Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 06-12-2014, 08:31 PM   #1
franknbeans
Whipped

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
Thumbs down Redline Goods - Leather Interior

I have to say I am very disappointed with my dealings with them.

I placed a large money order. Almost $600 worth of leather.

It took over a month to get my order.

I ordered a Punisher Skull for the center arm rest and got the Transformer Logo.

I also ordered my shifter cover leather with blue stripes. (Keep in mind all this customization cost me more money.) When the shifter leather came in it did not have the blue stripes.

I contacted Redline and I was told to email them pictures of the items that was wrong. I did. We made a deal that I would hold on to them, Jack from Redline will try and sell them and I would ship them to the buyer. In return he was going to fix my order and get it out to me ASAP.

Two weeks later I receive my Armrest with the correct Punisher Skull but no shift boot leather.

I Pmed Jack from Redline again, told him the issue and it's been a week with no response at all.

Needless to say, I am not happy with the service I have got while spending a fair amount of money with them.
Old 06-18-2014, 11:40 AM   #2
RedlineGoods

Drives: Bumblebee :-)
I understand your being disappointed with your order completion but I also feel this needs some clarification.

As for wrong embroidery this is our mistake of course that was corrected in due time.

The lead time seemed long, I agree, but this is mostly because we ship from our manufacturing site which is located in Poland. Another thing is that customizations always take more time than standard orders, especially embroidery that we do not do ourselves but outsource it which also takes time and additional effort. So even if we make replacement parts in 1-2 days the shipping only takes around 7-10 days and we have no influence on the way USPSworks :(

As for your shift boot - I admit it wasn't made properly but this was partially due to your own spelling mistake (caused by writing the message in a hurry I assuime, but still...) - we exchanged a few messages before you placed your order band we indeed discussed about the stripe on the boot but later when you specified your order details in one message you wrote "blue stitches" instead of "blue stripe"

So now to remedy the situation, we will of course make a new boot for you in the correct color scheme but please respond to my email of June 12th and we will proceed with sending you replacement boot immediately. If you did not receive that email (I assume this is the case as I still have not received your response), please PM me - we've been having a few email deliver issues with our hosting provider recently :(

Once again I apologize for all the unexpected issues and am willing to make up for this in some way

Take care

Jack
RedlineGoods Team
RedlineGoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:30 AM   #3
Alfieboy
Madman

Drives: 2017 1SS
sounds good

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedlineGoods View Post
I understand your being disappointed with your order completion but I also feel this needs some clarification.

As for wrong embroidery this is our mistake of course that was corrected in due time.

The lead time seemed long, I agree, but this is mostly because we ship from our manufacturing site which is located in Poland. Another thing is that customizations always take more time than standard orders, especially embroidery that we do not do ourselves but outsource it which also takes time and additional effort. So even if we make replacement parts in 1-2 days the shipping only takes around 7-10 days and we have no influence on the way USPSworks :(

As for your shift boot - I admit it wasn't made properly but this was partially due to your own spelling mistake (caused by writing the message in a hurry I assuime, but still...) - we exchanged a few messages before you placed your order band we indeed discussed about the stripe on the boot but later when you specified your order details in one message you wrote "blue stitches" instead of "blue stripe"

So now to remedy the situation, we will of course make a new boot for you in the correct color scheme but please respond to my email of June 12th and we will proceed with sending you replacement boot immediately. If you did not receive that email (I assume this is the case as I still have not received your response), please PM me - we've been having a few email deliver issues with our hosting provider recently :(

Once again I apologize for all the unexpected issues and am willing to make up for this in some way

Take care

Jack
RedlineGoods Team

^^^^^^
Alfieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 07:39 PM   #4
franknbeans
Whipped

Yeah, I can see how the order is worded wrong.

I also PMed you here twice before this thread and haven't heard back.

Quote:
Ok. Just getting everything in one message.

*purchased sunvisors, covered in black alcantara and blue stitches.
*ebrake boot black alcantara & blue stitches
*shifter boot black alcantara with blue alcantara stripes.
*A-pillars cover in Alcantara Blue stitches.
*Center Console Cover + the two side trim pieces. - Black Alcantara, blue stitching.
*Armrest Cover with the Punisher Logo on it. - Black Alcantara
Punisher emblem in Gray please.
Old 07-01-2014, 12:10 PM   #5
franknbeans
Whipped

Quote:
Got it, Jeremy, I see the source of mistake now - you wrote STYRIPES in your shift boot details but underlined the ebrake boot details in the message - this is whant caused the confusion...

Shipping the proper shift boot tomorrow

Take care

Jack
RedlineGoods Team

But here's my order..

Quote:
Order ID: 1397587118339
Total charged: 582.50 USD

Product ordered: Telephone/internet order, - leather, - thread.
Your remarks: Forum Name: Franknbeans from camaro5.com
Name: Jeremy Ganss
Car: 2010 Camaro

List

All blue stitching should be MEDIUM BLUE.

*Center Console Cover + the two side trim pieces. - Black Alcantara, blue stitching.

Regardless, you sent me this PM on June 23rd. Saying it will be shipped out tomorrow. It's July 1st and I haven't got another email or PM from you.
Old 07-01-2014, 12:13 PM   #6
franknbeans
Whipped

This was on 5-22 Where you were suppose to replace both incorrect items. After this is when I ONLY got the correct Armrest.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by franknbeans
Hi Jack,

I just got my order from you today. 36 days after I placed my order and there's some things wrong.

This is what I ordered.

What came was made incorrect was.
1. Armrest cover has a transformer logo on it. Not the Punisher Logo I paid for.
2. The Shifter boot does not have the blue alcantara stripes I paid for either.

Quote:
Hi Jeremy

I apologize, we've been experiencing a great sales increase and with so much work overload, mistakes happen :-(

We will of course, make replacements for you, we will prepare the Alcantara for embroidery shop today and hopefully replacements are sent no later than on Monday.

As for photos, yes, please make at least one good quality photo of the boot and of the armrest cover - in order to save on shipping them back to us I'd like to ask you for assistance - I will put them on sale on the forum and as soon as there's a customer interested and pays for them, I will ask you to send them to him. And I will of course cover the costs.

What do you think? Can you do that for me?

Take care

Jack
RedlineGoods Team
Old 07-02-2014, 09:18 AM   #7
franknbeans
Whipped

Jack is making things right, it's just taking a lot longer than expected.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:23 AM   #8
Travisnd

Drives: 1992 RS & 2002 SS
Send a message via AIM to Travisnd
I've dealt with Redline in the past and haven't had any issues.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:43 PM   #9
IH8OPEC
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Drives: 2010 VR/W 2SS/RS L99
Wow, $500+ for less than a yard of fake leather!

Alcantara is a tradename given to a composite material used to cover surfaces and forms in a variety of applications. It can be described as an artificial substitute for suede leather. The material was developed in the early 1970s by Miyoshi Okamoto, a scientist working for the Japanese chemical company Toray Industries, and was based on the same technology of their other product Ultrasuede, produced around the same time
Old 07-29-2014, 03:40 AM   #10
RedlineGoods

Drives: Bumblebee :-)
What exactly are you referring to?

Take care

Jack
RedlineGoods Team
RedlineGoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 11:55 AM   #11
Goran
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by franknbeans View Post
Jack is making things right, it's just taking a lot longer than expected.
Glad to hear it brother,
I got some really good stuff from Jack "RedlineGoods" and I have had really good experience, and will buy again..

Keep us posted on the outcome, and please post some pics I know your order was really nice and unique and I cant wait to see the outcome