Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 07-08-2010, 10:30 AM   #1
Heliwrench

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS
Adams is going to destroy my life.

Ever since I received my porter cable and polishes I have become obsessed with removing swirls. In everything.

I spent like 9 hours after work yesterday till early early this morning polishing my black SS. I can still feel my arms vibrating Looked great... get it out in the sun today and I start noticing a few I missed.... must resist urge to remove everything and start over...

But god damn does it look good!

Black... i love you and hate you so much.
Suspension: BMR Trailing Arms and Bushings, FE6 Swaybar Conversion With Pedders 27mm Front and 32mm Rear ZL1 Swaybars and Links
Chassis: Hotchkis Chassis Max Brace, BMR Pro Cradle Bushings
Exterior:: Shine by Adam's.
...and plenty more
Heliwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:35 AM   #2
PonyKiller74

Drives: 2012 Triple Black ZL1 M6
Send a message via AIM to PonyKiller74 Send a message via Yahoo to PonyKiller74
I've owned 2 black vehicles and nothing looks better than a freshly polished balck vehicle... but depending where you live, you can't keep it clean for more than 10 minutes unless you are obsessed like some. I want black but just can't put myself through that. I rather spend my time driving it than washing it every day
CenterForce DYAD Dual Disc Clutch, JDP stage 2 Clutch Reservoir, Rotofab CF CAI with Big Gulp and WW Reservoir Relocate, Stainess Works LT Headers and Retro Cat-Back with Cat Delete, MGW ST Shifter with custom Knob, CF Tail light Bezels, more to come...
Build Thread for my Z is in the works.....
PonyKiller74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:35 AM   #3
tlnewell0426

Drives: 1SS ABM
Black looks SSo SSexy but I don't have time for a second job right now
tlnewell0426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:41 AM   #4
Heliwrench

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlnewell0426 View Post
Black looks SSo SSexy but I don't have time for a second job right now
I've only ever owned black vehicles so I knew what I was getting into...

I think I have some poorboys black hole glaze kicking around somewhere... I might try that under a coat of adams wax. I know I know, remove the swirls don't fill them, but it's a daily driver... I will never not have swirls. Gotta let this machine super wax finish curing, maybe saturday...

The funny part is that I'm probably the only person who looks at the car and notices these things
Suspension: BMR Trailing Arms and Bushings, FE6 Swaybar Conversion With Pedders 27mm Front and 32mm Rear ZL1 Swaybars and Links
Chassis: Hotchkis Chassis Max Brace, BMR Pro Cradle Bushings
Exterior:: Shine by Adam's.
...and plenty more
Heliwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:27 AM   #5
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Thats usually the way it goes... my paint can be a little neglected and someone will say how great it looks. When I say "eh... its looked better, I've been slacking off" they look at me like I'm nuts.

When it comes to detailing, generally you're your worst critic. You know where all the bad spots are, the chips, scratches, nics, etc.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:43 AM   #6
liquidfire350

Drives: 2010 Black SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliwrench View Post

The funny part is that I'm probably the only person who looks at the car and notices these things
your not

mines not daily driven so i dont wash it all the time, but when i do its easily an 8 hour job. i dont have a buffer either so everything is done by hand.

then when i take it out and people say how nice it looks, like an idiot i point out every imperfection or place i didnt do so well on or even the spots where i didnt get all the leftover wax out of the grooves.
2001 Pontaic Grand Prix GTP
2006 Suzuki GSXR-1000
2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNN
Tifa's breasts were unavailible for comment.
liquidfire350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:24 PM   #7
rd-camaro

Drives: 2010 2LT Blk IOM stripes IO leather
dude what are you talking about? adams already destryoed my life! hahaha but in a good way of course!
rd-camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:29 PM   #8
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
I need to polish my Black 07 Impala SS, the Camaro's own the garage so the Impala stays outside
Old 07-08-2010, 12:33 PM   #9
rd-camaro

Drives: 2010 2LT Blk IOM stripes IO leather
^and thats the way it should be!
rd-camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:53 PM   #10
Camaro2LTRSMMissouri

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS Sunroof
Black vehicles that are clean look great.
Camaro2LTRSMMissouri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:54 PM   #11
svrds10

Drives: 2SS/RS M6 Wht/Slvr ext Wht/Gry int
I had to explain to the mortgage company that I would be late with my payment this month because I had to buy a bunch of the new Super VRT at Adams and while I was at it I added on about 50 other items as I got a killer deal.. LOL

J/K :P

'10 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS - Summit White W/ Silver Stripes
'
09 Dodge Challenger R/T - Hemi Orange
svrds10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:55 PM   #12
Mr CLuTcH
Always On Kill!

Drives: S.I.M. SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
Thats usually the way it goes... my paint can be a little neglected and someone will say how great it looks. When I say "eh... its looked better, I've been slacking off" they look at me like I'm nuts.

When it comes to detailing, generally you're your worst critic. You know where all the bad spots are, the chips, scratches, nics, etc.
Dude, exactly!! Like I get all of these compliments on how beautiful my car is on a rainy day while parked at the gas station. They're like "hey buddy YOUR CAR IS BEAUTIFUL, it is spotless"! I'm thinking to myself,..."what-the-hell is he smoking there's 3 swirls on my hood I have to get out when I get home!"

The thing is, it's all about perception. What's immaculately clean to someone else is "dirty" to us, and what's immaculately clean to us, is "you just got it from the factory" to them. As Junkman would say,..."they don't have the vision to see within the Matrix". lol. That's why when I get a swirl or scratch, I don't sweat it, because I know they can't see it.
*K&N typhoon CAI
*Aggressive cam.
*Tune
**Result**: 465rwhp/ 447rwtq. Satisfied.
Mr CLuTcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:51 AM   #13
CARiD

Drives: Camaro 2010 SS/RS
Personally I bought the Car Wash Shampoo and bucket and mitt because I wasn't happy with Zaino. I couldn't believe how amazing the soap makes the car look, so I just made my second order and bought the porter cable set up along with a bunch of other stuff and another gallon of soap.

This stuff is the leader IMO. My order will arrive tomorrow I may have to call out sick to use the new products.
CARiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:32 AM   #14
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Dude...I know exactly what you mean...but where's the pictures?!?!?!

I had a black 02 SS and I LOVED polishing it. I had it looking like glass...it was awesome.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote