Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-24-2009, 05:21 AM   #1
Heat Metal
Heat Metal

Drives: Camaro
Camaro Custom Billet Fuel Door - Heat Metal

Heat Metal Corp releases our custom billet fuel door for the new 2010 Chevrolet Camaro. This 3D design brings a performance inspired nostalgic look to the Chevy Camaro by getting rid of that plain old painted door.

Heat Metal CNC machined the Chevy Camaro Fuel Door with a 3D flare that no one offers. Even the Chrome Blast Fuel Door has a finish that many will try to imitate but never duplicate. The center halves have been textured to provide a contrast from the smooth chrome finish.

Our Camaro Fuel Door is CNC machined from aircraft grade 6061-T6 billet aluminum and finished in either Chrome Blast, Gun Metal, Stealth Anodized and Black Chrome.

Heat Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:46 AM   #2
CmB
OMG Bumblebee!! UM NO!!

Drives: IMO 2SS RS LOADED!
My fuel door is fine thanks. Make some custom metal floor inserts to replace the plastic one where I get in and out of the car and we can talk. It is the number one flaw as it gets scuffed by your shoe when you get out of the car. First company to make a durable replacement will make a fortune.
CmB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 08:45 AM   #3
Megamx

Drives: 2010 Camero... duh
I wouldn't mind it but I'd like to see it on a car pic first
Megamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:47 AM   #4
moto-camaro
CEO of the Internet

Drives: the Roflcopter
Send a message via AIM to moto-camaro Send a message via MSN to moto-camaro
i haz ze photoshop
i lightened it up in the second one, after i did the transform it seemed too dark compared to the OP's photo.

this is only a quick chop.
Heat Metal, if you can get a pic of this on a car that'd be a heck of a lot better, photoshops never do this kind of stuff justice.
Attached Images

moto-camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:53 AM   #5
SRFnSNO

Drives: Blown & Flamed
How Much For Camaro5 members?
SRFnSNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:58 AM   #6
Phenicks

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmB View Post
My fuel door is fine thanks. Make some custom metal floor inserts to replace the plastic one where I get in and out of the car and we can talk. It is the number one flaw as it gets scuffed by your shoe when you get out of the car. First company to make a durable replacement will make a fortune.
I believe Defenderworx.com has already produced some. If the door sill is what you are talking about.

http://www.defenderworx.com/index.ph...=29&Itemid=22#

And How much for the door? I did not see a price anywhere?
Phenicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:44 PM   #7
MidlifeZ28

Drives: Yellow 2SSrs 2G1FK1EJXA9110386
I got mine from Defenderworks mainly for the lock. I can just imagine paying good money for a nice cap and having someone pull it off for themselves. A lock keeps it from being stolen. Personal choice.
Rally Yellow 2SS/RS with Black Rally Stripes & Ground Effects Package, Grey/Black interior, Yellow Engine Cover, Chrome gas cap, side accents, 20" Polished Wheels, rear blackout package. VIN: 10386 MSRP $40,100
MidlifeZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:27 PM   #8
Heat Metal
Heat Metal

Drives: Camaro
Moto-Camaro you are hired that looks great! You have mastered the art of photoshop, but you are right I need to get a pic up with a door installed. 24 hours and it shall be done.

As for a locking Fuel Door we may consider it down the road but these days fuel tanks are pretty much siphon-proof. We also developed a way to secure our Heat Metal Fuel Door making it much more difficult to remove than the factory OE fuel door.

Price tag on this part: $159.00

Just to build some interest we will give all Camaro5 members 15% off through July 3rd and then it will probably be just a 10% discount.

Many more products are yet to to come including some really cool performance products! I will post as we roll out new products.

Thanks,

Last edited by Heat Metal; 06-24-2009 at 06:09 PM.
Heat Metal is offline   Reply With Quote