Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: What is your opinion of the Mustang?
Hate it. Plain and simple. 11 7.19%
Improvement... but not my cup of Tea 27 17.65%
Love it, its my next car. 25 16.34%
Its cool, but its not a Camaro. 90 58.82%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 12:34 PM   #253
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
I'll bet who will have the most pre-orders!!!! not built
Old 05-10-2009, 12:40 PM   #254
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
I think GM are not marketing these cars correctly. In MIA, unless you are a Camaro fan, or a car enthusiast in general, many do not even know the Maro is being done. That is no joke as well. When a v6 shoed up to the local friday night car show, many were asking .."Is that a new GTO or something ? Its a camero ?? when did that happen ?"

Hell I finally seen a camaro commercial last week.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:44 PM   #255
Ninjak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N View Post
I saw both in person yesterday up close. The passenger side of the camaro interior is not nearly as bad as what it's made out to be and the dash buttons and stuff were Honda-esque. But I will say the dash on the driver side (speedo & tach) were HIDEOUS. They looked extremely cheap. Also, the plastic on the dash board all across was a little cheap as well, but not too bad. They should have just thrown the G8 interior in there, it was much better. I was surprised by how tiny the front windshield was and the rear visibility was quite lacking as well.
I have to agree. Also the cabin size seems a bit cramped. I am 6'4 290, and it was a bit of a squeeze...I was like "is this as far as the seat goes back ??" Also I did not like were the gauge cluster was..in front of the shifter like that...It seems you have to look right and down..granted you will not monitor that stuff like a hawk..but still..

I think they would have been better served by using the g8 concept, and just switched it around a bit.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:45 PM   #256
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N View Post
I saw both in person yesterday up close. The passenger side of the camaro interior is not nearly as bad as what it's made out to be and the dash buttons and stuff were Honda-esque. But I will say the dash on the driver side (speedo & tach) were HIDEOUS. They looked extremely cheap. Also, the plastic on the dash board all across was a little cheap as well, but not too bad. They should have just thrown the G8 interior in there, it was much better. I was surprised by how tiny the front windshield was and the rear visibility was quite lacking as well.
While the G8 interior is a bit nicer than the Camaro's, do you know how much flack Chrysler gets for using the same interior in the Charger and Challenger?

As for the rear visibility of the Camaro ... what rear visibility? lol.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 05-10-2009, 09:22 PM   #257
levi1922

Drives: 2LT RS CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
While the G8 interior is a bit nicer than the Camaro's, do you know how much flack Chrysler gets for using the same interior in the Charger and Challenger?

haha, yeah, people hate it if you do, people hate it if you dont.
i happen to like how the camaro has a camaro interior.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:33 PM   #258
Ninjak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post

Well..they did not need to make exactly like a G8...but just take some of the que's from it.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:33 PM   #259
Vizon
Banned

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
Got the 2010 Mustang GT Prem.

1. It is the better looking car in my opinion. Both inside and out. Now if it was the '05 model against the camaro it'd be a different story. The interior in the Camaro is way too cheap.

2. The front of the Mustang is way more appealing. The Camaro is lacking something, I think it's that really plastic looking grille. (I remember thinking the same thing about the '05 mustang having a really cheap grille)

3. More opportunities on the Mustang. Roush - need I say more?

4. Interior is like something of a cadillac, lexus or bmw. Its so nice.

5. Ambient lighting is done way more discreetly. It impresses but doesn't look like an alien spaceship.

However, don't let the cheaper price fool you - they aren't much of a difference.

2010 Mustang & 2010 Camaro both are some of the coolest cars. I was the first one to own a 2010 Mustang GT in my state, would love to roll around with a 2010 Camaro sometime. (Saw someone driving one today, though I think it was a v6)
Old 05-10-2009, 10:39 PM   #260
UD2012

Drives: 2003 Jeep Wrangler
there seems to be a lot of replies from mustang owners just pointing it out not trying to start argument
Old 05-10-2009, 10:45 PM   #261
levi1922

Quote:
Originally Posted by UD2012 View Post
there seems to be a lot of replies from mustang owners just pointing it out not trying to start argument
haha, they must have alot stonger koolaid than we camaro lovers....
they think the mustangs interior is as nice a a caddy, lexus or bimmer. HAHAHA, thats some strongggg kool aid.

i think just about every camaro lover would agree that the CTS has a nicer interior. not saying i would rather have that in the camaro, but its undoubtedly nicer.

again, not trying to start an argument...
Old 05-10-2009, 10:54 PM   #262
Vizon
Banned

ACTUALLY the guy that works on my cars (retired from the local dealer, owns his own shop) has an old school Camaro.. I think a 1960's?

His comment (not word for word): "I actually like the dash better than a Lexus, which is my favorite."

Now, without the wood I'd have to say my car looks nicer than this.. http://www.cadillac.com/cadillacjsp/...primary=2&id=1
Old 05-10-2009, 10:58 PM   #263
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi1922 View Post
haha, they must have alot stonger koolaid than we camaro lovers....
they think the mustangs interior is as nice a a caddy, lexus or bimmer. HAHAHA, thats some strongggg kool aid.

i think just about every camaro lover would agree that the CTS has a nicer interior. not saying i would rather have that in the camaro, but its undoubtedly nicer.

again, not trying to start an argument...
Hey man if thats his opinion its his opinion, I like the new Mustangs interior much more than the Camaros , but a CTS interior it is not! The CTS probably has the best interior for the money
Old 05-10-2009, 11:00 PM   #264
levi1922

im sorry, but it does not.
i know that you would like to think so, and thats totally cool that you think your car is the best made. and yes, i could compare a mustang to a cts, but that is not the topic at hand.

that doesnt meet 2012 safety standards is rubish. and i find it very odd of ford to unveil a car in 2010 that doesnt.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:02 PM   #265
levi1922

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
Hey man if thats his opinion its his opinion, I like the new Mustangs interior much more than the Camaros , but a CTS interior it is not! The CTS probably has the best interior for the money
agreed!
and they beat a lot of higher priced cars.
and yes, interiors are subjective...
but, i combated that with the safety mandate, thats a fact.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:07 PM   #266
Vizon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by levi1922 View Post
agreed!
and they beat a lot of higher priced cars.
and yes, interiors are subjective...
but, i combated that with the safety mandate, thats a fact.
Where are you getting this safety BS? lol

Closed Thread