Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 04-24-2015, 04:52 PM   #1
Chrisco22

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro LS
Trifecta Tune LLT Help

Hey all, haven't tuned my car in awhile and never had a problem doing it ever. All of a sudden I'm having a problem and wondering if anyone can help. Getting an answer directly from trifecta may take awhile so hoping a fellow member can help.

I was looking to reload tune *engine light on which happens now and then with the headers.. never anything serious*

Followed same steps as always connecting it to computer, to obd port, to car.. blah blah

when you click the engine on the ez flash software, it prompts you to open the tune file. I can easily find the file, but when i try and locate it through the finder for the software, it is unable to be found.. Did they change the file type? i have changed the location of the file 2x and still cannot be located...

Help please!!

2011 Camaro LS: [Rally Yellow] [22" Status Rims] [BBK Long Tube Headers w/ High Flow Cats] [Trifecta Tune] [K&N CAI] [Blacked out Bow Ties and Tail Lights] [15% Tint] [MAC Mufflers] [Rear Cat Delete] [Vmax Black Ice]
Chrisco22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 05:00 PM   #2
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Go to the directory where the file is located and in the filename box type "*.*" and hit enter, should show all the files. They probably have a filter that will only show one type.
Old 04-24-2015, 05:05 PM   #3
Chrisco22

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro LS
They do, they have a filter for trifecta files *and its unable to be changed*. I'm not a computer expert by any means, but there is no drop down menu to find "any files".. Does this mean they reformatted the files and i have an old file of the tune?

2011 Camaro LS: [Rally Yellow] [22" Status Rims] [BBK Long Tube Headers w/ High Flow Cats] [Trifecta Tune] [K&N CAI] [Blacked out Bow Ties and Tail Lights] [15% Tint] [MAC Mufflers] [Rear Cat Delete] [Vmax Black Ice]
Chrisco22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 09:12 PM   #4
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
No clue then, haven't used Trifecta tunes in a very long time since Vince was terrible. Sent him datalogs and he kept saying the tunes were good, I had 13 degrees of knock everywhere when I finally used the CruzeReader program to see the logs he had me record.
Old 04-25-2015, 08:21 AM   #5
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
Contact Jerry Kenny at Bad News Racing. That's where I got my Trifecta tune from and he worked closely with Vince. I always had great response with him. I'd explain the situation and maybe he can walk you through.
I no longer have my LLT so I can't help beyond this post. Good luck!

http://store.badnewsracing.net/message.asp?msg=53
Old 04-25-2015, 11:49 AM   #6
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
I'm Sorry I can't tell you anything. I took all of the Trifecta Software off my car, And to be honest it runs better. I had the Chevy dealer reflash the computer, They also installed the newest software for the car. I don't have headers so That would be the only thing it would be good for. (BTW the Dealer said they could not find any indication that there was any flash done on my car except from the factory)

I still have the program and Cable.
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 11:52 AM   #7
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
The V6 does not have or keep a run on the flash or reflash if you will. That was always a plus to the V6 over the V8. If you did a tune on the V8 it was logged and the dealer could see it, where as with the V6 a tune like Trifecta would not be discoverable.