Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-01-2013, 11:11 AM   #1
Wollmank

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE AGM
Possessed SS

Hello all. Just thought I'd share a little story. I bought a my first Camaro 2012 2LT Triple/Black January 2012. Loved the car, really never had a problem, except i had that dash leather piece replaced at least 4 times, had a Volant CAI and some flowmaster American thunder. Nice combo. Drove over 25k miles on it in a years time. It was time for some tires. So I was on my way to get some new treads when I passed a Chevy dealership. Was thinking... Hey I have 1k for some tires lets see if I can get a new car....well, I did. I put down the 1k I had and was now the proud owner of a brand new 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible, Rally Yellow. All the options, my dream car! (Well besides the yellow, really didn't want yellow but kinda didn't have a choice) Was happier than a fat boy with cake!! Of course I was at dealership right until closing, around 9 at night got there around 3. It was a Friday. Not to bad. Soooooooo.
It was late as I said, so of course they didn't have time to wash the car,( I mean it was DIRTY, was sitting for a year I guess) told me to bring it back tomorrow. On the way home, I drive about 1/4 mile to get on the highway. Once I hit around 65 the car starts to shake. I look down at the steering wheel and when going in a straight line the SS emblem on bottom is like 1 1/2 inches from center on the left. I look at the tire pressure via the dash, and I see 22 - 29 - 40 - 38
So I said crap how can they give me a car without checking the tires.. Any way I drive down to the gas station and go to fill it and noticed the SS I guess have nitrogen. So I put her in the garage till the morning. Next morning headed to dealership pulling it out of the garage, I noticed there was oil on the ground. Shit. So off to the dealership. I get there tell them I just bought the car, they need to wash it and look at the few problems. 8 hours later. They come get me, I was outside waiting the entire time. They knew this. They throw me my keys with a smile and said ok, your all done. Everything is fixed. I open the door and there is water spots all over, so they said sorry I didn't see that, they went to wash it again, an hour later, now service is closed.. They give me back my car. Woohoo. It's clean... Oh wait, nooooo. there is a big dent on the side, and scratches all on the bumper.
Of course that guy said there is nothing he can do, we're kinda closed no one is here and I have to bring it back on Monday because they are closed Sundays.
I was upset I said ok, I'll take off work again to get this takin care of. On way home, I look at the tire pressure and,,,, yep, the same incorrect pressure, but the steering wheel is now allllmost straight. Tires still bouncing. Brought her home put her right back in the garage. Monday comes. Took off work. Went right to dealership. Waited for 2 hours, after them finally saying we have to give you a rental car we need a few days to make sure this car is 100% before we give it back to you. I said ok, 3 hours later I get my rental. Finally I am called 3 days later to come get my car. Went to car dealership right after work, of course service is closed but dealership is still open, first thing I did was look to see if the scratches were fixed.. Nope not a one is fixed. I asked why, they said they have to send it to a different place for paint, they don't paint. Gave me a phone number to call. Went to check tires, nope.. All still the same all different tire pressures, I asked why they didn't check the tires, they said the did,they are within Chevys ranges of 5 so there is no need to fix. I asked if he can understand basic math, showed him the pressure he said, oh, I don't know, I'll have to ask them tomorrow. I'm just in shock and want to drive my car! I take the car back. Wooohoooo I get to drive me car home again 10 miles while tires are shaking, no fun. Put it back in the garage. Nexxxxt morning I drive back to dealership, It was now a Friday, I get another rental..Tuesday comes, yippie I get to get my car back. Woohoo everything is great. Yeah. I drove it no shaking, steering wheel straight, no dents. Rained every day until that next Friday!! Yes, I get to put the top down. I'm going on a 500 mile drive to the west coast!! Woohoo. Driving with the top down, nice beautiful day. I see another camaro, that has a tonneau cover. I said that's nice. Hey wait, my sticker says I get a tonneau cover. Oh let me look in the manual to see if its ok to keep top down without tonneau cover. Look in glove box.. Ahhh man. No manual. Top goes up.
Drove weekend without top down cause I'm not hurting my baby.
Monday comes, Ahhh man my dash is coming undone. Call dealership. Ordered me a tonneau cover, ordered manual. Finally get tonneau cover, finally get manual. Yeah I'm happy. I'm getting the hell away from this dealership.
Had car for a week, beautiful week, top down all week tonneau cover on. Added a sport bar, woo hooo. Looks great. (Sport bar arrived damaged, had to replace)
Call a different dealership, ordered me a dash leather part. Goto dealership to get part, wrong part was ordered. Put top up, ohhhh crap,why are all these white rub marks all over my nice brand new rag top. Bring it right back to original dealership. Oh that is regular wear and tear, there are holes yet.
Screw you, went right to other dealership. They said the same thing, yeah there is no tear mark yet, when it rips come back. I was like waaaaaaaa??? It's not black no more it's almost white, there are white few inch all over the top!!
Yeah new correct leather part in, go back to dealership, 20 minutes later a guy in a suit sits me in his office. I'm sorry one of our techs crashed your car, it's only the right side, we will have is as good as new as soon as we can, here is a rental.....my mind is now blown...
Does anyone really drive a camaro, or is it everytime I see one. Is it driving to the dealership?
Attached Images

Wollmank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:16 AM   #2
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
should've kept the 2lt..
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:19 AM   #3
Wollmank

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SLVRBULIT View Post
should've kept the 2lt..
Really wish I did.
Attached Images

Old 08-01-2013, 02:03 PM   #4
Freyguy08

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS RS
Unreal

Comin' in hot!
Freyguy08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:24 PM   #5
freedomintheskies

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2
... Had a Mustang like that once. Got rid of it after it tried to kill me when the cruise control stayed on when I hit the brakes! Dealer said that the cruise was not supposed to shut off when the brake was replaced. REALLY? REALLY? Bye Bye Mustang!!!!!
Old 08-01-2013, 03:36 PM   #6
Diode Dynamics

Drives: Camaro Lighting Experts
Wow, you need to report that dealer...I'd be furious if I had to go back that many times!

-Nick C.
Diode Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:03 PM   #7
Wollmank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
Lol, you can totally drive without the cover. Haha
Even at highway speeds? I look in my rear view and the top is flapping furiously on the sides. I would think it's not to good for the fabric.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:16 PM   #8
Wollmank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan23 View Post
And get some locks on those wheels!!
Yeah, I know, it's always garage kept. But yes, in time. One would think spending 40k+ for a car It would include $40 wheel locks.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:34 PM   #9
mr_honez
Wifey Lover

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wollmank View Post
Yeah, I know, it's always garage kept. But yes, in time. One would think spending 40k+ for a car It would include $40 wheel locks.
My '13 RS has them from the factory, with the key in the manual bag. Sorry to hear about all your troubles though.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:14 PM   #10
mr_honez
Wifey Lover

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
You mean your 13 LT. Just saying.
My LT is an RS. It says so on both ends of the car. Just saying.

Semantics will get you nowhere.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:46 AM   #11
serows1

Drives: Blue Ray 2SS
Sorry about your luck. I'd find another dealer and quick, sounds like they are causing more problems than they are worth.

Paul
serows1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:48 PM   #12
Sugarfree135

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Wow I got the same feeling reading this as I got watching meet the parents :-/ you have some extraordinarily bad luck man :-(
Sugarfree135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:37 PM   #13
canecorso69
run ur car not ur mouth

Drives: 2013 1LE
That car is cursed man.
canecorso69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:10 PM   #14
heymatt

Drives: 2012 IBM 2SS Vert.
Wow! Where are you taking your car to? Roger Dean? Schumaker? Suburban? Let me know, I gotta stay away from whomever is wrecking, I mean working on your car!