Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-03-2014, 05:33 PM   #29
MYDLIFECRISIS

Drives: '12SS/2SS/45TH-'06 2500HD/Silverado
WTF!

MYDLIFECRISIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:43 PM   #30
ratfinkharley

Drives: 15 JKU, 00 S10, 73 Vette, 12 JK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
The Lamborghini is mostly in the wrong.
How do you figure? The driver may have been speeding, but did slow down when he approached the guy in the street. The car at that point posed no threat from the guy.

And while I don't condone speeding, it was a wide open rode. It is not as if it was a rural road dotted with homes and pedestrians.

RotoFab CAI - VMaxx Ported TB - Apex Catch Can - CFD Shifter - Choppers Inc Loaded Dice Shift Knob
ratfinkharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:52 PM   #31
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratfinkharley View Post
How do you figure? The driver may have been speeding, but did slow down when he approached the guy in the street. The car at that point posed no threat from the guy.

And while I don't condone speeding, it was a wide open rode. It is not as if it was a rural road dotted with homes and pedestrians.
It was a pretty populated road.

And I don't care if he slowed down when approaching that guy. He was speeding way to fast and was asked multiple times to stop and the cops were called multiple times. You can't logically say that the Lamborghini didn't get what he deserved.

If you can buy a Lamborghini, but can't afford to just go to a track, then your priorities are obviously not in the right order.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:04 PM   #32
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
most people don't know the back story, or don't care. just from the video alone, the guy in the car didn't deserve getting a rock thrown at his car. the guy has no right to destroy someone else's property. They are definitely both in the wrong, but people speed all the time, and you don't see people throwing rocks at everyone. lol
Old 06-03-2014, 07:58 PM   #33
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
He was speeding way to fast and was asked multiple times to stop and the cops were called multiple times. You can't logically say that the Lamborghini didn't get what he deserved.

If you can buy a Lamborghini, but can't afford to just go to a track, then your priorities are obviously not in the right order.
What? So if "your priorities are out of order" that gives people the right to destroy your personal property? I agree the guy was probably being an ass, endangering the public, but that doesn't give anyone the right to act as judge, jury and executioner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
most people don't know the back story, or don't care. just from the video alone, the guy in the car didn't deserve getting a rock thrown at his car. the guy has no right to destroy someone else's property. They are definitely both in the wrong, but people speed all the time, and you don't see people throwing rocks at everyone. lol
Absolutely agree. Throwing rocks at someone's personal property is an invitation to a beating.

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:06 PM   #34
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank in MD View Post
What? So if "your priorities are out of order" that gives people the right to destroy your personal property? I agree the guy was probably being an ass, endangering the public, but that doesn't give anyone the right to act as judge, jury and executioner.

Absolutely agree. Throwing rocks at someone's personal property is an invitation to a beating.
Where's the god-damn like button.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:47 PM   #35
14pilot
Original Bumblebee Owner

Drives: 265hp ZX-14, 500hp Silverado, V-ROD
Two dicks collide. A hole street racing and a hole pitching rocks. They deserve each other. Now that's some funny stuff.
#5 - 2010 2SS/RS MN6 ABM #142-Silver Rallys-GFX / Med Titanium
My previous Camaros:
#4 - 1994 Z/28 6M Black over Arctic White / Graphite-Red Inserts - traded
#3 - 1981 Z/28 Bright Blue Metallic / Black - sold
#2 - 1970.5 RS Mulsanne Blue / Blue - endo crashed it and parted it out
#1 - 1967 RS Butternut Yellow w/ Black Bumblebee Stripe-RPO D91 / Parchment-Black - sold
14pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:03 PM   #36
PHXLT1

Drives: black Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14pilot View Post
Two dicks collide. A hole street racing and a hole pitching rocks. They deserve each other. Now that's some funny stuff.
I like your logic. Straight and to the point.
2015 Silverado (mine!)
54 Belair (wife's)
2004 silverado (daughters)
PHXLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:06 PM   #37
PHXLT1

Drives: black Z28
Quote:
Right.

The only problem with your theory is both thread titles were nearly identical. Other than that, spot on.
Thank you. I take pride in getting my assumptions %100 correct.
2015 Silverado (mine!)
54 Belair (wife's)
2004 silverado (daughters)
PHXLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:42 PM   #38
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
The same guys saying it's cool to throw rocks at this guy's car probably would cry on here when their Camaros got keyed. Does anyone else see the problem with that? It is never okay to break someone's stuff.

Also, the Internet tough guys saying they'd shoot the guy who threw a rock are laughable. That's called murder. No, it isn't self-defense. That rock hitting any body panel on your car is property damage that has a 0% chance of endangering your life. Your windows are shatter-resistant due to federal regulations, so it's not going through those either. If someone throws a rock at your car and you shoot them, you are more wrong than they are. It is not okay to resort to violence to solve any civilian matter if you can avoid it. Being a responsible gun owner requires you to know the difference between an annoyance and a life-threatening situation, and this guy being an idiot is not life-threatening in the least.

Is the Aventador driver a bad driver? I'd say he probably could obey more street laws. The same could be said about a lot of us. A "good" driver, according to people high on the soapbox, never exceeds the speed limit. "Good" implies talent. A "good" baseball player hits and throws like a boss, which incidentally has very little to do with following rules. But I digress.

In any case, I'd like to get away from the violence and hostility. As a car site, I don't see where threats of violence and hostility really fit in.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 10:20 PM   #39
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:

I never once said that it gives people the right to destroy your property. I said that if you choose to race up and down the streets of a highly populated area, after being asked to stop multiple times, instead of taking it to the track, then you'd be stupid to expect not to piss someone off.

Maybe throwing a rock wasn't the best choice, but I don't pity the Lamborghini driver because he definitely got what was coming to him.

If you "can't judge the driver" then you certainly can't judge the rock thrower.
Old 06-04-2014, 01:41 AM   #40
Ray_Cam_SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
That rock hitting your car is property damage that has a 0% chance of endangering your life. Your windows are shatter-resistant due to federal regulations, so it's not going through those either.
Mr. The Blur Moderator Sir,

What if the window was down and the rock hit his head? That guy throwing the rock has a powerful arm. A rock to the side temple of your head is life threatening with a high probability of coma, or even Death!

Comments?

Last edited by Ray_Cam_SS; 06-04-2014 at 04:10 AM.
Ray_Cam_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:55 AM   #41
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
I'm not scurrd... People that sue over throwing a rock is (just part of) what is making this world a ridiculous place to live in. Everyone is stupidly sue happy these days, apparently lots of people in florida that are afraid of flying rocks... Or people that are afraid on competition calling you on your BS... Everyone wants to get rich, but no one wants to work for it...

Come on guys? Drive like a dick and get caught by another dick, that was at least kind enough not to call the cops on you, but threw a rock at your car? Now you want to sue him? F off, you drive like a dick you deserve to get a rock thrown at you. Better than being hauled to jail, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Cam_SS View Post
Mr. The Blur Moderato Sir,

What if the window was down and the rock hit his head? That guy throwing the rock has a powerful arm. A rock to the side temple of your head is life threatening with a high probability of coma, or even Death!

Comments?
Shame on him for having his window down... Driving like a dick doesn't give you a free pass to do whatever you want and get away with it.

No different than a warranty claim, you gotta pay to play. $#17 happens. Don't be stupid.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 04:13 AM   #42
Ray_Cam_SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Jason@JacFab: Are you saying the dude throwing the Rock is justified?
Ray_Cam_SS is offline   Reply With Quote