Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 03-27-2013, 07:44 PM   #12195
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
They said 100 less than an SS. SS 3,850. I thought the ZL1 was 4,080.
They said 100 pounds less than a SS, 300 less than a ZL1, and a ZL1 is 4,200 pounds and change....
Old 03-27-2013, 07:53 PM   #12196
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1 or Suzuki Hayabusa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
At one point I recall a requirement or proposal that tail lights be visible from the side view. The Camaro today would not meet that. But I don't know if that ever became law. Actually the rear lights remind me a bit of the old 84 rear end.

I have no idea what a sawbriar is and am not inclined to google it. Ok maybe I will. But still no idea what it is or how a mule would eat one.
Please hold for a

If you haven't already gone there, the phrase "like a mule eatin' sawbriars" is an archaic Southern colloquialism. Sawbriars are tasty (to mules anyway) but very thorny, so they pull their lips way back so they can chew without getting skewered. It looks like they are smiling with the pearly whites (or possibly pearly greens in their case) prominently displayed.

Its just a colorful way to say that I am smiling a lot.

This PSA was brought to you by

Last edited by Scarrzz; 03-28-2013 at 08:25 AM.
Scarrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:57 PM   #12197
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Scarrzz, you were more than smilin when the ZL1 came out...hey..pass me a cold one BTW....
Old 03-27-2013, 08:09 PM   #12198
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
The good thing is how active the whole site is. The bad thing is the house Wong keep up with all the new specific Z28 threads that will go up for the next few weeks ........ Or so
Old 03-27-2013, 08:10 PM   #12199
Scarrzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
Scarrzz, you were more than smilin when the ZL1 came out...hey..pass me a cold one BTW....
First things first, here Ya go, my Bro.

I do without reservation love the mighty ZL1. I wants the precious. I NEEDS it.

Sooner would be better.

The deposit I put down is languishing at the dealership...

Its so close I'll just wait to see what new stuff is available for '14 MY.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:41 PM   #12200
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
Yes...the Camaro Team does listen.

Janet
They do in spades! I am still struggling with the idea that the Camaro TEAM includes me. I spent hours today visiting with engineers and designers. We had a great dinner with a number of key Camaro TEAM engineers and fanatical Camaro owners. We retired to the hotel bar for a few ****tails with Tom Henry, Joe Posby and Becky Doyle.

The Camaro is still doing what it is supposed to do. Bringing people from all walks of life together.

Quote:
Based on the photos and nothing more it appears no body sheetmetal changes were involved. If that is true, you should be able to attach the current fascia.

What is not known:

Electrical hookups

Attachment holes in the body (not to hard to change punches in the dies) but I'm guessing there would be no changes for 2014

My guess is the lights look better in person. But that remains to be seen.
#1 after spending the day with the 2014 Camaro there is no doubt in my mind that it is better in all design respects. Once you get over the idea that the perfect 5th Gen has been changed you can see the perfection of the 2014 Camaro. I really tip my hat to Tom Peters and his TEAM.

Quote:
I found it interesting that they announced the weight reduction from the ZL1 no the SS.

300 pound reduction from a car that gained a bunch of weight for supercharger and intercooler not to mention MR shocks is marketing 101.

So what's the reduction from a 1SS? My guess is a nice solid 125 pounds. Does anyone remember how much the ZL1 bumped the weight?

So if this baby comes in at 3700 to 3750 that wouldn't be all bad. But that really means a car that remains 500 pounds more than a Z06. What would you do?
The new Z28 has more everything and still weighs in just over 100 pounds less than the SS. More coolers, bigger wheels, bigger tires, bigger brakes, stronger drive-line, etc.

The 2010 - 2013 fascias will fit, though there are differences in the wiring harness. The 2014 rear deck lid has a bump in it to accommodate the third tail light. There is a slight difference in the wiring for the LED version of the tail lights too.

Quote:
The good thing is how active the whole site is. The bad thing is the house Wong keep up with all the new specific Z28 threads that will go up for the next few weeks ........ Or so
There is a lot of superfluous conversation from people that can't get their arms around change. Change is the one thing you can count on if you wake up to live another day, but that doesn't stop people from fighting it. Change aside, people will always have different visions of what they like. That said, spend a day with the 2014 and then post your thoughts. The subtle lines that make or break great design do not photograph well. I thought the new C7 was well done. I was wrong. The new C7 is 100% Vette and still breaks new ground. That is the essence of great design. Tom Peters' TEAM did both. Bill Bonifice's TEAM did the ATS and CTS. Killer new automobiles.

We are living in a golden age for the GM stable.

Please excuse any errors and join me in a toast to TEAM Camaro!

JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:58 PM   #12201
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
They do in spades! I am still struggling with the idea that the Camaro TEAM includes me. I spent hours today visiting with engineers and designers. We had a great dinner with a number of key Camaro TEAM engineers and fanatical Camaro owners. We retired to the hotel bar for a few ****tails with Tom Henry, Joe Posby and Becky Doyle.

The Camaro is still doing what it is supposed to do. Bringing people from all walks of life together.

#1 after spending the day with the 2014 Camaro there is no doubt in my mind that it is better in all design respects. Once you get over the idea that the perfect 5th Gen has been changed you can see the perfection of the 2014 Camaro. I really tip my hat to Tom Peters and his TEAM.

The new Z28 has more everything and still weighs in just over 100 pounds less than the SS. More coolers, bigger wheels, bigger tires, bigger brakes, stronger drive-line, etc.

The 2010 - 2013 fascias will fit, though there are differences in the wiring harness. The 2014 rear deck lid has a bump in it to accommodate the third tail light. There is a slight difference in the wiring for the LED version of the tail lights too.

There is a lot of superfluous conversation from people that can't get their arms around change. Change is the one thing you can count on if you wake up to live another day, but that doesn't stop people from fighting it. Change aside, people will always have different visions of what they like. That said, spend a day with the 2014 and then post your thoughts. The subtle lines that make or break great design do not photograph well. I thought the new C7 was well done. I was wrong. The new C7 is 100% Vette and still breaks new ground. That is the essence of great design. Tom Peters' TEAM did both. Bill Bonifice's TEAM did the ATS and CTS. Killer new automobiles.

We are living in a golden age for the GM stable.

Please excuse any errors and join me in a toast to TEAM Camaro!

Thanks Pete!! Lowering?

tramtwo posted this on the go
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:00 PM   #12202
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Thanks Pete!! Lowering?

tramtwo posted this on the go

Nothing new here.

NEEDS LOWERING!
Old 03-27-2013, 11:02 PM   #12203
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Hey Pete? You guys find anyone in B-Ham?
Old 03-27-2013, 11:04 PM   #12204
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Hey Pete? You guys find anyone in B-Ham?
No, we want you to come to us. We'll get Doug, Robert and a few others together at the shop and then at my house. When are you coming?
Old 03-27-2013, 11:43 PM   #12205
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
No, we want you to come to us. We'll get Doug, Robert and a few others together at the shop and then at my house. When are you coming?
Old 03-28-2013, 08:32 AM   #12206
Scarrzz

You guys have fun, I'm gonna be hiking at Havasu Falls near the Grand Canyon for a week. Being temporarily retired does have its perks.

See Yall when I get back.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:25 AM   #12207
IOMZL1

Drives: 2015 Z/28 | 2017 Viper ACR Extreme
Can’t wait to get my hands on the new Z/28!! Love the fact that the LS7 is in the car! Hoping for an MSRP of $35-40k. Definitely going to add the A/C option. Here is my expected mod list:

- Aftermarket Radio with 2 x 14” subs in the back. That one speaker really isn’t cutting it for me.
- Leather seats and trunk carpet. These Recaros look weird, don’t want them preventing me from sliding over to grab the taco bell off of the passenger seat. And the trunk carpet will match the new subwoofer boxes.
- Upgrade to 22”x 8” chrome wheels.
- Aftermarket body kit. Can’t stand the hood vent, spoiler, and splitter!!! FUGLY
- Carbon Ceramic Rotor Swap for steel rotors, will sell these for 10k on eBay to help pay for the wheels.
- Replace suspension with more comfortable air bag suspension.
- Supercharger to bring the power up to speed with the ZL1

Any other mods I am forgetting?

dougshelbyengineering.com

www.facebook.com/dougshelbyengineering

www.instagram.com/dougshelbyengineering
IOMZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:40 AM   #12208
JusticePete

The wallet mod. Pricing has not been announced so these are guesses.

Low End $56,000 the same as the ZL1.

High End $85,000 about Z06 territory.

The hardest, fastest, best handling Camaro is a premium performance car with an MSRP to match.

Tags
"number z", 2014 700hp z/28, 3/27/2013, 75k, super de duper z thread, thread for the zed, what'z up?, where's our z/28, why no big z?, z/28 spring 2014