Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-12-2010, 06:36 PM   #85
Coldpants
Nerdy one

Drives: #000000 & #FF8000 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadp View Post
lol I didn't plan on doing that, but I'll make sure that it doesn't happen.
Too many people do. In my younger days I myself used to be a prick.
Coldpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:40 PM   #86
chadp

Drives: Silver Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldpants View Post
Too many people do. In my younger days I myself used to be a prick.
That can also have unintentional things happen as well. My sister had a cart hit her new car (which she had just received less than a week before) while she was shopping at some store. It wasn't a Camaro or anything special, but she just happened to have that kind of bad luck. Someone just let the cart go, and her car just managed to be in the wrong place.
chadp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:46 PM   #87
Coldpants
Nerdy one

Yeah crap happens, but that's nothing to worry about. I've heard that in some jobs people go places where people shoot at them. And sometimes there not even trying to deliver pizza in Detroit.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:51 PM   #88
chadp

Yea. Other than that story, my family hasn't had any problems with it, even when my parents had their BMW. Maybe something every few months, but never any major problem.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:29 PM   #89
chadp

How are costs to maintain the car? Are they about the same as any normal car, or are they a bit higher since it is more of a performance car?
Old 04-14-2010, 01:07 AM   #90
Coldpants
Nerdy one

I think you said you were getting a six so your costs will be in range of others. Even the eight is not bad, you could avoid the 92 octane and be fine.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:24 AM   #91
Tal

Drives: Old
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadp View Post
How are costs to maintain the car? Are they about the same as any normal car, or are they a bit higher since it is more of a performance car?
Overall costs aren't bad though, it will cost more to maintain than an econocar but so would an SUV. Synthetic oil per the specs so oil changes cost a bit more, but the added miles per oil change offset this to a degree unless you change it early. Tires will be a bit more than your average econocar, especially if you get the RS with 20's.
Tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 03:22 AM   #92
phenixdragon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I'm confused, when did rear-wheel drive cars have less storage? I just traded in my 05 TL for a Camaro and I think the Camaro has more space then the TL. Just the opening is smaller because of how the truck is hinged on. The hinges don't go into the truck which means when you close it, the hinges won't get in the way of things inside. But it means the opening is smaller. My TL sucked butt on trunk space. Even the RSX I traded in for the TL had more space then my TL did.

But buy a car that you want and are going to be happy with. But if you want more space and the Camaro isn't enough for your needs, then get a Camaro and a cheap truck, or just a nice truck and no Camaro.

I'm assuming you are worried about space because of moving around in the military. Depending on things, the military will pay for moving expenses and if you are at West Point I'm assuming you will be an officer, which you won't need to worry about moving costs or money since you can make bank.
phenixdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:15 AM   #93
chadp

I didn't mean that just because it was rear-wheel drive that it had less storage. They were two seperate things I was just looking at, that's all. Sorry to confuse you....

I think I'll get that cheap truck....if I do need it. Otherwise, I could use the help from various friends if it is truly necessary. I never really remember having to bring THAT much stuff while me moved because 99% of the stuff was shipped or trucked. We would just have bags and suitcases, which are not super difficult to fit in a car.

I'm not planning on getting the RS, so that should somewhat help with the tire costs....
And even though I'll be an officer, I've always been very careful about how I spend my money. It also helps because I've also always had an eye on cars like the Camaro, and other cars that can get pricey sometimes....
Old 04-16-2010, 06:35 PM   #94
chadp

Where are the best road trips to go on? Seeing this huge Camaro5Fest has got me thinking about possible trips I could do, but I was wondering what some of you would say based on your own experiences.......
Old 04-16-2010, 06:42 PM   #95
Coldpants
Nerdy one

Going through the mountains upstate in the Adirondacks on back roads is fun.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:47 PM   #96
Lbness

Drives: 2010 ss M6 Aqua Blue
Send a message via AIM to Lbness
I have a different take on this all toether
I would buy a 02 Camaro it is like an SUV but way cooler
The ls1 is a great motor and for moving about and a great road car they are hard to beat
Our C 5's are a different cat altogether
Make your girls happy too
http://www.lisafreede.com/http://www...s/thumbsup.gif
Lbness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 06:51 PM   #97
Coldpants
Nerdy one

How is a 02 Camaro like and SUV?
Old 04-16-2010, 06:52 PM   #98
chadp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbness View Post
I have a different take on this all toether
I would buy a 02 Camaro it is like an SUV but way cooler
The ls1 is a great motor and for moving about and a great road car they are hard to beat
Our C 5's are a different cat altogether
Understandable...but I just never really caught on to the older models. The new camaro being that different compared to the others is probably why I like it more.