Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 05-08-2010, 03:13 PM   #29
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSARMY View Post
Too much texts.

Hyundai's are still crappy girly cars.

If anyone bought a genesis get off these forums.
why don't you get off this forum
you don't even know what your talkin about
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 07:56 PM   #30
2SSARMY
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderbuddy View Post
why don't you get off this forum
you don't even know what your talkin about
Capital letters and punctuation are your friends.

Anyhow, anyone with a genesis please exit the forums.
2SSARMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 12:13 AM   #31
ToFast

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderbuddy View Post
i have to disagree with this statment
i've had a hyundai xg350 and it was a great car
100.000 miles/10year warnenty
i only had it in the shop once for major repair
about six months into owning the car the air conditioner quit
took it to hyundai, they gave me a loner (tiberion) till they could fix mine
i returned to pick up th car they had the intire ac system out of the car and sitting on the shop floor, i asked what the, they informed me they were boxing up the hold system to send back to the main company. they wanted to find out what caused the system to malfuction. after that we had the car for five years with no problems, the new camaro came out and even though we did not want to sell the hyundia, the sales guy gave us such a great deal we jumped at the camaro.

i driven the genenis and the coupe both are great cars not as fun as the camaro but oh my god they are so sweet. and still you get the best that hyundia has to offer which is still more then chevy or ford has got

i also had a 2001 chevy impala 3.8l that just stayed in the shop first the abs went out and they fixed it
then the ac quit they said i messed with it i told them hell no i haven't done anything to it, they still fixed it
then the bom quit, now that was a weard experance
after a month of telling them i was having problems with the dash just going off while driving down the road, and then i had to prove that they fixed it
then to top if off at about 80000miles the intake (made of plastic) started to suck water into the #1 cylinder, this was a known problem for these engines they told me car was out of warnenty and that i would be charged to fix it

unload piece of junk chevy bought the hyundai
no problems after the ac on the hyundai

now we do regret not keeping the hyundai but like i said the dealer gave us such a great deal we jumped at it
so the only reason we got the camaro was the fact it was sweet car
got loads of power and 100000 mile warenty
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post

I'm tired of the titles cars are given based on unimportant measures, like origin. If two cars compete in the same category, then we should call them the same thing. They have similar power, similar sizes, and similar prices. These are both pony cars. There is no good reason that a new product from a new point of origin cannot belong in a traditionally domestic category. It might not have that classic look, but the Genesis also isn't a classic car. It has to build its reputation. In the meantime, we should be consistent.

Moreover, focusing on a car's origin is borderline discriminatory. By calling a domestic vehicle "muscle" and an import "rice," we create a discriminatory environment in how we evaluate the manufacturers and drivers of these vehicles.

Before I continue, I should point out that we should discriminate based on quality and performance when purchasing a vehicle. I would even argue that place of origin is very important in making a buying decision. After all, we should first prioritize domestics simply because those companies give the most back to our community and economy.

This, however, does not mean that we should call all Asian cars "rice" simply because they are Asian. If a car is "riced out," I think we can mostly agree on a definition: a vehicle, usually in a compact car segment, featuring cosmetic, functionless components that generally hinder rather than help the appearance of the vehicle. In this proposed definition, I have identified that the car is usually but not always small, like a Civic, and features cosmetic enhancements that serve no purpose, like large spoilers on FWD platforms, and further that the vehicle's cosmetic changes may hinder its appearance, like strange body kits.

In conclusion, we don't have to like the Genesis. Personally, I respect Hyundai's effort in making a performance vehicle, but I don't like it. It's just ugly. In fact, it's designers should find another profession. The performance is respectable, and as such we should respect the fact that we have another competitor in our midst. If it competes with a Camaro, Challenger, and Mustang, then it must be in the same class as these vehicles. We call that class the pony cars.

ToFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 01:14 AM   #32
lil_chef
Banned

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Capital letters and punctuation are your friends.

Anyhow, anyone with a genesis please exit the forums.
but according to motortrend the genesis kicks your camaro's ass
lil_chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 03:36 AM   #33
2SSARMY
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_chef View Post
Funny how my SS kicks both your little GT and a Genesis's ass
2SSARMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 03:52 AM   #34
Tal

Drives: Old
Quote:
He's got an SS so no. The Genesis is a respectable little car and mocking it is just silly, Hyundai was in position to steal the sports coupe show and win a lot of comparisons with it's bargain price and Ford's outdated powertrains to make it look good last year. Instead the Camaro stole the show launching right after, with it's killer styling to contrast with Hyundai's blah and some tough performance matchups Hyundai . In the low 20's the Camaro killed the Genesis 4 in performance, the one thing Hyundai had was edge in the high 20's but adding any upscale trim or options could quickly get into the SS's price range. Even now it seems like the Genesis Coupe should be fairly competitive for those that most enjoy the twisties or road courses.
Tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 04:06 AM   #35
AlSuwaidi

Drives: BLACK LS3 GCC-Spec
comparison thread = instant flame war!
AlSuwaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 05:20 AM   #36
trudawg660

Drives: 2006 Dodge Charger / 2SS IOM
i heard the genesis respones VERY well to F/I. even SS people will have to worry if they get put up again one that has a turbo on it (A stock SS of course)
trudawg660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 05:38 AM   #37
Impact

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6
Why does this bother any of you? The Genesis is ugly as sin and I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole. I've never even seen one in person other then at a dealership. Are people even buying these? They may be faster then my Camaro but at least the Mustang V6 is spanking their asses on the street. At least American Muscle is showing them what's up. Besides the Genesis V6 costs as much as a 412 hp Mustang GT and a 426 Camaro SS. Shouldn't Car and Driver, Motor Trend all be comparing the base Genesis with it's puny 4 cylinder against the V6 Mustang and V6 Camaro? Does price not matter anymore? I still find it sad that their top the the line Genesis that costs as much as a Mustang GT gets destroyed by a cheaper base model Mustang V6 and yeah it may outpace my Camaro but my Camaro didn't cost nearly as much as that piece of crap did.
Impact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 07:05 AM   #38
nachocheese

Drives: 1LT RS, SIM
Quote:
This coming from the guy who bought a 2010 GT when you could have waited and got the mighty 5.0. LOL

Last edited by nachocheese; 05-09-2010 at 08:27 AM.
nachocheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 11:58 AM   #39
lil_chef
Banned

has nobody seen the "another reason to hate motortrend" thread?

every one of the writers rated the camaro underneath the genesis, and about half rated the SS underneath the V6 stang. glad people know how to pick up jokes.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:00 PM   #40
lil_chef
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachocheese View Post
This coming from the guy who bought a 2010 GT when you could have waited and got the mighty 5.0. LOL
i bought the GT because i was in the V6 market very much like you. the GT just so happened to be the same price as a 2LT so i took the plunge and got a much better performing car.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:02 PM   #41
lil_chef
Banned

Quote:
Funny how my SS kicks both your little GT and a Genesis's ass
in what respect? unfortunately for the camaro in my world turns do come into play.

i really got to learn how to quote multiple times in 1 post........................
Old 05-09-2010, 12:47 PM   #42
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
your 2ss warrenty 100,000 miles 5yr
hyundai's warrenty 100,000 miles 10yr
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote