Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 05:50 AM   #15
V-6 H8R
Banned

Drives: lt
the "guilty until proven innocent" thing just reinforces the OP point of view. easy on the old timers and hard on the newbies. kind of a forum bullying thing? I've seen it on other boards and forums. Too bad really.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:27 AM   #16
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-6 H8R View Post
the "guilty until proven innocent" thing just reinforces the OP point of view. easy on the old timers and hard on the newbies. kind of a forum bullying thing? I've seen it on other boards and forums. Too bad really.
...........yea because off of your two posts and your username i can tell that you're not a troll.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:07 AM   #17
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
You pretty much just proved my point. I'll use you for example. You only have 4 posts, and you're acting like you know everything about this forum. I can promise you I know more about how this forum than you since I've been around since 2009, and signed up in 2010.

It's not bullying. It's protecting the forum. That's all the moderators are doing. They're not out to make you guy feel like you're be bullied. It's just pretty easy to point out newbies that are trolls or trouble makers. Ahem. I think they're doing a great job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
...........yea because off of your two posts and your username i can tell that you're not a troll.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:15 AM   #18
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
When I started modding, I didn't have a plan and my mods began to look inconsistent. Then I came up with a pla......

wait, whut? Oh, nevermind
Old 09-28-2012, 10:02 AM   #19
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
When I started modding, I didn't have a plan and my mods began to look inconsistent. Then I came up with a pla......

I was thinking of something like this with this thread title

Quote:

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
Old 09-28-2012, 10:17 AM   #20
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post

Old 09-28-2012, 11:43 AM   #21
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
It's not bullying. Someone who has over 10,000 posts obviously hasn't caused too much trouble, or they would've been kicked long ago. On the other hand, mods are going to be more suspicious of someone who just signed up with a handful of posts simply because they don't know you well enough yet.

Think of it this way: Who would you be more comfortable with taking care of your kids? Some random guy you just met on the street, or a family friend you've known for years?
Old 09-28-2012, 07:26 PM   #22
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I'm wondering how the OP knows who is getting banned for what. We do not share that info. Usually, if someone posts something that warrants a ban it gets deleted, and even if it doesn't, there are no indicators that show someone got infracted for making it.

The only person other than site staff that would know is the one who got banned. And in my experience, these folks can't be relied upon to tell the whole truth. So perhaps they get banned & its seemingly for one little comment they made. However, what they fail to mention is the previous infractions they've received for that same behaviour or the PMs that mods have sent them telling them to knock it off or even the public reminders that the staff make, reminding people to tone it down or risk infractions. And all that is assuming that they're even telling a partial truth. Its pretty easy to say 'they banned me for nothing' when in reality, it would be self evident to practically anyone else why they were banned.

Now that thats out of the way, if you see something that you think we should act upon report it (),imple as that. We will review the post, and act accordingly. This might be a deletion of the post, banning the member, making a public warning, sending a private message, issuing a warning, making a note to watch their behaviour, or doing nothing at all. Just keep in mind that even if you don't see any action taken doesn't mean we haven't done anything.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 09-29-2012, 01:24 AM   #23
V-6 H8R
Banned

Drives: lt
The above post is the most reasonable one I've read on this thread. Yes, I'm new to this site as far as posting goes but I have been reading posts here for over a year and have watched when guys get suspended for something i felt wasnt too bad and others get a pass for terrible language, pictures of people urinating or worse and others talking political trash all the time. Either the rules get followed by everyone or no one. I recently decided to actually participate so I registered. I thing if reasonable people read many of the replies in this thread they would agree that newbies are not warmly welcomed if they post something that's not within the kook aid way of thinking even if the are not swearing, being lude or mean. Even one of the mods was mean in this thread and calling me names. Heck, I've not called anyone a bad name like I've seen here. Just seems like double standards and a clique with certain members. Maybe that's by design but it just doesn't seem right or nice for a public forum.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:48 AM   #24
Mantisfan
Banned

Drives: 2011 LT
Thanks to all for their posts. It has given me some insight that I did not have before. But I must say that many of these posts do suggest that this is a Facebook type "forum of friends" place. Like others I don't have a lot of free time and I glance at forum items. I've been doing that for almost 2 years. Then when I finally got around to writing some comments I am immediately thought of as some rookie. Well I've rebuilt a number of engines and gearboxes over the years and know plenty about cars but because I don't post too much I get patronized by members who think I'm a nut. I also read two threads recently (cholos and cafe standards) where a lot of bad language and demeaning comments were made. I also saw where a guy was suspended because it all of a sudden came on the site. But others who were really bad got a pass. So there I've said my peace and will stop. My point is that there are tens of thousands of folks on this site. Who cares if you "know" them or if they are only occasional users. They should be treated the same as those who have loads of free time and comment daily. Why chase people away? It's more about old timer's ego than real oversight from my observations.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:30 AM   #25
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Dang I never saw that cholo thread, but now I'm glad I didn't.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:52 PM   #26
Moderator1

Drives: Camaro
As proven by an IP address search, the OP and a 2nd member in this thread are one in the same. The OP's third account is temporarily suspended and should he/she continue to violate site rules, will also be permanently suspended.

This is not a question of treating new members differently than members who have been here longer. It is a matter of previously suspended members re-joining the site and continuing in their unwelcome ways.

While Moderators attempt to enforce site rules accordingly, discretion will naturally come into play.

All we ask is that members adhere to the site rules and the subject matter of how site rules are enforced upon you will not be a question.

Closed Thread