drains from her bile ducts. The one from the liver had stopped draining and was full of blood clots. And the bile was backing up into her and went into septic shock and turned bright highlighter yellow and needed to have another drain put in. She was given less than a year to live and that's with treatment for the cancer.

After the next attempt to redo the drain, the two hour procedure lasted 5 hours because the tried to do it to drain internal but complications with the cancer in the bile ducts caused them to go the external route. The surgeon came in and told us the surgery went well and she was going to be in the PACU for about two hours and we could wait in her room in the ICU. Within the hour she was back in her ICU room and steam from radiology bring in an XRay machine to XRay her shoulder. We were like , for what?

They finally tell us they dropped her off the operating table! One lady said they were changing a soiled sheet and they had her on her side and the other lady in there with her said they had her on her side to put a back board under her. Their stories don't match and my wides side was they turned her over and she was yelling at them, I am falling, I'm falling, and she fell. One lady tried to catch her and she ended up yanking off both IVs from her arms.

Sure enough, we seen her arms and no IVs and her arms bloodied with sloppy bandages and they have had her like that for about an hour since she fell and the time they brought her up to the room! All her IV bags were gone no pain meds no nothing. From them she started hurting real bad and no amount of pain meds would work for about 10 hours. They finally took her for CT scan and they see she has internal bleeding in her liver where the new drain was. If her IVs were yanked out I am sure there was damage to her drain tube in the fall as well. Even the head dr in the dept said The internal bleeding could have been from the fall as well, but there is no way to know.

Needless to say, her condition went from a year to live to she might not make it thru the night. I am at my wits end! I have been out of work for a year after an injury at work and I was about to go back when this happened. I am getting a few bucks from workers comp, but that is hardly enough for anything. She was the one with the good job and we were making it fine with hers alone. Now she has been out of work since June 30th and all we have is my workers comp. We cashed out our retirements when our son had hodgkin lymphoma 2 years ago when I took off to care for him during his cancer treatment. Her aunt has set up a youcaring donation page and if anyone can afford to donate it would be greatly appreciated. The $3000 was from before we knew about the cancer. It was for the 8-10 weeks recovery that she would be off work and we didn't have to worry about lost wages and I could stay home a bit longer to take care of her.

Right now she is finally comfortable with the pain meds and sleeps all the time, but she is not suffering. We need all the prayers and support we can get right now. I am including the link. Thank you for taking the time to read this and God Bless!

http://www.youcaring.com/lenurma-dav...o3gKd.facebook

Matte Black Jeep GC SRT8 20 inch wheels, SRT8 Sway Bars, Custom Hood, black Plasi-dip Custom Cross Road Runner Stripes and decals, Custom Rear Diffuser, Plasti-dip rear black out Panel. Halo Fog lights.

Please Help if you can Paypal: icanbe_reached@hotmail.com
Lawdog1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 11:32 AM   #2
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
Peace be with you and your Loved ones. I'm in a battle with Cancer myself I feel your pain.
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 11:41 AM   #3
Ehmsea

Drives: 2013 2SS RS Hurst NPP
I'll be praying for you...wishing you the best to you and your family...

CAI Intake w/washer relocation and race scoop
Ported Throttle Body (Polished)
Kooks LT stepped headers 1-3/4 to 1-7/8
High Flow Cats
Livernois Motorsports Stage 2c Cam Package
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKXyCyBh9BU

Hill Start Assist Delete
Ehmsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 11:47 AM   #4
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
So very sorry your family was hit hard twice in two years.

The H-Town Camaro Club fully endorses this one and I hope more can find it in their hearts to donate. No family deserves this.

http://www.youcaring.com/lenurma-dav...o3gKd.facebook

Hang in there... our prayers are with you and Davila.
Old 07-20-2015, 12:00 PM   #5
IneedAZ

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 & 2021 BMW M340i x Dr
Sorry to hear about your wife! A huge problem with abdominal tumors are the symptoms tend not to present themselves til its advanced stage. Treatment by radiation becomes difficult cause of all the critical structures in the area. Kidneys, cord, bowel all limit the ability to treat with high doses of radiation.

I see you are in Texas, check with MD Anderson to see if they have anything to offer. Also look on the net at Hopkins and Sloan Kettering in NY.

Sold 1967 Camaro Pro Street. Ran 10's mild BB on NOS.

2017 HyperBlue ZL1 A10 ** Born 3/17/17**Delivered 4/08/17
2020 Build: Mag2650, BTR Stage2, NW103, BG, 14% lower, 90mm upper, ARH 2" Long system w/no cats, SW Legend mufflers. **807hp/762tq on 93 gas** and **848hp/792tq on e47**

Sold 2018 (Go Mango) Dodge Charger Daytona 392 Daily Driver

Daily Driver 2021 BMW M340i Xdrive
IneedAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 12:21 PM   #6
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
F I'm saying prayers for you and everyone dealing with that Damn devil ..
Old 07-20-2015, 02:06 PM   #7
Lawdog1911
ZL1 Dreamin

Drives: 1967 Camaro, 2010 2SS (RIP)
Thank you everyone, it has been so hectic! No sleep or rest for weeks now. Don't what day it is, and closing my eyes I get bad dreams and thoughts. Thanks again and God Bless!

Matte Black Jeep GC SRT8 20 inch wheels, SRT8 Sway Bars, Custom Hood, black Plasi-dip Custom Cross Road Runner Stripes and decals, Custom Rear Diffuser, Plasti-dip rear black out Panel. Halo Fog lights.

Please Help if you can Paypal: icanbe_reached@hotmail.com
Lawdog1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 02:13 PM   #8
ucHuskies

Drives: 2014 SS/RS Blue Ray
I am so sorry to hear. My prayers go out to you and your family..
Old 07-20-2015, 03:37 PM   #9
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
I lost my father to lung Cancer. This story brought tears to my eyes. I pray for you and your family..... GODSPEED....
Old 07-20-2015, 03:51 PM   #10
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Grace and Peace to you and your wife
Tenring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 03:59 PM   #11
AITI
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 LFX Auto
Just lost Daughters Husbands Father to cancer this past weekend. Went fast (life long smoker) and have lost several others to smoking as well.

Our prayers are with you and yours. Not a fun battle. Stay strong and pray.
AITI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 04:07 PM   #12
1badtie

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
wow, who do they have working there Hellen Keller?
prayers.

2010 2SS RS --- SOLD
MODS-
Performance: BMR trailing arms & bushings | BMR Toe links | X-pipe | Muffler delete | Vmax ported throttle body | Apex "strong" MAS | Vararam CAI | Apex catch can | Kooks Headers | Kooks HF Cats | Dyno tuned by GPI 417 RWHP 409 FT-Lb
Cosmetic: painted Zl1 rockers | Zl1 grill | AAC side markers | AAC LED backup lights | windows tint | taillight tint | JDP tow hook | all emblems blacked out | LED fogs
1badtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 04:20 PM   #13
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Hang tough. Sending prayers.
Old 07-20-2015, 04:29 PM   #14
HAMBO

Drives: Supercharged 2013 AGM 2SS/RS
Thoughts and prayers are with you. And to skipinminn as well.

Just donated. Hoping you raise what you are looking for.
SLP TVS2300, Edge CAI, 3" Magnaflow catback, BC Racing BR series coilovers, HRE FF15's (20x10 square) with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S's, GM STB, BMR front and rear sway bars and toe links, Prothane subframe bushings and front control arm inserts, JDP rear upper control arm bushings, Elite Engineering catch can. Tuned by Cunningham Motorsports.
1967 Bolero Red 396 SS/RS Convertible
HAMBO is offline   Reply With Quote