Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 03-07-2010, 07:14 AM   #29
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
I am 99% sure we are doing Sunday the 28th.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:15 AM   #30
bartking

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS sold 4/17/15
I just thought of something I'd like to do on the 28th. Change my snow tires/wheels back to the PZero's. Anyone have a jack big enough to do this as easy as possible... I have a 1.5ton jack I used for my 2000 SS but not sure it's enough to lift Heather (my car).
Old 03-08-2010, 10:55 AM   #31
heinzd01

Drives: 2010 SS RS, 1976 Type LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartking View Post
I just thought of something I'd like to do on the 28th. Change my snow tires/wheels back to the PZero's. Anyone have a jack big enough to do this as easy as possible... I have a 1.5ton jack I used for my 2000 SS but not sure it's enough to lift Heather (my car).
Your jack should be fine as long as your are doing one corner at a time.
heinzd01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:38 AM   #32
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
I just got a low profile 4 ton jack this weekend. If I can hoist it into the car, i will bring it. If not, i will bring my 2.25 ton one. Either way, I got the jack and stands covered. I have 6 - 2 ton stands and 2 - 4 ton. I will bring 4 - 2 ton ones, no need for the 4 tonners.

I am really looking forward to this. Do we have a person count yet? I havent been keeping track. I dont think the wife is coming. She sees this as "guy time"

Looks like we will get to check out some cool stuff! heinzD01's MGW, my Hurst and 4.10s, Drew10's cam package, 1 RED JEWL's brakes... this is going to be SWEET!

Hope for nice weather!
Old 03-08-2010, 12:19 PM   #33
bartking

I doubt that my performance tires will fit in the Camaro so I'll have to bring Linda along to drive the tires down in the acadia.

so my headcount is 2.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:37 PM   #34
heinzd01

Sunday March 28 get together

Below is the tentative list for the Sunday, March 28 get together.
  1. jrhaus76 (Install BMR trailing arms & bushings; toe rods; oil change)
  2. lowbubba (Install Hurst shifter)
  3. 1 RD JEWL (Maybe shifter)
  4. bartking (Maybe ABL)
  5. Drew10
  6. LadyinBlue
  7. dragorn
  8. GC-Camaro
  9. TLSTWIN
  10. FenwickHockey65 (iffy - probably heading back to Columbus)

I haven't heard from:
- EarliestMemory
- SilverIceMan
- prostock69
- cowboy1948
- tunacan58 (another Jamestown resident)
- Darth_Emma
- and many more

I'm thinking of asking most attendess to be there about 2 pm for food & conversation then work on mods. It would probably be better if jrhaus76 could come 1 to 2 hrs early to get started on his mods before eating.

I'm flexible between noon and 6pm on a time for eating. I was previously thinking hamburgers/hotdogs but now I'm thinking pizzas might be easier. I'm NOT a good cook. Anyone have any other food ideas? (I'm not planning to have any beer by the way as I don't want to encourage any alcoholic drinks and then driving your Camaro.)

Between my Dad's and my tools, we should be able to handle most jobs. We'll have jacks, stands, wrenches, sockets, screw drivers, oil filter wrenches, torque wrench, power cords, air supply, etc. Feel free to bring your own tools of course.

We need to get 1 RD JEWL to go ahead and purchase a shifter so we can install it unless he will do it himself.

I was guessing that bartking wasn't going to wait until 3/28 to put his summer wheels/tires on (or haul them to Jamestown either). Though if you do, we will have jacks available and can assist you.

I'm thinking I might disassembly my door panel and dash in case anyone would be interested in seeing what it would like like to do an ABL mod. I'll probably work on extending my door ABL before 3/28 and maybe get started on the dash on 3/28.

Hopefully we won't need internet access. Out in the country, my Dad only has dial-up. I'll bring my laptop if needed for any install videos.

J - I think you should bring Mrs. J if she wants to come. Hopefully LadyinBlue and Mrs Bartking will be there.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:49 PM   #35
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
I doubt that my performance tires will fit in the Camaro so I'll have to bring Linda along to drive the tires down in the acadia.

so my headcount is 2.
You can, they fit. One in the trunk, 3 in the back seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinzd01 View Post
  4. bartking (Maybe ABL)
  5. Drew10
  6. LadyinBlue
  7. dragorn
  8. GC-Camaro
  9. TLSTWIN

I haven't heard from:
- EarliestMemory
- SilverIceMan
- prostock69
- cowboy1948
- tunacan58 (another Jamestown resident)
- Darth_Emma
- and many more

I'm thinking of asking most attendess to be there about 2 pm for food & conversation then work on mods. It would probably be better if jrhaus76 could come 1 to 2 hrs early to get started on his mods before eating.

I'm flexible between noon and 6pm on a time for eating. I was previously thinking hamburgers/hotdogs but now I'm thinking pizzas might be easier. I'm NOT a good cook. Anyone have any other food ideas? (I'm not planning to have any beer by the way as I don't want to encourage any alcoholic drinks and then driving your Camaro.)

Between my Dad's and my tools, we should be able to handle most jobs. We'll have jacks, stands, wrenches, sockets, screw drivers, oil filter wrenches, torque wrench, power cords, air supply, etc. Feel free to bring your own tools of course.

We need to get 1 RD JEWL to go ahead and purchase a shifter so we can install it unless he will do it himself.

I was guessing that bartking wasn't going to wait until 3/28 to put his summer wheels/tires on (or haul them to Jamestown either). Though if you do, we will have jacks available and can assist you.

I'm thinking I might disassembly my door panel and dash in case anyone would be interested in seeing what it would like like to do an ABL mod. I'll probably work on extending my door ABL before 3/28 and maybe get started on the dash on 3/28.

Hopefully we won't need internet access. Out in the country, my Dad only has dial-up. I'll bring my laptop if needed for any install videos.
OK... so I wont bring my jack or stands. I will also be there early as I have the most work. I can be there any time. Randy (lowdubba) and I are also changing to Mobil 1 trans fluid. Can I plan on getting there about noon? Then I can get my car going since it will probably take a bit. Also, can we have Randy get there about then too since he has the trans fluid pump? Once we get mine all done, we can get Randy's up. It's really your call, I just don't want to hog all the time on the lift!

Pizza sounds great, I would nix any alcohol. I will have my lap top that has broadband anywhere as long as there is cell service.

JEWL... why dont you order both the MGW and Hurst, then see what you like and return to other one. Just make sure they are returnable!
Old 03-08-2010, 12:51 PM   #36
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

haha, you added the thing about Mrs. J! I would for sure bring her if she wants to come!
Old 03-08-2010, 12:58 PM   #37
heinzd01

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
OK... so I wont bring my jack or stands. I will also be there early as I have the most work. I can be there any time. Randy (lowdubba) and I are also changing to Mobil 1 trans fluid. Can I plan on getting there about noon? Then I can get my car going since it will probably take a bit. Also, can we have Randy get there about then too since he has the trans fluid pump? Once we get mine all done, we can get Randy's up. It's really your call, I just don't want to hog all the time on the lift!

Pizza sounds great, I would nix any alcohol. I will have my lap top that has broadband anywhere as long as there is cell service.

JEWL... why dont you order both the MGW and Hurst, then see what you like and return to other one. Just make sure they are returnable!
I don't mind if you, lowbubba or anyone else wants to come early. I'll probably be there by at least 10 am.

Cell service might be a little spotty but we can see.

Be careful about any restocking fees. I've been in contact with 1 RD JEWL about trying my shifter before 3/28.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:04 PM   #38
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
I don't mind if you, lowbubba or anyone else wants to come early. I'll probably be there by at least 10 am.

Cell service might be a little spotty but we can see.

Be careful about any restocking fees. I've been in contact with 1 RD JEWL about trying my shifter before 3/28.
I will do the same... He can try mine too.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:11 PM   #39
bartking

Quote:
  4. bartking (Maybe ABL) - the no cost door ABL fix not the dash. - stuff came up
  5. Drew10
  6. LadyinBlue
  7. dragorn
  8. GC-Camaro
  9. TLSTWIN

my tools are lots of blood, sweat and then finally tears.

Quote:

Yep I expect another less than 40degree blast before then... i mean it usually snows here in april at least once so I thought I was changing them too soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
You can, they fit. One in the trunk, 3 in the back seat.
I'm not sure about that I lean way back. Plus I won't mess up the leather seats with the weight of the wheels for 2+hours (round trip). Plus it will get Linda out of the house.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:11 PM   #40
Lowbubba

Drives: 2010 2 SS
If he wants to try my shifter, I can mail it to him. It's still in the box. Sorry I had to do that. Looking forward to the 28. Wife says Bye, have a good time. I'll bring a 12 pack of Coke, and a cooler (small) with ice. Pizza sound easy, let us know if there is anything else needed. tools, food, or pop. I hope my new fog light bulbs show up by then. I ordered from ACC and they are suppose to ship last week? This week? Next week? This month? I know, sometime this year. Anyway, if they come in we can install them while the car is in the air.
Later,
Randy
Lowbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:00 AM   #41
heinzd01

Quote:

so my headcount is 2.
bartking - If you haven't done so already, you might want to wash/wax the inside of your summer wheels. It is much easier to wax them when they aren't on the car.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:24 AM   #42
bartking

Ahhh now that is a cool idea!