Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 10-28-2011, 05:55 AM   #141
HufferSS
I Wanna Go Faster!!

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun1 View Post
it's a planning issue on everything from logistics, accomodations, to vendors and sponsors, not enough time to put this together by first of May next year but perhaps fall of next year.

Most of that should have already been underway for the ZMaxx event.

I dunno...your call but I doubt a fall event will be that popular with CFest and IRS shootout already scheduled.

Did you guys not have a signed contract with ZMax before releasing the date?
HufferSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 03:57 PM   #142
Camaros To The Max
AKA...Grim Reaper

Drives: 2010 2 LT Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by HufferSS View Post
Most of that should have already been underway for the ZMaxx event.

I dunno...your call but I doubt a fall event will be that popular with CFest and IRS shootout already scheduled.

Did you guys not have a signed contract with ZMax before releasing the date?
Its a very long story! I don't know when our next event will be, but rest assured we have learned a lot from this one. I can personally tell you that there is NO one more disapointed than I am. I will leave it at that.
Camaros To The Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 04:10 PM   #143
nasty2ss

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaros To The Max View Post
PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT IMFORMATION....................................... ............ Due to reasons beyond my control, we are having to CANCEL this event. I apologize to everyone that has signed up and reserved hotel rooms for this event.
We were told by Z-Max that this event was a done deal and we could release our event date and then about a month ago we were contacted and told that there was a scheduling conflict with our date and he would get back with me. I have not heard from him since. I have called him numerous times and sent him e-mails since, but he has ignored them all. I am devastated by this all. Most of all I am sorry that I led my Camaro Friends to thinking we were having this awesome event and even had them to reserve hotel rooms in advance. I hate it with all I have in me, but it was beyond my control.
I personally gave him a piece of my mind. So if you have a reservation for this event at a hotel, please call and cancel it. Again, please except my apologies. Never again will our club associate with Z-Max Dragway.
nasty2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:35 PM   #144
stikSS
9691 & 97586

Drives: 2010 SS, 1999 SS, 1993 Z28
I have talked with Scott (Camaros to the Maxx) through PM and he gave me permission to mention our event on this thread.... So I politely this and let everyone know that Camaro South is ironing out the details for Camaros for Heroes II, which will be held sometime in May or June 2012. We are working with several folks to confirm dates, hopefully not not much longer.

We started this event this year, it went really good on Friday and then the weather crapped out on us... So we're looking to rebound next year with better weather!. I have another thread started for our event under the Southeast... feel free to post up there.
stikSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:18 PM   #145
40again

Drives: 2011 LS V6 6spd manual Victory Red
Quote:
Its a very long story! I don't know when our next event will be, but rest assured we have learned a lot from this one. I can personally tell you that there is NO one more disapointed than I am. I will leave it at that.
What a bummer! Well at least I got my Hilton points credit.....although I would have rather used them!
40again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 04:50 PM   #146
Stay Marine
Still love daily drivin'

Drives: Built '10 IBM 2SS; '15 Black Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by stikSS View Post
I have talked with Scott (Camaros to the Maxx) through PM and he gave me permission to mention our event on this thread.... So I politely this and let everyone know that Camaro South is ironing out the details for Camaros for Heroes II, which will be held sometime in May or June 2012. We are working with several folks to confirm dates, hopefully not not much longer.

We started this event this year, it went really good on Friday and then the weather crapped out on us... So we're looking to rebound next year with better weather!. I have another thread started for our event under the Southeast... feel free to post up there.
He#$%$# Yes!
Old 10-30-2011, 08:59 PM   #147
MS3DALE

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3/6M Litho#190
Quote:
PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT IMFORMATION....................................... ............ Due to reasons beyond my control, we are having to CANCEL this event. I apologize to everyone that has signed up and reserved hotel rooms for this event.
We were told by Z-Max that this event was a done deal and we could release our event date and then about a month ago we were contacted and told that there was a scheduling conflict with our date and he would get back with me. I have not heard from him since. I have called him numerous times and sent him e-mails since, but he has ignored them all. I am devastated by this all. Most of all I am sorry that I led my Camaro Friends to thinking we were having this awesome event and even had them to reserve hotel rooms in advance. I hate it with all I have in me, but it was beyond my control.
I personally gave him a piece of my mind. So if you have a reservation for this event at a hotel, please call and cancel it. Again, please except my apologies. Never again will our club associate with Z-Max Dragway.
Well this sucks Scott,I was getting a little "Camarovan" together too!
Let me know what you guys decide to do.

'11 IOM 2SS/RS LS3/6M HURST - Roto-Fab CAI-Kook's LTs-CORSA-Black Bear tuned
Proud Litho owner #190 - Homecoming Litho #120
'15 SILVERADO Z71 1500 LTZ Crew Cab - 6.2 "Midnight Edition" -Airaid intake-CORSA
MS3DALE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:24 AM   #148
Bertha II

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 SW
Just found out about the cancellation - bummer! Oh well, at least we've got CFEST III to look forward to this year. I called to cancel my reservations at the host hotel today (Comfort Suites 704-979-3800) and spoke with Lynn who said they still had a lot of room reservations for this event that had not been cancelled at their hotel. Apparently I'm not the only one who didn't know about the cancellation yet....

Hope to see you guys at Indy in August!

Quote:
TSP Stage 3 Cam, BBK SS/Ceramic Headers, Solo Cats, Borla Exhaust/Deletes, K&N CAI, Lethal Performance Tune, Carbotech Brakes, Phastek Braided Brake Lines, Brake Ducts, BMR/Eibach Springs, Hotchkis Sway Bars & End Links, BMR Chassis Connectors, Vorshlag Camber Plates, 1LE 3.91 Gear, Hurst Shifter, 2017 ZL1 Wheels, ZL1 Grille and Ground Effects, SLP Splitter, MPD1 Spoiler, Oracle Interior Lighting, Gen5DIY Headlight/Halo/DRL System
Bertha II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:05 PM   #149
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Several of our club members (Music City Camaro Club & Central Kentucky Camaro Club) had also been planning to go to this event. We were also dissappointed. Hopefully you guys can get something else worked out. Glad there is still C5 Fest!
Old 01-06-2012, 06:13 PM   #150
smokingcamaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Wow that sucks, I was really looking forward to this event and it would have been so close!!!
smokingcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:57 PM   #151
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertha II View Post
Just found out about the cancellation - bummer! Oh well, at least we've got CFEST III to look forward to this year. I called to cancel my reservations at the host hotel today (Comfort Suites 704-979-3800) and spoke with Lynn who said they still had a lot of room reservations for this event that had not been cancelled at their hotel. Apparently I'm not the only one who didn't know about the cancellation yet....

Hope to see you guys at Indy in August!
Hmm....really...ok.....I am gonna send out PM's to the people who signed up in this thread as a reminder to cancel their reservations.

It would be unfortunate for them to be saddled with cancellation fees. Thanks for the tip.

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote