Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 11-19-2013, 06:11 PM   #29
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro66 View Post
I don't care about your point. I am sharing mine If you don't like it We'll that Breaks my heart. And move on
You don't have a point. You have an opinion. Your opinion is what validates my point. You may be right... he may be a time bomb. The problem is, like so many others with such "strong feelings", you weren't there either. Your opinion actually represent the entire reason why the justice system is in place at all. What breaks your heart? That I'm not mad? That I don't assume I know more than the prosecution, the defense, the jury, or the judge? That I don't assume he's guilty because "I think he did it"? Let that sink in, and let yourself wonder how this country would be if things were run like that. Does the term "mob rule" mean anything to you?

By your statement, you had your mind made up before the original trial even began, like so many others. The media did that. Not the evidence. And if you were in a situation where you had to defend yourself... and this is separate from that case all together... you would want a fair judgement based on the evidence. You wouldn't want a friend of the person's life you felt you were forced to take in the jury box would you?

You certainly wouldn't want to be innocent and in that position... the whole country focusing on you, hating you for something you felt you had to do to preserve your life, blowing up the news about any speeding ticket you got or any dispute you got in? His life is ruined for something that was decided he didn't do by a jury of his peers. Look past your hatred and try to stand outside the box for a minute. Just try it. Of course you can have your opinion. I just ask what I try to do myself... try to look at a topic like this objectively and with no emotion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post

Right?

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 06:41 PM   #30
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
I would want a fair trial. But I did not just got away with murder. Like he did he should thank is lucky stars. And now he is in trouble again. FYI I AM NOT MAD OR DISLIKE YOU BY ANY MEANS IN THIS JUST SAYING

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He got a fair trial and was found innocent yet you and half the country keep saying he is a murderer, does that mean everyone that gets off on self defense is also a murderer in your eyes or just him?
Old 11-19-2013, 06:50 PM   #31
SSmoothie

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6SP Blk/Blk
Quote:
But I did not just got away with murder. [/URL]
He didn't either.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:14 PM   #32
kalimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
He got a fair trial and was found innocent yet you and half the country keep saying he is a murderer
This. A whole lot of this. It seems like "fair trial" is only something that results in a verdict that a person believes it should be. How do you, camaro66, say he "got away" with murder? What do you know that the courts didn't know? Why do you believe he should have been found guilty?

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia
Old 11-20-2013, 12:39 PM   #33
Envy
Bully Proof

Drives: C5 COTW 1/31/2011
Some have mentioned that Zimmerman did the same thing with his soon to be ex-wife but nothing came of it. No one mentioned that the reason that nothing became of it was that his wife did not press charges...but it appears he wont be so lucky this time.

So one could say that Zimmerman is establishing a pattern here. What is the pattern? He won't hesitate to pull a gun during a heated discussion...whether it's necessary or not. And thats why some people feel that he got away with murder...because he escalated an otherwise benign situation that resulted in the death of an unarmed man.

And while I would not have found Zmmerman guilty if I had been sitting on the jury in his trial...there just wasn't enough evidence to convict him. That doesn't mean that I think that George Zimmerman was not responsible for ******* Martin's death.

EDIT: I can't help but ask why Travon's name is blanked out like an expletive when you spell it correctly...that seems a bit racist don't you think?
Old 11-20-2013, 01:00 PM   #34
kalimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
Some have mentioned that Zimmerman did the same thing with his soon to be ex-wife but nothing came of it. No one mentioned that the reason that nothing became of it was that his wife did not press charges...but it appears he wont be so lucky this time.

So one could say that Zimmerman is establishing a pattern here. What is the pattern? He won't hesitate to pull a gun during a heated discussion...whether it's necessary or not. And thats why some people feel that he got away with murder...because he escalated an otherwise benign situation that resulted in the death of an unarmed man.

And while I would not have found Zmmerman guilty if I had been sitting on the jury in his trial...there just wasn't enough evidence to convict him. That doesn't mean that I think that George Zimmerman was not responsible for ******* Martin's death.

EDIT: I can't help but ask why Travon's name is blanked out like an expletive when you spell it correctly...that seems a bit racist don't you think?
Actually I mentioned his soon-to-be ex-wife didn't press charges. More accurately, there were no charges on either of them because there was no evidence. It's not that there was no desire to press charges, it's that there was no evidence. That's mentioned in the article I linked IIRC. You say "trend" as others... but can you also acknowledge how easy it would be to accuse him of something after that media circus? Again, I'm not saying he did or did not do anything. It's just that I don't assume he did... innocent until proven guilty. If there is evidence on this recent accusation, then he deserves every bit of punishment he gets. But I wouldn't want anyone to assume something of me because of a previous altercation that I already went to trial for and was declared innocent of... wouldn't you want the same?

As for the rest of your post, I have a feeling that to address that will get the thread lock or ban hammer. Who escalated and to what degree will probably never be known. It's apparent that in most peoples' opinion, Zimmerman escalated something by approaching Martin. To what degree... I don't know. It's also known there was a physical confrontation of some sort. It's said that was escalated by Martin. To what degree... I don't know. I wasn't there. You weren't there. Nor was anybody else making any of the assumptions.

Obviously Zimmerman was responsible for Martin's death. I don't think anybody disputes that. The motivation is where the speculation lays whether you're on "Martin's side" or "Zimmerman's side". I choose neither.

And why is it "racist" that his name is blanked? Would you be happier if "Zimmerman" was blanked as well? I thought it odd, but "racist"? I think you might be reaching a little bit on that one TBH.

Old 11-20-2013, 07:55 PM   #35
Envy
Bully Proof

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimus View Post
People ARE too quick to judge. Play devil's advocate...
Quote:
The motivation is where the speculation lays whether you're on "Martin's side" or "Zimmerman's side". I choose neither.
You seem to be the only devil's advocate here since you are willing to argue the point but are committed to neither side.

Quote:
And why is it "racist" that his name is blanked? Would you be happier if "Zimmerman" was blanked as well? I thought it odd, but "racist"? I think you might be reaching a little bit on that one TBH.
No I would not be happier if Zimmerman's name was blanked out. You may call it reaching...but I only know of one word in the English language that's unusable on the internet (i.e. it's asterisked out) other than obscenities...nor have I ever heard of a particular person's name being designated as a dirty word.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:59 PM   #36
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
WGAF? Domestic disputes happen everyday in this country with little or no comment.

What a joke with everything going on in our country today that any news outlet or internet forum or anyone would give this pile any time or care.

I'm mad at myself for wasting my life on commenting here.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:56 PM   #37
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan01 View Post
Besides, she was wearing a black hoodie, so pointing a gun at her is cool right? I mean that is the established precedent right?
No, it's not. There was no established precedent that allows anyone to point a gun at somebody. Zimmerman did not draw any weapon against Martin due to his fashion choice. That's just silly.

Both Zimmerman and Martin made multiple mistakes that led to Martin being shot. The key to the case was not 'stand your ground' as many people think, either. The key to the case was self defense.

Try to understand the case before you make such outlandish posts
Old 11-20-2013, 10:39 PM   #38
SSmoothie

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6SP Blk/Blk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
Some have mentioned that Zimmerman did the same thing with his soon to be ex-wife but nothing came of it.
Because there was no evidence. Her lawyer told her to drop the charges.

Quote:
No one mentioned that the reason that nothing became of it was that his wife did not press charges...but it appears he wont be so lucky this time.
No conviction yet.

Quote:
So one could say that Zimmerman is establishing a pattern here. What is the pattern?
What pattern? He didn't pull out his gun on Martin until he started punching him on the ground and bashing his head in to the concrete then shot him while he was on his back.

No evidence to show that he pulled a gun on his wife or girl friend.

Quote:
He won't hesitate to pull a gun during a heated discussion...whether it's necessary or not.
Has not been proven.

Quote:
And thats why some people feel that he got away with murder...because he escalated an otherwise benign situation that resulted in the death of an unarmed man.
It was shown in court that Martin waited for him. I don't think most people would be on there back with someone punching on them and say the other guy was unarmed.

Quote:
And while I would not have found Zmmerman guilty if I had been sitting on the jury in his trial...there just wasn't enough evidence to convict him.
No conviction because of stand your ground law for self defense.

Quote:
That doesn't mean that I think that George Zimmerman was not responsible for ******* Martin's death.
I think it does.

Quote:
No.

[/QUOTE]

XXXX
Old 11-20-2013, 11:34 PM   #39
Envy
Bully Proof

I always love a good blow by blow...lol
Old 11-21-2013, 07:02 AM   #40
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Zimmerman is just a guy who has bad judgment and took the wrong action. Which is getting out of his car after the police dispatcher told him to not follow him. Why he felt the need to follow and confront Martin, I have no clue. What did he think was going to happen? What did he think he was going to accomplish?

and he had an incident in 2005, where he had to take anger management courses, after attacking an undercover cop who was trying to arrest his friend...
Old 11-21-2013, 07:25 AM   #41
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Zimmerman is just a guy who has bad judgment and took the wrong action. Which is getting out of his car after the police dispatcher told him to not follow him. Why he felt the need to follow and confront Martin, I have no clue. What did he think was going to happen? What did he think he was going to accomplish?

and he had an incident in 2005, where he had to take anger managements courses, after attacking an undercover cop who was trying to arrest his friend...
Did you even read the transcript of the 911 call? If you did then you would know Zimmerman was already out of the car following him and the dispatcher never ordered him not to follow him but when he asked Zimmereman if he was following him he just said "we don't need you to do that"...then Zimmerman responded "OK".. Does that sound like Zimmereman was still in his car or he was ordered not to follow him? Also does it sound like he may have stopped following him after he was asked not to?
If you are going to make comments get your facts straight...
Old 11-21-2013, 08:34 AM   #42
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Did you even read the transcript of the 911 call? If you did then you would know Zimmerman was already out of the car following him and the dispatcher never ordered him not to follow him but when he asked Zimmereman if he was following him he just said "we don't need you to do that"...then Zimmerman responded "OK".. Does that sound like Zimmereman was still in his car or he was ordered not to follow him? Also does it sound like he may have stopped following him after he was asked not to?
If you are going to make comments get your facts straight...
No, I did not read the transcript. I listened to the actual phone call. He called when in the truck. after seeing martin run, Zimmerman got out of his truck. that is when the dispatcher told him they didn't need him to follow martin. So zimmerman should have still been right next to his truck. The altercation wasn't next to his truck, it was between some houses. So no, I do not believe Zimmerman stopped looking for martin, after the police call...

Last edited by PoorMansCamaro; 11-21-2013 at 08:45 AM.
PoorMansCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote