Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 06-18-2013, 03:28 PM   #1
Jspetree

Drives: 2011 ls camaro.
Outdoor Car Cover

Im about to leave for college and im not too happy about leaving my car unattended for long periods of time, so i figured a car cover would help. What do you guys recommend? I really like the looks of the GM one, but the pricetag is a little big- but i am fine with that as long as it is good quality. Anyone have any reviews on some good ones? Thanks guys!

2011 Camaro ls, American Racing Phantom 20" wheels, Oracle color shift halos, black rally stripes and gill stripes, painted front and rear bowties
Jspetree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:51 PM   #2
kmthor00

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
Never owned/needed an outdoor one but have the GM indoor, great quality, fits like a glove but is pricey!
kmthor00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:11 PM   #3
Camarobert

Drives: 2013 Camaro RS
On the look out for the same thing...leaving car in my side yard in the south Florida sun for about 4 weeks. I checked out ebay and found one for $50. I'm not spending alot of money on one since this it will only get used once a year. Also, don't forget tire covers. Again, found some on ebay for $32 for a set of 4. I would love to get a factory cover as they are real nice but pricey for me right now. Good luck!
Old 06-18-2013, 09:26 PM   #4
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Covercraft. Perfect fit and good quality. Used them for years.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:18 AM   #5
United_727
Parts Guru Extraordinair.

Drives: '02 SS 'Vert M6
I have a Storm Weave from California Car Cover It works wayyyy better than the GM one . The GM one looks better and fits better,but it does not keep the car as dry .** I will sell my GM one CHEAP!!! if anyone is interested.**

Last edited by United_727; 06-19-2013 at 11:25 AM.
United_727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:36 AM   #6
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspetree View Post
Im about to leave for college and im not too happy about leaving my car unattended for long periods of time, so i figured a car cover would help. What do you guys recommend? I really like the looks of the GM one, but the pricetag is a little big- but i am fine with that as long as it is good quality. Anyone have any reviews on some good ones? Thanks guys!
They are all good if you are paying more than 40-50$ for it really.

One tip,

You have to WASH your car before you put the cover on, or else you are scratching your paint with the dirt on the car.

Also, if the inside of the cover gets dirty, you have to wash it too.

The only time I ever recommend car covers is for your situation, clean car that will sit for at least 5 days without driving.

If its any less, you are doing more harm than good with the cover.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:36 AM   #7
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Quote:

One tip,

You have to WASH your car before you put the cover on, or else you are scratching your paint with the dirt on the car.

The only time I ever recommend car covers is for your situation, clean car that will sit for at least 5 days without driving.

Old 06-19-2013, 09:36 AM   #8
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Quote:

One tip,

Old 06-19-2013, 09:54 AM   #9
Carolina_SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS, 1978 Camaro
I have the Noah series car cover from cover craft I believe. Awesome cover. Great fit but you get what you pay for, it was pretty pricey
Carolina_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:57 AM   #10
JJ#48Racing

Drives: 1998 Camaro SS
Take a look at California Car Cover. I have an outdoor and an indoor from them and they are great.

http://www.calcarcover.com/covermain
JJ#48Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:08 AM   #11
nitrorcr1787

Drives: 2012 2SS
I bought a couple of the cheap ones, and they never kept the car dry, pain in the ass to put on, and a windy day find it in the neighbors yard. Invested in a Covercraft, and it is fantastic. Easy to put on, and fits GREAT.