Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 02-03-2013, 10:05 PM   #631
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
BOOOOOOM, just like I predicted right here, Ravens would be Super Bowl Champions, I know LEO jumped on board did you??? 5 Figure day!!!!! Mo Mods, Mo Mods & the C7 that much closer!!!

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ

Last edited by Kronix; 02-05-2013 at 10:38 PM.
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:12 PM   #632
Tribute

Drives: 2012 SLP ZL770 #17 (Hugger Orange)
Glad to hear you are not getting rid of your Camaro. We are still needing to cruise in the future. I have one last trick up my sleeves and then I'm done, no more modding. I'm starting a modders anonymous club and you are the first member!
Old 02-03-2013, 10:21 PM   #633
Missionboi
SoCal HT5 [COTW: 8/12/13]

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE RS
Haha i knew the were gunna win! im stoked!
Missionboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:09 AM   #634
rccamaro

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/1LE
Awesome win for you John! I was pulling for the niners but didn't bet.
rccamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:11 AM   #635
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
You seriously won 6 figures betting on the super bowl?
Old 02-04-2013, 02:47 AM   #636
Kronix

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenS_84 View Post
Very interesting.
The story, Differential...? If there's anything I can help you out with just let me know Steve, that's what I'm here for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolomonAKOO View Post
WOW thats awesome J!! Im glad that all that time and effort that has been put into SSYNSTR has finally paid off big time! And i know it will only get better from here on out! Especially with the heart and enthusiasm you put into your car! once again congratulations and keep up the work, i cant wait to see how far you can take this Camaro!

Thanks Solo, it was kind of like the light at the end of the tunnel, when all this came together and I was picked by Skip to be the test car, I've always supported the companies that have been real good to me, espcially since I've been very selective on what parts I've put in it. The one thing obviously I never did was rush through things, each mod was carefully selected with performance, quality & durability in mind. I really think the HammerHead is going to take the C5 world by storm, because as I said, the rear diff, is the weakest link to these cars, and as you get up there in horsepower, the greater chance you have of needing a new one, because the stock one isn't made to handle the increase in power. I'll be reporting all about my experience with the new HammerHead IRS, the install process, how it bolts up to the stock axles & driveshaft, and when the time comes the ease of installing the DSS drive shaft & axles, a Skip mentioned,, "You can swap them out in your driveway with a floorjack, that's how everything works together" So yeah, I'm stoked about this piece, since it's a groundbreaking product, that focuses on something we all may need at one time or another, and that my car was picked to do it and CMS to be the WC Dealer for them. Everything fell into place with this and it's giving me a behind the scenes look into the IRS, what makes them work and the opportunity to feature the ride in a magazine with a substantial article.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeko View Post
Glad to hear you are not getting rid of your Camaro. We are still needing to cruise in the future. I have one last trick up my sleeves and then I'm done, no more modding. I'm starting a modders anonymous club and you are the first member!

I'm glad I saved everyone the drama of putting the car up for sale After i looked at the numbers and what I've done to it, knowing it's one of a kind and there's a strong chance I'll take anything that pulls up next to me. It's really fallen into place, as I always intended to get sponsors to help out with cost and be given the opportunity to test stuff, so I'm pretty excited cause it's like a dream come true! I don't know if I'd classify this as a mod though, cause the differential is bad, and I' certainly not going to replace it with stock garbage. And that's the whole point of the test is to prove you don't have to get the blown package with DSS Driveshaft & axles all at once, and by just using the HammerHead IRS, you'll dramatically improve the performance & safety! Plus I'll get to go to events, races & shows, and know it's something special

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missionboi View Post
Haha i knew the were gunna win! im stoked!

Next time use the Force, and roll with your gut...It does payoff!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccamaro View Post
Awesome win for you John! I was pulling for the niners but didn't bet.
Thanks RC, the monies going right to the C7 fund!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
You seriously won 6 figures betting on the super bowl?
Paul, here I thought you'd be more interested in the HammerHead rear! But as I've been saying for the past month I just had a feeling about the Ravens,, and when the general public came in hard over the weekend on the Whiners, I knew I had the right side. Doing this for 25 years has certainly paid off, don't get me wrong I've had my fair share of losing days, maybe even a week, but never month,season or year....And my Super Bowl record dating back to 1990 is 21-2 against the spread....I take my sports investing very seriously spending 20-30 hours a week studying every angle out there and using very possible resource. When the regular season ended I placed wagers on certain teams that I thought would get to the big dance, Ravens being one of them and at 30-1 odds it was hard to resist, since seeing them start to gel and really play well. Every week I just rolled profit over and went with my gut & feeling that the Ravens had a higher power working with them. So I kind of went off today, every which way, hit in NHL, NCAABB, NBA & the SB....It was close to a record for me....

But I don't want to turn this into a gambling thread, cause there's a lot of exciting things coming in the next 2 weeks , so stay tuned!

Old 02-04-2013, 03:07 AM   #637
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
LOL Nah I like that too don't get me wrong, but that's nothing to 6 figures LOL
WOW John, that's just awesome! Congrats!

I am looking forward to seeing what else you do. I am living vicariously through you guys lately. At least until I can afford to get back into the mod game.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:10 AM   #638
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
Hey man if you're gonna keep winning like that and keep modding with the winnings , your Kronix will be a legand camaro fifth gen with the coolest looks and most powerfull engine ever built in a year
Old 02-04-2013, 10:04 AM   #639
kickasswelch69
Future Underwater Welder

Drives: 1991 Mazda B2200
HELLL yeah! Ive been looking at that hammerhead and driveshaft for a while now! Shall be added to my mod list!!! and tell me J, how do u invest in sports? ive been wanting to do that!!!

Last edited by kickasswelch69; 02-04-2013 at 10:15 AM.
kickasswelch69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:17 PM   #640
Kronix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
LOL Nah I like that too don't get me wrong, but that's nothing to 6 figures LOL
WOW John, that's just awesome! Congrats!

I am looking forward to seeing what else you do. I am living vicariously through you guys lately. At least until I can afford to get back into the mod game.
I really need to pay more attention to my math skills & my thread. And not post while under the influence, I don't know what the hell I was smoking and I don't drink, must've been the winning rush.
It was a 5 figure day on Sunday, still a record, but I was just reading this and saw you write 6 figures, and I'm counting zeros and jeez if it was 6 figures, I'd be at the Lambo store....Sorry for any confusion Paul, my stupidity has been corrected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre777 View Post
Hey man if you're gonna keep winning like that and keep modding with the winnings , your Kronix will be a legand camaro fifth gen with the coolest looks and most powerfull engine ever built in a year
P, it did help with the mods, but at this point I really don't want to sink any more money into the car. Now I think what I meant to say was I have 6 figures in this damn thing. My problem is that I've kept every receipt for everything I've ever spent on it, and in my boredom I add it up, then stop when I get that queasy feeling in my stomach. Between the ZLX & my Tahoe, now I know where the hell my money goes. The Tahoe goes to Antidote Performance tomorrow for some toys It'll be right next to Leo's car. I'm working on your PM bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickasswelch69 View Post
HELLL yeah! Ive been looking at that hammerhead and driveshaft for a while now! Shall be added to my mod list!!! and tell me J, how do u invest in sports? ive been wanting to do that!!!
Just keep it mind Kickass that with speed comes consequences, and you always want to do it right the first time and not wait for something to break. Investing in sports=Gambling Stick with saving your money for you kickass car, that's the best advice I can give you. I've seen people ruined by it and I've been fortunate, but also had my share of lumps.

Old 02-08-2013, 02:32 AM   #641
Kronix

Just saved myself $5000, Ryne of Cunningham Motorsports found the cause of the rear end issues, although having 800 HP at the crank means beefing up some parts, so instead of going the original route, we're going with the Eaton Detroit Truetrac 32 Spline Differential. Ordered from Summit Racing, the part is in route from Reno, NV and will be at CMS by Monday morning & pounding the streets by Tuesday. Whew, great job CMS!!

Old 02-08-2013, 03:03 AM   #642
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
woooow man that looks like it came out of a transformer bot
Old 02-08-2013, 09:13 AM   #643
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Tahoe?

JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:45 AM   #644
Baylor16

Drives: 06' 350z 6M, Future: 13' VR 1le 6M
Hey Kronix, finally caught up on your thread. What a car! I love the Camaro and yours takes the cake for sure. But I completely understand getting the vette, I love both cars but I would have a vette over a camaro if I could. Although I am hoping to get a 1le in the near future, but school come first of course. Iv read about 5 build threads already and yours is by far the best, not just in the bada$$ camaro but also just the way you conducted your post. keep it up! I look forward to continue reading your updates.

Also, my condolences about Tim, you will be in my prayers.
Baylor16 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
car of the week, cunningham motorsports, magnuson supercharger, pedders, zlx