Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-15-2009, 05:28 PM   #57
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmicro_SS View Post
Pop my Ass.....SIM shows all the body lines and looks the meanest. I leave colors for chick's lipstick and fingernails. Otherwise a machine is a MACHINE and should be METAL COLOR.....not some fruity shade of Red. And the Black one, you cannot even tell what car it is unless in extreme sunlight, and it hides all the body lines and everything else, except dirt and swirl marks.

You asked for the Color War! :fighting0040:

Just bustin' Balls by the way. But Silver is King!
What he said!
Old 06-15-2009, 05:32 PM   #58
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
That is an untouched, unaltered picture of my car taken last night at about 2:00am at a truck stop along the 401.
Nice shot.. Did the front gfx fall off? Sorry, I had to ask And yes I know it was done on purpose like that, you know I'm just messin with ya. I really do like the taillights though and removing the chrome. Looks sharp..
Old 06-15-2009, 06:23 PM   #59
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
Can someone help me find the largest version of this poster.. I want to edit it in photoshop by making the color IOM and adding flames around the top of it..

Sorry, that would be copyright infringement. Besides SILVER WINS IN THE EYES OF THE CREATOR.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:38 PM   #60
Matrix

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS & Magnum R/T
what????? r u kidding? SIM is the coolest colour. It shows the lines best and gives it a FUTURISTIC look that I like.

go sim!
Old 06-15-2009, 06:41 PM   #61
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Here is the definitive order.......no arguing please, I am right and you all know it!

1 - SILVER ICE METALLIC - Classy, shows the lines, allows the owner to use the largest variety of ACCENT colors, hides the dirt, Looks like a MACHINE should look, like metal (NOT A FREAKIN' M&M)

2 - Cyber Gray Metallic - Because it is just a dark version of the Silver

3 - Aqua Blue Metallic - Stands out and says, I am Badass even though I am a color
4 - Red Jewel Tintcoat - Because it says, I am refined and as close to Candy Apple as you are going to get
5 - Inferno Orange Metallic - Because it has a cool Metallic Finish, even though in most light it looks too close to the Red and doesn't allow any of the detail to really show
6 - Victory Red - Because a lot of people like it, even though it looks like lipstick and hides most of the body lines with it's overpowering use of natural pigment
7 - Rally Yellow - Because it was the star of a major motion picture, even though it blends into a sea of Taxi Cabs and School Buses
8 - Imperial Blue Metallic - Because it couldn't decide wether to be the Aqua Blue or Black, so it landed in the middle. You cannot tell it is even Blue unless the sun is out in full force
9 - BLACK - Because it is the MOST POPULAR COLOR, looks the best when it is Clean (for a few hours anyway), and then when I put my SIM next to it in a year, the black car will look twice as old with all the scratches and swirls and pollen that shows. This is a true sato masochist's color of choice. Someone who needs to be reminded of how imperfect life can be. And it looks like a challenger or Mustang once it gets dark, who can tell.

It's all in good fun people, the main thing is not to get excited!
Old 06-15-2009, 07:16 PM   #62
StuMac

Drives: 2010 CMG 2SS
For the same reason you paint all the walls of a house you want to sell beige. It's not about finding the colour that will appeal to the greatest number of buyers, it's a neutral colour so you can more easily imagine your favourite colour in it's place. And if your favourite colour happens to be silver, so much the better.

Cyber gray!
StuMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:27 PM   #63
DCJ

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nards444 View Post
I dont understand why GM chose the Silver to be the poster child for the car. I mean it doesnt stand out or pop at all. The only reason i could think is that its neutral. I know the silver ice guys will be up in arms, but its not the most catching color. Black or red you would think would catch peoples eyes better or even yellow.

It just pops in person Something about it just stood out. Although I do like Cyber Grey as well.

Don
Old 06-15-2009, 07:29 PM   #64
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmicro_SS View Post
Pop my Ass.....SIM shows all the body lines and looks the meanest. I leave colors for chick's lipstick and fingernails. Otherwise a machine is a MACHINE and should be METAL COLOR.....not some fruity shade of Red. And the Black one, you cannot even tell what car it is unless in extreme sunlight, and it hides all the body lines and everything else, except dirt and swirl marks.

You asked for the Color War! :fighting0040:

Just bustin' Balls by the way. But Silver is King!

LOL I have to side with you 100%. Silver is 'modern' and 'clean'. We live in an age of technology, and metal colors would signify that best.

Stainless Steel appliances are highly popular (I have them myself) and Silver is the best color to show off what the car looks like. Others hide details (especially black).
3000 = Accepted By Production Control:03/31/2009 (or shortly before)
3100 = Sequenced: ????
3300 = Scheduled For Production: 04/18/2009
3400 = Broadcast: 04/28/2009
3800 = Produced: 05/05/09 VIN#7607
4150 = Invoiced: 05/15/09 (dealer received)
4200 = Shipped: 05/05/09 (according to the dealer)
5000 = Delivered To Dealer: 05/26/09
6000 = Delivered To Customer: 05/26/09
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:14 PM   #65
hb-rocks

Drives: Chevy
When I was a kid.....
Every model I ever built....I painted Silver!

hb-rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:24 PM   #66
DarricSS

Drives: '10 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Yeah, whatever.........

Now that POPS...

"I see lines and designs all around me"

Old 06-15-2009, 08:25 PM   #67
DarricSS

Drives: '10 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCJ View Post
It just pops in person Something about it just stood out. Although I do like Cyber Grey as well.

Don
Schwing!
Old 06-15-2009, 08:26 PM   #68
diddiyo

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
lol i tried to, errr, "borrow" that cardboard from the local movie theater on saturday. too bad there were security people outside the building that made me return it or they would've called the cops.
diddiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:28 PM   #69
Gibb

Drives: 1967 rs/ss 396 4speed
All car companies pick colors for a reason. Certain colors look better on some models than others. SIM apparently looks best on the Camaro according to the experts. SIM is also the most popular car color
Gibb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:29 PM   #70
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
GM is using silver because it showcases the cars lines and style the best.

Personally.............
SIM is WAY up top on my list. CGM almost ties...followed closely by RJM, and IOM (If you haven't seen this color in person...you don't understand).

I would rate Aqua blue up there, too--but it's TOO 'aqua'...I'd prefer a closer match to Jetstream blue.

Everything else is towards the bottom, imo with Black finishing up the list at '0'.
Why in the world would anyone want to hide all the beautiful body lines that the designers and engineers spent countless hours refining?!! (j.k. of course...black is badass in its own way)