Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 12-29-2023, 08:38 AM   #1
pcguy2u

Drives: 2009 Corvette ZR1
New after market gen5 stereo - like the digital octopus - camera settings?

Does anyone know anything about the camera settings on these units that would prevent both the OEM and the aftermarket camera from displaying a signal.

Tried a Digital Octopus version of this and sent it back bc of lousy support. The OEM camera adapter should work as should the aftermarket camera that came with the unit, but neither displays anything and a "no signal" appears on the screen.

Have checked continuity and polarity of the cables/adapters and all appears correct. That leads me to question the settings for which there is no documentation. The mfg support folks totally resist answering any questions about the settings.

A couple of pics below...

Has anyone had any experience here or how did your camera work?
Attached Images

Old 12-29-2023, 05:23 PM   #2
NZZL1

Drives: 2013 BRM ZL1 Camaro M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcguy2u View Post
Does anyone know anything about the camera settings on these units that would prevent both the OEM and the aftermarket camera from displaying a signal.

Has anyone had any experience here or how did your camera work?
Installation of a DOTS-1015 in my 2013 ZL1 with MyLink has plug and play camera support out of the box.

In the following video, the rear camera connector and MyLink adapter is shown at 3:45. The rear camera automatically switches with reverse gear selected, and video is shown the large main display (in a window or full screen as selected)

The DOTS-1015 also has additional video input connectors and an installed app for additional cameras (the app is in the Apps menu). I also connected a front mount camera to the connectors shown at 4:05. The front camera is not automatically switched and requires running the app, but I am OK with that as I only use it when I want to park very close to a wall or kerb.

It appears that the DO1015 R1 Slim might have different connectors, and it seems that the intention is to display the video on the interior mirror (as in non-MyLink cars). I can't find any details on-line of the connectors, and I am uncertain of your Camaro year or being MyLink. I hope my input doesn't confuse this discussion further.
NZZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2023, 07:31 AM   #3
pcguy2u

Drives: 2009 Corvette ZR1
The video seems like one I saw when I was chatting with Max at Digital Octopus.
You could be on to something with the mirror thing, but mine is a 2014 with mylink.

Then while testing yesterday, I put the OEM setup back in to check that the OEM camera still functions. Surprisingly, another issue that I never thought was related (park assist sensors not working), seemed to disappear. Will need to retest and verify.

All these units are produced by the same company in China and the resellers all claim to put their own features on them...

The Slim model is beautiful and produces great sound from the OEM amp/speakers.

More questions than answers...

Thanks for the video, Nick
Old 01-01-2024, 04:07 PM   #4
NZZL1

Drives: 2013 BRM ZL1 Camaro M6
Does the DO1015 R1 Slim have the MyLink adapter shown at 3:45 and 12:23 in the DOTS-1015 video?
NZZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote