Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-30-2018, 08:48 PM   #183
F1FTY

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt1z350 View Post
This is really weird guys I haven’t touched mine since 500 miles on the car and now have 4000 on it with around 27 runs down the quarter mile. My rear tires bald fronts have way ate up as I drive the car very hard when I do drive it. I didn’t use any lock tight on them still my stock set of nuts no updated ones. I just ran them down with my small electric impact where I couldn’t get the torque wrench on. So uppers I torqued lowers impact. Nothing loose in 3500 miles with extreme driving. I worked at a caddy dealership in the late 90s early 2000s so saw this a lot on the North Star cars so knew just get them really tight and won’t come lose again. Also maybe it’s how they get tightened I do mine with suspension loaded not with it hanging off the jack or jack stand. Just don’t see why so many have issues with coming loose again. Anyone wants to pm me I will be glad to answer any questions.
What kind of torque values do you think your impact hit them with? The factory torques are 74 and 89 i believe.

I'm going to go with these Nord Locks:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/NORD-LOCK...Pk-10/40846371
F1FTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 10:43 PM   #184
Dzcamaro

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Thanks for the info man. It really helped me out with my 1LE
Dzcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 05:04 PM   #185
Timbo-1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Was at Sebring Friday, bumpy track, lower drivers side came way loose by EOD and banging on the ride home this morning. Amazon to the rescue & lock tight.
Timbo-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 09:02 PM   #186
Pollock
LT4 M6

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Are you guys seeing any feedback in the steering wheel?
This clunking problem started for me on the way home from my second track day. Car drives fine but its like at times I can feel it also.

Pulled the wheels off and checked visually and put a cressent wrench on the nuts. They seemed tight but did not see this thread before I started looking at my suspension. When I say tight i mean not loose to turn with minimal torque.
Pollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 11:45 PM   #187
Bx Tpr

Drives: 22 ZLE 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollock View Post
Are you guys seeing any feedback in the steering wheel?
This clunking problem started for me on the way home from my second track day. Car drives fine but its like at times I can feel it also.

Pulled the wheels off and checked visually and put a cressent wrench on the nuts. They seemed tight but did not see this thread before I started looking at my suspension. When I say tight i mean not loose to turn with minimal torque.
I def get feedback when it clunks. Initially I thought there was an issue with the steering rack but that wasn't the case. I've been trying to figure out how to get a torque wrench on the bottom nut with the limited space available with no luck. This sound is driving me crazy.
Bx Tpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 05:43 AM   #188
Pollock
LT4 M6

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bx Tpr View Post
I def get feedback when it clunks. Initially I thought there was an issue with the steering rack but that wasn't the case. I've been trying to figure out how to get a torque wrench on the bottom nut with the limited space available with no luck. This sound is driving me crazy.
This has to be my issue as well then. I have a smaller 3/8 drive torque wrench. I am hoping that works.
Pollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 01:38 PM   #189
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
i have a small clunk that keeps coming back after a few months and finally figured it out last year as the swaybar stud was broke but now thats fixed got on new springs and just had an alignment its back lol hope it didnt break again and its just the endlinks

also where you guys getting these from??

Take four 12mm Nordlock washers with you and be done with it

Last edited by kropscamaro16; 04-23-2018 at 03:08 PM.
kropscamaro16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 09:14 PM   #190
Bx Tpr

So out of curiosity I took the driver side endlink off the car and drove the car around the block to check for clunks. I’m convinced it’s no longer my endlinks clunking. The clunking was still there. I started banging around the suspension pieces and noticed when I hit the steering rack inner tie rod it reverberates. This might be the reason why some are feeling this through the steering wheel. I’ll try to make a video showing this and post up. It's number 7 I'm striking to make the noise.
Attached Images

Last edited by Bx Tpr; 04-23-2018 at 11:48 PM.
Old 04-24-2018, 08:09 AM   #191
Bx Tpr

https://youtu.be/-Olh_fZEZ7k

Last edited by Bx Tpr; 04-24-2018 at 09:53 PM.
Old 04-24-2018, 08:48 AM   #192
driven2exceSS

Drives: 2016 2SS BLK A8 Vert
Quote:
Thank you Sir for the lead on this possible culprit!
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
driven2exceSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 12:11 PM   #193
Dave_StHelens

Drives: 2017 Summit White R/S, V6, NPP Exh
Quote:
Many thx for that! I do not have the "clunk" at this time but this is sure good to know!
Old 04-24-2018, 10:13 PM   #194
Bx Tpr

I just hope we can get to the bottom of it. While driving I was looking at my steering wheel and noticed it was slightly off center to the right. Every time I tried centering it the car would pull left. Loose tie rod? Off center steering wheel?
Old 04-25-2018, 09:06 AM   #195
Childs Play
Pizza & Wings Only $12.99

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
So out of curiosity I took the driver side endlink off the car and drove the car around the block to check for clunks. I’m convinced it’s no longer my endlinks clunking. The clunking was still there. I started banging around the suspension pieces and noticed when I hit the steering rack inner tie rod it reverberates. This might be the reason why some are feeling this through the steering wheel. I’ll try to make a video showing this and post up. It's number 7 I'm striking to make the noise.
I still have the clunk going over bumps sometimes and can feel it through the wheel. I'm wondering if this is what's causing it. I've already swapped to aftermarket end links and added nordlock washers and loctite.

I had my car aligned not too long ago but notice that the wheel randomly likes to be off center some times as well.

Now here comes the dumb question...

How do I tighten this part? Or should I have someone else who knows what they're doing climb under there?

Past Rides:
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
2012 Camaro ZL1 A6
2017 Camaro 2SS M6
Childs Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 10:33 AM   #196
driven2exceSS

Drives: 2016 2SS BLK A8 Vert
"How do I tighten this part? Or should I have someone else who knows what they're doing climb under there?"

+1
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
driven2exceSS is offline   Reply With Quote