Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 01-14-2010, 09:01 PM   #1
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic SS
Bumblebeecamaro gets supercharged by a Maggie TVS 2300 (plenty of pics inside)

I finally bit the bullet and I supercharged my Bumblebee L99. the installation went pretty easy seeing since this was our first S/C install. the guys who did the install were very good and they were also very precise. they've done all my exhaust work on all my past cars and I had no doubt(s) they were competent enough to install my TVS 2300.

I also want to thank Ted from Jannetty Racing. Ted was very helpful in giving us some very badly needed advice over the phone at multiple times. this is saying a lot considering Ted hasn't made a single dime from me yet. I plan on buying my L/T headers from him soon but nothing so as of yet. so once again, big thanks goes out to Ted and his business.

okay, now for some pics...... first pic shows my Bumblebee prepped for surgery. I don't mess around when it comes to making sure my toy is protected from accidental scratches and whatnot.

three pictures below show the TVS 2300 getting ready for its new home. I took several pics so you can see the front and rear shots of this beauty.

this shot shows the very well laid out install kit. Magna has this kit very well thought out. they literally give you everything you need for the install. of course it does come in very handy dealing with a shop like the guys who did this install because they have almost every single possible tool known to man. however, this was not necessary in my case.

next up is a shot of the heat exchanger for the S/C's liquid cooler. they call this an intercooler but that's not the way I see it. it's more like a radiator than an intercooler. the kit includes the radiator, a pretty serious Bosch pump and of course the fluid container. again, everything is very well laid out and designed extremely well.

stock intake being removed.

old versus new. side by side comparison.

prepping the area making sure everything was surgically clean. these guys didn't take any shortcuts!

attaching the throttle body along with the necessary fuel system hardware.

going in! this was an intense moment. lol

and last but not least, the finished product. I think the car looks just as sweet under the hood as it does outside.

* a few notes/comments:

1) I'm very impressed at how nice this S/C kit really is. Magna didn't take any shortcuts with this system. all the parts in the kit are of top quality. I couldn't be more please with my purchase.

2) the TVS 2300 is almost dead silent when the hood is closed. talk about being stealth. I actually think you can hear the S/C more inside the car than you can outside.

3) the unit's torque output on my L99's engine is crazy. step on the pedal 1/3 to half throttle and the car wants to leap out of the hole. needless to say it's five times more fun at WOT. the funny part is this car hasn't been dynoed yet which of course is where all the fine tuning is to be made. we ran in to some HP Tuner software issues that we hope to have resolved in the next week or so.

I plan on doing the Roto Fab CAI system along with a set of long tube ARH's which should really wake this beast up even more. I hope you guys and gals have enjoyed my TVS 2300 experience. I highly recommend this system for anyone who's thinking about supercharging their SS. you won't regret it.

*EDIT*

I decided to have some supercharged stickers made. what do you guys think? yeah or neah?

Last edited by bumblebeecamaro; 01-15-2010 at 06:31 PM.
bumblebeecamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:35 PM   #2
Camaro21

Drives: SOLD - 2013 M6 ZL1
Very nice pics. Thanks for sharing and congrats. I am saving my pennies to get mine done. What made you choose the Maggie over the ProCharger?
Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:37 PM   #3
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro21 View Post
Very nice pics. Thanks for sharing and congrats. I am saving my pennies to get mine done. What made you choose the Maggie over the ProCharger?
mainly because of the typical noise that comes from almost all front mount superchargers. I would think the typical whining sound would get on my nerves. Plus I like the stock look and the Maggie is as close to stock looking as possible.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:39 PM   #4
Camaro21

Drives: SOLD - 2013 M6 ZL1
They do look NICE. Congrats
Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:46 PM   #5
old motorhead

Drives: Maggie blown LS3 vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro21 View Post
See if you can get a ride in both. That will answer your question. Revisit #3 in bumblebee's notes/comments. That's the deal sealer. That much extra power at part throttle in an rpm range that's actually usable on the street is all good. It's a no brainer to me. Centri's are great power adders.....just not quite as good on the street.
old motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:55 PM   #6
carfansince73

Drives: Carefully
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebeecamaro View Post

I also want to thank Ted from Jannetty Racing. Ted was very helpful in giving us some very badly needed advice over the phone at multiple times.
Great post!!

What advice did you need over and above the directions from Magnacharger?
2010 1SS RS, LS3, SIM/Black, painted rally stripes, AAC sidemarkers, Sunroof, B.A. sound sys; 20x9.5 & 20x11 SV1-C5's; MGW short shifter; Hotchkis Track Pack; Corsa catback; Kooks 1 7/8"; ADM Street; Magnacharger TVS2300 - 548rwhp/512rwtq
1100- 2/18/09; 3800- 6/15/09 VIN#18308; Delivered 6/29/09!!!!!

2014 CTS-V Sedan, Black/Black, Auto, Recaros, Ultra-view, Red Brembos. Stock
carfansince73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:25 PM   #7
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfansince73 View Post
Great post!!

What advice did you need over and above the directions from Magnacharger?
just a few install questions that weren't so clear in Maggie's instructions. for example, I don't think they mentioned any specific methods on how to keep the engine from spinning when were tightening down the crank bolt. I simply called Ted's shop, talked to one of his install guys (who was very helpful) and everything was smooth sailing afterwords.

as for Ted? well, he answered numerous tuning questions that can only come from someone who is as seasoned as Ted is. they do this stuff every day which means they know their stuff. I would have taken my car to them if it weren't for the simple fact that they're way up north in CT and I'm as far south as FL. I could have made a week long road trip out of it but not this time of year. there'd be no way in hell I would ever drive my car in the snow.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:27 PM   #8
DarthNacho08
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 1999 camaro
Send a message via AIM to DarthNacho08
thats beautiful, how much did it end up running you??
DarthNacho08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:01 PM   #9
Will@Apf

Drives: corvette
Looks great..
Will@Apf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:10 PM   #10
JorgeSS
Mayhem SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99 SW/IOM
HOW MUCH FOR THE KIT??????

La Muerte Z71 - Stock 5.3 Tuned by File