Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-19-2011, 12:56 AM   #15
Kurushio

Drives: 2011 CGM 1LT RS (M6)
Where did you order your exhaust from? I think this is probably top 1 or 2 of V6's ive heard and the other one also had BBK LTs.
Kurushio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:15 AM   #16
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
There is another video of the ARK N-II cat-back (this is the DTS) paried up with BBK LTs. It sounds noticeable different...not sure if its the camera picking up the different sounds or if it really is different, but the tone is different enough for me to think its not just the camera.

So I guess my point of the above is be careful which ARK system you go with if you (or whomever) likes this system.

Also, concerning you comment on the rasp, I still feel like the BBK + magnaflow combo also makes for a very throaty basically rasp free sound and is still one of my favorites. Not every LT + exhaust combo causes rasp....but usually you'll get at least a little and if your not carefull you'll get a lot. It definitely takes some research time
Your definitly right with that! I would love to do Longtube but it seems to add rasp when combined with the Solos. Dont remember if 6jack does though. Oh well im going to team it with DTs, i think that will set off the SOLOs
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:32 AM   #17
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke1lt View Post
KM is very correct, LOL. Smoke, I congratulate you on your setup, that sounds very good. Very refined sounding. Would you consider your set up loud? I almost pulled the trigger on their moving sale just to have 2 different exhausts to swap out from time to time. Sounds goofy I know but I'm weird that way I guess. I really dig ARK. Their quality is unmatched and they look and sound awesome. 4 1/2" tips rule. May I recommend you swap out your V6 diffuser for the SS diffuser? You prolly will not have issue with melting but the SS diffuser is much better proportioned to those big old tips.

ARK's along with Corsa's are really the only other catbacks that capture me besides the SOLO's which to me just sound badd** running through LT's. I had the opportunity to ride behind my car on Saturday as my friend drove it and it impressed me all over again.

Do you have HFC's or are you running sans cats? Again, awesome.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:13 AM   #18
JCO2185
RIDING ON AIR

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Summit White
sounds great!

--John--2010 Camaro 2LT/RS, Summit White
Air Ride Suspension, BBK Longtube Headers, Hi-Flo cats, Doug Thorley catback exhaust, Elite Catch-Can, Airraid CAI, Trifecta tune, ZL1 front end with Phantom grille, ZL1 side skirts, MRR228 graphite wheels
JCO2185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 02:52 PM   #19
HopeRidesAlone

Drives: 2010 Camaro Black 2SS/RS
UGH cant wait im getting some OBX LT in the near future to pair up with my DTS. Gotta love ARK exhaust

2010 Black 2SS/RS - Stainless powers 1 7/8 LT headers, cold air inductions cai, Tuned by dynosteve, Feesler side skirt, Feesler Spoiler, Feesler carbon fiber bowties, H&R Lowering Springs.
HopeRidesAlone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:21 PM   #20
smoke1lt

Drives: 2011 1lt/rs/sim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurushio View Post
Where did you order your exhaust from? I think this is probably top 1 or 2 of V6's ive heard and the other one also had BBK LTs.
Thank you...I ordered the ark dts from this site...they are a forum sponser...you have to watch for when they run a special...or maybe send them a pm...
smoke1lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:30 PM   #21
smoke1lt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
KM is very correct, LOL. Smoke, I congratulate you on your setup, that sounds very good. Very refined sounding. Would you consider your set up loud? I almost pulled the trigger on their moving sale just to have 2 different exhausts to swap out from time to time. Sounds goofy I know but I'm weird that way I guess. I really dig ARK. Their quality is unmatched and they look and sound awesome. 4 1/2" tips rule. May I recommend you swap out your V6 diffuser for the SS diffuser? You prolly will not have issue with melting but the SS diffuser is much better proportioned to those big old tips.

ARK's along with Corsa's are really the only other catbacks that capture me besides the SOLO's which to me just sound badd** running through LT's. I had the opportunity to ride behind my car on Saturday as my friend drove it and it impressed me all over again.

Do you have HFC's or are you running sans cats? Again, awesome.
Thank you...i dont think its to loud...normal driving it isnt to loud...but when you get it up over say 3000 rpms people are going to hear you coming....yes the 4 1/2 inch tips are a tight fit in the diffuser but i havnt had any problems so far...i have had the exhaust on for almost 6 months now...bbk headers and high flow cats just went on last week...
Old 10-19-2011, 09:24 PM   #22
Kurushio

Did you install them yourself or go to a shop and did you also get a tune with your LT's?
Old 10-19-2011, 09:42 PM   #23
Preditorian

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS
I know what I want for X-mas
Preditorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 01:42 AM   #24
Blacc Mamba
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Is it possible to get quad tips with these?
Old 10-20-2011, 06:51 AM   #25
Preditorian

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS
Odd, it is not listed on there website.
Preditorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 01:56 PM   #26
Kurushio

I think this is it. http://www.arkperformance.com/Produc...de=SM0403-0010
Old 10-20-2011, 02:38 PM   #27
HopeRidesAlone

Drives: 2010 Camaro Black 2SS/RS
Preditorian they are a sponser on the site pm them they get you hooked up just like they did for me
Just ordered OBX headers cant wait to pair them up with the ARK

2010 Black 2SS/RS - Stainless powers 1 7/8 LT headers, cold air inductions cai, Tuned by dynosteve, Feesler side skirt, Feesler Spoiler, Feesler carbon fiber bowties, H&R Lowering Springs.

Last edited by HopeRidesAlone; 10-20-2011 at 03:30 PM.
HopeRidesAlone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 08:01 AM   #28
smoke1lt

updated first post with a cold start vid...