Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 11-02-2008, 05:10 PM   #1
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
brake jobs

We did 8 brake changes today (all 4 brakes on the buick regal &all 4 on my sliverado)the brake change on the buick went well & fast the truck on the other hand didnt go very well.

The front brakes were odd, but we finally got them off, But the back brakes my husband couldnt figure out why he couldnt break the torque on the caliber bolts.
when he finally got the bolts off the drivers side, he looked at them & starts cussing up a storm, some flipping idoit decided they were going to put thread locker on the bolts.
Well 4 sockets later he finally got the pax side, hes not happy but I got new brakes on my truck & new brakes on the buick.

Yesterday we did two oil changes (one on each of the vettes) plus changed the oil sending unit on my vette, who ever designed that needs to be shot.

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 05:17 PM   #2
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
sounds like a busy day!
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 05:18 PM   #3
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroczlover View Post
We did 8 brake changes today (all 4 brakes on the buick regal &all 4 on my sliverado)the brake change on the buick went well & fast the truck on the other hand didnt go very well.

The front brakes were odd, but we finally got them off, But the back brakes my husband couldnt figure out why he couldnt break the torque on the caliber bolts.
when he finally got the bolts off the drivers side, he looked at them & starts cussing up a storm, some flipping idoit decided they were going to put thread locker on the bolts.
Well 4 sockets later he finally got the pax side, hes not happy but I got new brakes on my truck & new brakes on the buick.

Yesterday we did two oil changes (one on each of the vettes) plus changed the oil sending unit on my vette, who ever designed that needs to be shot.

sucks about the locktite...

did you seafoam the cars when you changed the oil?
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 05:41 PM   #4
yotaman96

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS1LE 2000 Trans Am WS6
I need to read the titles more closely. I was expecting something completely different.
2015 Ram Crew Cab Cummins
yotaman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 05:42 PM   #5
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
oh our corvette brake fluid plug thing was cross threaded. what a bitc# to get off
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 06:21 PM   #6
Silverghost

Drives: Z28
I always use locktite on my brakes, that is blue locktite, not red. I agree it sucks for the next guy who doesn't know I used it but I have seen a caliper bracket come loose on a buddies car and don't want the same.

www.rivercityperformance.com
Silverghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 07:00 PM   #7
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Blue locktite is your friend. Red is not.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 08:14 PM   #8
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
Blue locktite is your friend. Red is not.
this stuff was yellow or a green.

Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Old 11-02-2008, 08:30 PM   #9
Superman09
Account SNAFU

Drives: 13 Tahoe 79 Scout II 15 1LE
that yellow greenish stuff is factory applied. However made that decision was probably . I run into it all the time since I am a mechanic. My best suggestion would be use an impact gun or a breaker bar next time you do the first brake job on a car. And I do definently agree that blue locktite is good but red is hell.
Superman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 08:32 PM   #10
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
Green - penetrating grade No. 220(blue), 290 & 294 - Used for parts that have already been assembled. Green No. 290 is commonly used to bond a bearing to a shaft. Due to its low viscosity, capillary action wicks the solution between the shaft and the inner race of the bearing.
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 08:58 PM   #11
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman09 View Post
that yellow greenish stuff is factory applied. However made that decision was probably . I run into it all the time since I am a mechanic. My best suggestion would be use an impact gun or a breaker bar next time you do the first brake job on a car. And I do definently agree that blue locktite is good but red is hell.
we had breaker bars, but he kept breaking the socketsm Hell he busted one of our good craftsmans

but his birthday is this weekend so I get to go buy him more tools

Oh the truck is a 99 & the rear breaks were down to nothing left on the pads.

Old 11-02-2008, 09:45 PM   #12
Superman09
Account SNAFU

Drives: 13 Tahoe 79 Scout II 15 1LE
Just one more tip, always use impact sockets on a breaker bar. I have broke untold numbers of craftsman sockets on breakers but have never busted an impact socket. But then again all my impact stuff is either snapon or matco
Superman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 09:59 PM   #13
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Drives: Nothing Currently
When I did the brakes on my girlfriend's 1998 Dodge Intrepid, the rear pads had NOTHING on them. It was just the metal backing. To think, her step dad kept telling her to wait a couple more months to fix it. I was pissed.

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 10:48 PM   #14
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman09 View Post
Just one more tip, always use impact sockets on a breaker bar. I have broke untold numbers of craftsman sockets on breakers but have never busted an impact socket. But then again all my impact stuff is either snapon or matco
dont own a set of impact wrenches YET