Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 12-28-2011, 08:52 PM   #1
Asquarecan

Drives: 2011 2ss
HELP!!!! SCT Tune... De-Tune :(

So long story short folks, I should not be talking on the phone and dealer with working at the same time I am doing something I haven't done before!

I plugged my SCT tuner in for the first time and ACCIDENTALLY clicked "upload stock" then it ran 2 different things and then my cars pops up and says "LESS POWER" This is horrible. So I went to install the performance tune and I get a ERROR 1023 and it also says the strategic tune is not available.

Somebody please save the day!

Thanks
Keith
Asquarecan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 08:56 PM   #2
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
You need to call sct. Maybe some of our tuner here can help.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 04:06 AM   #3
AChrisS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS2 RS
What maodel sct tuner do you have?
AChrisS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:29 AM   #4
Southern Comfort
No Tags/Habitual Violator

Drives: 2012 SIM 2SS/RS & z71
I am not a tuner, but I have loaded a few custom tunes using the SCTx3

Upload stock tune copies the car's current tune to the handheld. This is the first step.
So far so good.

As for dowoading a tune from HH to car, the HH needs to have a custom tune or you will get that error. If you are doing email tunes, they must be added to the HH via USB cable using SCTUpdater software.

Now if none of this helps or if you still show any DIC warning mesages you should call SCT for advice.

SCT*Knowledgebase

*What does the Error: '1023 No Custom Tune' mean?
*1023: No Custom Tune: No custom tunes currently installed on the device. Solution: If you are going to be using Custom Tunes, you either need to load the custom tunes that were sent to you by your custom tuning dealer, or purchase custom tunes fr
Southern Comfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:52 AM   #5
Asquarecan

I have the SCTx3,

Southern Comfort that helps a lot, at least points me in the right direction, I am just curious why I have less power then before?

I ordered my Tuner from Ted, and selected the "bolt ons" tube that is available with it. Hmmm I will plug it in to the computer and see if updating it will help, I will email Ted as well today to see if there is just something extremely stupid I am missing.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:14 AM   #6
MudderFinger

Drives: 2011 IOM SS/RS
Did you load the custom tune onto the device that Ted emailed you?
MudderFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:52 AM   #7
Southern Comfort
No Tags/Habitual Violator

Drives: 2012 SIM 2SS/RS & z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asquarecan View Post
I have the SCTx3,

Southern Comfort that helps a lot, at least points me in the right direction, I am just curious why I have less power then before?

I ordered my Tuner from Ted, and selected the "bolt ons" tube that is available with it. Hmmm I will plug it in to the computer and see if updating it will help, I will email Ted as well today to see if there is just something extremely stupid I am missing.
I am sure Ted will take good care of you.

As for the reduced power message, I see various messages pop up during the programming steps. That seems normal to me. However, there should not be anything like that after programming is complete.

Btw - SCT has a tech help section at sctflash.com
Southern Comfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:35 PM   #8
Asquarecan

I didn't receive an email from Ted that I have seen. I assumed it was pre-installed. I have been running around with work all day but I will email him here in a bit when I get back to the office. I emailed their tech support at SCT last night and awaiting their response.

I will Email Ted, from what I have heard he is take care of the issue or at least point in the right direction since I assume this is something that I screwed up lol.

Thanks again
Keith
Old 12-29-2011, 12:40 PM   #9
Asquarecan

HAHAHAHAHA!

Well in typical guy fashion I didnt read the directions! Well I did but I did not see there were more on another paper! Got it figured out! Told you Ted would have it figured out
Old 12-30-2011, 06:27 PM   #10
OBSSEST

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS, Black
yes, you never sent him your stock tune did you?
OBSSEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 12:09 PM   #11
Asquarecan

I did after I found the second set of instructions. I sent it to him Thursday afternoon. Hopefully hear back from him early this week some time

Blonde moment lol. The whole loss of power thing is gone too for what ever reason the engine/trans had to re-learn my driving style.