Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-05-2010, 01:03 PM   #1
njhardc0re

Drives: 2SS/RS
Order and not buy off lot

Anyone have any issues with trying to order a car at a dealer that had many cars in stock? I'm worried some dealers might charge me more for ordering one rather than taking one off the lot. Any experiences?
njhardc0re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:08 PM   #2
78camaro
Loving my 2010 2SS/RS

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs manual black/grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by njhardc0re View Post
Anyone have any issues with trying to order a car at a dealer that had many cars in stock? I'm worried some dealers might charge me more for ordering one rather than taking one off the lot. Any experiences?

I did not. I ordered (still waiting on car) from Criswell in Maryland, and they had more on the lot than I had seen. Almost had my car, too, but they didn't have the right interior. They also checked the local inventory at other dealerships (which I had already done myself), and then made the order for me. They didn't even try to talk me out of the order at all. Their 'tude was: "What do you want? We'll get if for you!"
78camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:21 PM   #3
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
The 2 dealers I talked to a couple months ago offered a better price on an ordered car, since they could get more money for the ones they had in stock.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:24 PM   #4
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
I commented on this a long time ago and many people felt it was irrelevant to order if the car you want is on the lot already when you walk in. Many people were complaining of Camaros being butchered at dealerships, with dealers swapping damaged bumpers out, damaging the paint during offload and having their body shop "secretly" repaint and hope it wasn't noticed. I think it was either Big Brunsy or that dude with his young son at the steering wheel that had a problem like this. He was able to notice many imperfections and put the dealer on the spot. Fortunately, with enough complaining, they located a new Camaro for him and the matter was resolved. I certainly would not want to deal with this. I would want a VIN number as soon as possible and check it against the VIN number on the car when it comes in. Also, I wanted to be there when the car was offloaded from the truck. I would NEVER buy a lot car!

I also remember that dealer in Buffalo that had a pretty cute commercial he put together about Camaros freezing on his lot. They just had a butt ton of snow, it was windy and freezing and all of the 60+ Camaros this guy had on the lot were absolutely buried. I would not ever buy a car that has endured these conditions. People will disagree with me, but this is my personal taste. Buyer beware!
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:27 PM   #5
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
You should get a price on an ordered car prior to finalizing the order. I think the time for price gouging people on their orders is over. Just go to your dealer of choice and talk to them about it.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:31 PM   #6
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Lot, locate, or order out - same low price
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:34 PM   #7
SS Matt

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, LS3, M6, CGM
My car had 187 miles on it when I got it. It was originally delivered to a dealership in New York and subsequently sent to San Diego after either the dealer closed doors or transferred inventory. I was a little reluctant to go with it but then realized that it has a warranty and anything that people did to it in the first 180 miles only helped make sure that if something was gonna break, it would have done it by now.
SS Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 02:48 PM   #8
njhardc0re

Quote:
Originally Posted by DkknightX View Post
I commented on this a long time ago and many people felt it was irrelevant to order if the car you want is on the lot already when you walk in. Many people were complaining of Camaros being butchered at dealerships, with dealers swapping damaged bumpers out, damaging the paint during offload and having their body shop "secretly" repaint and hope it wasn't noticed. I think it was either Big Brunsy or that dude with his young son at the steering wheel that had a problem like this. He was able to notice many imperfections and put the dealer on the spot. Fortunately, with enough complaining, they located a new Camaro for him and the matter was resolved. I certainly would not want to deal with this. I would want a VIN number as soon as possible and check it against the VIN number on the car when it comes in. Also, I wanted to be there when the car was offloaded from the truck. I would NEVER buy a lot car!

I also remember that dealer in Buffalo that had a pretty cute commercial he put together about Camaros freezing on his lot. They just had a butt ton of snow, it was windy and freezing and all of the 60+ Camaros this guy had on the lot were absolutely buried. I would not ever buy a car that has endured these conditions. People will disagree with me, but this is my personal taste. Buyer beware!
Where you get yours? I'm in Westwood..
Old 03-05-2010, 02:54 PM   #9
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Just ordered one 3hrs ago... if they had found EXACTLY what I wanted on the lot or any lot in the area the price would have been the same either way...

Bottom line is get what you want, exactly what you want as long as you're willing to wait.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:12 PM   #10
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Quote:
Where you get yours? I'm in Westwood..
Hawthorne Chevrolet. Thankfully D&C Chevrolet got shut down. Damn criminals. Rooked my parents and myself when I bought my Cobalt SS/SC. Anyway, I'm in Emerson. Hawthorne Chevrolet was awesome. Stan "The Van Man" Katz was fantastic from start to finish, phone calls to email. Superb!!
Old 03-05-2010, 03:20 PM   #11
~Stacy~
Banned

Drives: Car
Camaro

I received mine off dealer trade! I got my order processed really fast called up on January 4th to my sales manager and was taking delivery 3 weeks later on January 25th. My dealer had a yellow 2SS for about $38,000 way out my price category so they swaped it to another dealer and I picked up my Black 2LT My car had 78 miles when I picked it up not bad and it was just built in November so it wasn't sitting on a lot for a long period of time.
~Stacy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:24 PM   #12
njhardc0re

Quote:
Originally Posted by DkknightX View Post
Hawthorne Chevrolet. Thankfully D&C Chevrolet got shut down. Damn criminals. Rooked my parents and myself when I bought my Cobalt SS/SC. Anyway, I'm in Emerson. Hawthorne Chevrolet was awesome. Stan "The Van Man" Katz was fantastic from start to finish, phone calls to email. Superb!!
Funny, tomorrow I'm suppose to meet with the Internet Sales guy Andrew Lovrich. Did they give you a good deal there?
Old 03-05-2010, 03:35 PM   #13
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Quote:
Funny, tomorrow I'm suppose to meet with the Internet Sales guy Andrew Lovrich. Did they give you a good deal there?
Andrew is a cool guy man. Tell him you know me and MENTION Camaro5 and my Inferno Orange with full body striping. He will know right away who you are talking about. Look for Stan Katz to handle the sale. He'll treat you TOTALLY right. I bought at MSRP Jan 1st 2009 and didn't expect a discount. They might be running sales now. Mention "Carl Rizzo" and my car and Stan will definitely take care of you. I promise. Let me know how it goes. I can call him to meet you if you want. However I can help, I certainly will! If you plan on stripes or painted stripes, Garden State Autobody in Bergenfield will take care of you. I built all of their computers and camera systems for them. You are in great hands regardless. I'm sure you'll see me driving around Westwood/Hillsdale.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:35 PM   #14
SSDan

Drives: 2016 1SS 6MT NPP
I was so lucky to get the best of both worlds. The dealer had already lot ordered exactly what I wanted and it came in one day after my test drive and decision to buy. I t was dealer prepped right off the truck and then I drove it away with 3 miles on the odometer! In essence it was a custom order with no wait. I guess I should have bought a lottery ticket that day as I'll likely not have that kind of luck again.

To the OP - I agree with the others -whatever way you go price should be the same.
SSDan is offline   Reply With Quote