Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 02-16-2009, 11:46 AM   #15
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
Don't worry, Give Obama some time, as long as you teach what they tell you, he'll get more school funding. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
That's what I'm afraid of. ACORN already got their 2 Billion for helping him win the election..

As for the car industry, there are dark times ahead and people that work for GM will be able to do little about the eventual nationalism of the auto industry since the alternative if they can't meet the new Government CAFE standards would be that GM would have to scrap the Camaro rear wheel drive platform altogether and the overall final price of a new corvette's would be priced higher than it is now..The dealers would be taken over by the Government and perhaps be regulated or handled in a CarMax like fashion. I'm sure dealerships will love that..No more markups because the price would be fixed. Some people would like that however the Government would make the smaller more fuel efficient vehicles the affordable ones while the muscle cars would become extinct.. We shall see what happens, I for one hope I am wrong about this and somehow capitalism continues to be the ideology American auto industry follows..But my hopes are dimming the more and more bailouts with pre-conditions keep getting handed out..
Old 02-16-2009, 12:01 PM   #16
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
The success of this committee (like every other committee) will depend on the ratio of vocal smart people to vocal idiots. These people are the ones who will sway the quiet members and the yes-men.
It's how our canon of scripture was decided. Didn't turn out too bad. Just hope there are more of the former. (Vocal Smart)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Yes . . . but are you paranoid enough?
Well at least I'll get my 5th Gen in January before it all hits the fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
That's what I'm afraid of. ACORN already got their 2 Billion for helping him win the election..

As for the car industry, there are dark times ahead and people that work for GM will be able to do little about the eventual nationalism of the auto industry since the alternative if they can't meet the new Government CAFE standards would be that GM would have to scrap the Camaro rear wheel drive platform altogether and the overall final price of a new corvette's would be priced higher than it is now..The dealers would be taken over by the Government and perhaps be regulated or handled in a CarMax like fashion. I'm sure dealerships will love that..No more markups because the price would be fixed. Some people would like that however the Government would make the smaller more fuel efficient vehicles the affordable ones while the muscle cars would become extinct.. We shall see what happens, I for one hope I am wrong about this and somehow capitalism continues to be the ideology American auto industry follows..But my hopes are dimming the more and more bailouts with pre-conditions keep getting handed out..
We'll just have to get ours before the "Change"
Old 02-16-2009, 12:30 PM   #17
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
The US can't nationalize the auto industry. It's too big and would seriously hurt its ability to compete. Obama prioritizes the auto industry, and he isn't as stupid as the people we're used to having run our country. That being said, he isn't an automotive expert, and that is why constituent feedback is important. We need to be harassing the White House with comments until we get what we want on the agenda.

It's a democracy. Act like you live in one or someday you won't.

Are you guys calling the White House (202 456 1111)? Do it again now!
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:36 PM   #18
PQ
Booooosted.

Blur is a true American. Got the number on hand and encouraging his fellow Americans to get involved.

I just hope I don't call the number and hear "Never gonna give you up" "Never gonna let you down"
Old 02-16-2009, 12:42 PM   #19
Georgie

Drives: Camaro... soon
Georgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:57 PM   #20
PQ
Booooosted.

Meant as a joke but ????????????????????????
Old 02-16-2009, 01:14 PM   #21
Supermans

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
The US can't nationalize the auto industry. It's too big and would seriously hurt its ability to compete. Obama prioritizes the auto industry, and he isn't as stupid as the people we're used to having run our country. That being said, he isn't an automotive expert, and that is why constituent feedback is important. We need to be harassing the White House with comments until we get what we want on the agenda.

It's a democracy. Act like you live in one or someday you won't.

Are you guys calling the White House (202 456 1111)? Do it again now!
Obama isn't as stupid as who now? He urged the Congress to pass the stimulus package on Friday when nobody could even read the thing that quickly and then he goes on a vacation and will sign it on Tuesday?? I know the mainstream media will never report this but at least people like me spread the truth of what is happening on these forums and Blur is correct in that we all need to be more active and call our government, even if it seems it does absolutely nothing most of the time..
Old 02-16-2009, 01:55 PM   #22
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Well done Georgie. I can laugh now as long as I ignore the probability that will eventually be true.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 09:59 PM   #23
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Please end the politics. Auto panel discussion only.

Old 02-16-2009, 10:20 PM   #24
Supermans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Please end the politics. Auto panel discussion only.

How can anybody talk about the auto panel without commenting on the politics behind it and what lies ahead?
Old 02-16-2009, 10:24 PM   #25
nester7929
Rice Harvester

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
How can anybody talk about the auto panel without commenting on the politics behind it and what lies ahead?
Agreed.

Dragon, if you feel this will get too heated, feel free to shut it down; however, I don't think we can really talk about this without bringing politics into it.
nester7929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:26 PM   #26
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Figure out a way.

Discuss the politics behind it, but don't slander either side...it's pointless and irritating to read/edit. And you can't discuss what lies ahead, because nobody knows and rumors/theories do nothing constructive in this subject area whatsoever. This idea of a nationalized auto Industry is a perfect example...

We have a strict policy about politics, you all know that.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:45 PM   #27
PQ
Booooosted.

Understood but the topic to discuss is 'Obama to create auto industry panel'
Pros and cons are really allthere is to discuss.

But I digress. And just leave this one alone.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:51 PM   #28
Supermans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Figure out a way.

Discuss the politics behind it, but don't slander either side...it's pointless and irritating to read/edit. And you can't discuss what lies ahead, because nobody knows and rumors/theories do nothing constructive in this subject area whatsoever. This idea of a nationalized auto Industry is a perfect example...

We have a strict policy about politics, you all know that.
This is a forum and what is done the most is discussing what lies ahead. If we do not speculate what lies ahead as the result of this "auto industry panel" that Obama is creating, then there is no reason to discuss it at all. Most of us on this forum are civilized enough to be able to discuss politics and there is no way to discuss this subject without mentioning the force behind it. I for one would recommend creating an area in this forum where this topic can be moved to which would isolate political talk for those of us interested in debating. All of us in this forum would be able to offer quite unique points of view on this subject if given the chance. Especially being car enthusiasts of all ages. As you can tell I'm not all that fond of censorship or trying to silence any opinion since I lived in a country which did just that. I know this is a forum and you can run it how you choose to, however you know how I feel about these issues and they are important to me. I'm sure there are some who might complain to you that I have Jesus and prayer in my signature for Stephanie, as people complained about me having Mcain/Palin in there showing my support for the election.. I did remove that sig at your request however you know how I felt about it then and now. Just my two cents.