Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 01-06-2010, 10:13 AM   #15
4SD FED

Drives: 2010 rs/ss camaro
Hi mike im in Rochester hills at hamlin and Rochester rd. I tried to get a group together to talk over the winter mounth but no one was interested, but if you can get something together let me know. I'd be in
Old 01-06-2010, 10:36 AM   #16
Dave Coyle

Drives: 2010 SS , 1970 Z-28, 2002 Avalanche
Hello, I too am from Michigan and my "baby" is under her blanket for the winter waiting for April/May before she will show herself. I have seen 4 other SS's in my town and know two of the people but no one has done a "meet and greet". I am like my car, I go into hybernation in the winter.
Kooks 1 7/8 LT Headers/Hi-Flo Cats/Corsa Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI / Port Intake
Precission 2400/2800 Converter/3.73 AAM gears
Livernois Motorsports Tune

Best time: 11.97 @ 117 MPH
Dave Coyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:14 PM   #17
alfie43

Drives: S/C 2SS/RS Camaro-6M-VicRed
Send a message via ICQ to alfie43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coyle View Post
Hello, I too am from Michigan and my "baby" is under her blanket for the winter waiting for April/May before she will show herself. I have seen 4 other SS's in my town and know two of the people but no one has done a "meet and greet". I am like my car, I go into hybernation in the winter.
No disrespect...but where is Breckenridge?
Alfie
Old 01-06-2010, 03:53 PM   #18
Blueclyde

Drives: 2023 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfie43 View Post
Hey...it's good to hear from you. Happy New Year. Any additional mods to the car since we last talked...or later this winter? Did you store it at home or in another facility?
Alfie
Alfie - No additional Mods. Going to do the Hurst short-throw shifter in the spring. The car is sitting in the 3rd bay of my garage, under the cover. Waiting on the spring...
Blueclyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 06:08 PM   #19
CynAgain

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfie43 View Post
No disrespect...but where is Breckenridge?
Alfie
Do you see Lansing? its a little north of that

CynAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 06:13 PM   #20
huggerorangss

Drives: c6 corvette
Woodward on Friday and Saturday nights are fun in the summer, lots of cars, especially in June, July, Aug. Lots of cool cars and a bunch of everything, including camaros =).
huggerorangss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:45 AM   #21
SlpDave
SLP Car Club President

Drives: 1997 SLP Camaro SS
Thumbs up

mikeSS,
We have a 4th & 5th Generation Camaro & Firebird Car Club from where your from and we have get togethers every weekend from May-November, including all the major Cruises. Come out anytime you can and check us out. We already have 7 5th generation Camaros in the Club.

Anyone else is welcome too! We meet up during the winter for things but just without the cars. Check out the Events Section on our website to find out everything that is going on.

http://www.streetlethalperformance.com

Our next planned get together is Sunday, January 17th, 2010 at 12:30pm at Buffalo Wild Wings on 15 Mile Road & Utica in Clinton Township, Michigan.

Buffalo Wild Wings
15745 15 Mile Road
Clinton Township, MI 48035-2101
Phone: 586-293-9500

Store Hours:
Sun: 12pm to 12am
Mon: 11am to 1am
Tues-Sat: 11am to 2am
Old 01-07-2010, 09:49 PM   #22
WMCC Doug
Camaro for life

Drives: 2002 Hot Rod Magazine Ltd. Ed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
.... I feel that people in my state, maybe not my friends, but most people don't really care/ no interest in cars...
Hey Mike!

You can't be serious about that statement, are ya? You need to get out more!

You live near the "Motor City". I live near Grand Rapids, and even over here, on the west side of the State, we know there is some kind of car activity or event (or sometimes several) on any given weekend (and several during the week) in the Detroit area.

Dave already mentioned SLP, (Hi Dave, how ya doin'?)

There is also the Eastern Michigan Camaro Club, www.emcamaro.org (all Generations), as well as the Michigan F Body Association website, www.mifbody.com with around 1,000 Camaro and Firebird owners from all over Michigan (about half of those are from the southeast part of the State)..

MiFbody is holding their 6th Annual Meet & Greet on June 5th at Bakers in Milford. They expect 300 F-bodies this year. And it's FREE!

http://www.mifbody.com/vbulletin/sho...rmation-Thread

EMCC hosts the 19th Annual Camaro Superfest at Riverside Park in Ypsilanti on July 2,3 & 4, 2010

Our Club, the Western Michigan Camaro Club (celebrating 35 years as a Club this April) hosts the Berger Chevrolet All Chevy Show at Berger here in Grand Rapids. This year the dates are August 27-28, 2010. This will be the 11th Annual Berger Show.

MiFbody will also have a summer Meet & Greet (date to be determined yet) over here in West Michigan.

It was suggested that you pick up a copy of Cruis' News. It covers most of the events in the Detroit area for all summer.

You would be hard pressed to find another State with more car activities, or car nuts than Michigan.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:51 AM   #23
Lucky SOB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMCC Doug View Post
Hey Mike!

You can't be serious about that statement, are ya? You need to get out more!

You live near the "Motor City". I live near Grand Rapids, and even over here, on the west side of the State, we know there is some kind of car activity or event (or sometimes several) on any given weekend (and several during the week) in the Detroit area.

There is also the Eastern Michigan Camaro Club, www.emcamaro.org (all Generations), as well as the Michigan F Body Association website, www.mifbody.com with around 1,000 Camaro and Firebird owners from all over Michigan (about half of those are from the southeast part of the State)..

MiFbody is holding their 6th Annual Meet & Greet on June 5th at Bakers in Milford. They expect 300 F-bodies this year. And it's FREE!

http://www.mifbody.com/vbulletin/sho...rmation-Thread

EMCC hosts the 19th Annual Camaro Superfest at Riverside Park in Ypsilanti on July 2,3 & 4, 2010

Our Club, the Western Michigan Camaro Club (celebrating 35 years as a Club this April) hosts the Berger Chevrolet All Chevy Show at Berger here in Grand Rapids. This year the dates are August 27-28, 2010. This will be the 11th Annual Berger Show.

MiFbody will also have a summer Meet & Greet (date to be determined yet) over here in West Michigan.

It was suggested that you pick up a copy of Cruis' News. It covers most of the events in the Detroit area for all summer.

You would be hard pressed to find another State with more car activities, or car nuts than Michigan.
Good call Doug. I just saw this and was gonna send him over to MiFbody also.

So yeah, check out MiFbody.com we do a lot of meet ups on Woodward in the summer, pretty much every weekend.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:42 AM   #24
EvilbeE

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
come spring time id be down, im in the rochester shelby washington twp area, cars stored for winter and im in indy for school.

yea, im 18, i bought my Camaro paid in full with cash on 8/10/09
EvilbeE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:42 AM   #25
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Hope to see some of you guys at the Meet & Greet - last year we had a pretty good 2010 Camaro crowd there with how new the car was. Hope this year we have even more.

Thanks to Doug and Fred for mentioning MiFbody - we're not a club but we do get together and socialize on a regular basis. We hold two yearly car shows with prizes - one in Metro Detroit and one in the Grand Rapids area - and every Friday and/or Saturday that it is nice out we go to Woodward and hang out.

If you'd like - check out my site, MiFbody.com. We're just a forum to socialize on so we don't replace the need to have clubs like Western Michigan Camaro Club, Eastern Michigan Camaro Club, Street Lethal Performance, etc. We try to promote any club's activities that are willing to pass on their events to us and let everyone know about different shows going on in the area. I relate our site to being like the "Great Lakes" subforums on all the larger sites like Camaro5, CamaroZ28, and LS1Tech but instead of being a small chunk of a larger site our entire site is devoted to Michigan.

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:35 PM   #26
cba1252

Drives: 2010 1lt
how about.upper mi. in summer? well live here yes there is this part of mi. so not all camaros down state the u.p. is really nice in jun. july, aug. most years not last year enjoy ware ever it is you go to...
cba1252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:16 PM   #27
Bone
2SS RJT OWNER/OPERATOR

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 RJT
Michiganders and guests. I just got this idea. For the downriver cruise. June 26th I think. How about a caravan of camaros down Fort street. Wouldn't that be awesome. The downriver cruise, is about 7 mile long each way. (6 lane blvd.) We would need a large parking area for staging. (if anyone has connections to such) You will see some beautiful vintage cars... I highly recommend bringing the kids along. They will like it as much as you do. Just a thought. Now lets do it........

Last edited by Bone; 02-10-2010 at 07:38 PM.
Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 03:43 AM   #28
SlpDave
SLP Car Club President

Drives: 1997 SLP Camaro SS
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone View Post
Michiganders and guests. I just got this idea. For the downriver cruise. June 26th I think. How about a caravan of camaros down Fort street. Wouldn't that be awesome. The downriver cruise, is about 7 mile long each way. (6 lane blvd.) We would need a large parking area for staging. (if anyone has connections to such) You will see some beautiful vintage cars... I highly recommend bringing the kids along. They will like it as much as you do. Just a thought. Now lets do it........
Hey Bone - My F-Body Club attents this event every year. Here is a picture of some of us in 2008 You should meet up with us there this year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMCC Doug View Post

Hey Doug - Im doing well, how are you doing? Our Club is busy getting ready for the Detroit Autorama (Febuary 26-28) I was shocked when I heard they weren't having the Grand Rapids show anymore. I always liked coming out to that and seeing your Club at the show.

For any of you going to the Detroit Autorama stop by our Club display and say hi. We will have flyers for our F-Bodies on the Hill event at Waterford Hills Raceway on May 22-23, 2010. If you would like to get your Camaro or Firebird out on a road race track and see what it can do, this is a great time to do it. I will post the details in a seperate post for everyone.

Looking forward to a fun car season and seeing everyone out at all the Great Events around Michigan.