Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-15-2013, 09:27 AM   #1
Mamooth

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS 6M
FUNK YEA!

So after an agonizing few days of the clock passing by a 1/10th it's normal speed... I picked my car up from Livernois Motorsports and I've gotta say, WOW!

So this is that perma-grin stuff you've all been talking about!

I had a slightly modified version of their max effort package installed. We decided to go with the 2C-High Lift cam instead of the 2R-MAXX because I plan on getting a supercharger in the future. I couldn't be happier with the results.

Here is my Dyno sheet:

480hp and 443tq at the rear was right in range of what Andy at the shop told me to expect. What I did not expect was the fantastic driveability of the car after the work was done.

If anyone is considering the 2C cam from Livernois I highly recommend it. It has a very nice, noticeable lope and sounds like a demon at throttle but there is hardly any concerns in heavy traffic (which I was stuck in for two hours after picking my car up ) and in parking lots. You actually have
to try to get it to behave badly and buck you all over. I can't stress how nice this car is to drive now, it's great.

All in all my experience with Livernois was extremely good. I am extremely anal about my car, and so was Livernois. There was not a scratch or spec of dirt on it when I picked it up, the underhood area was extremely clean and tidy and all of the parts they installed fit/look/perform fantastic. Andy was patient dealing with me making the decision as to exactly what I wanted done, changing things for me and offering advice until I finally just took the plunge and went for the whole package. There was a TON of communication from initial quote to finished pick-up and I never felt like a bother in the responses I got.

If you are looking for a shop, don't hesitate to have these guys do your work. They're champs.

Now the good stuff! Driving impressions:

Why doesn't the car come like this from the factory? It actually FEELS like a muscle car. I am not going to lie, up until yesterday I had grown a little disappointed in the car. Let's be honest, our cars are HEAVY and you can totally feel that in the performance and handling.

The throttle response is SO much better, I am stunned how lazy the throttle felt before without me even noticing it.

This thing actually gets out of it's own way now! The car runs like bat out of hell at high rpm.

Finally... The sound. Andy called me when I was in traffic to see how I liked the car and I told him I hadn't had a chance to stretch it's legs but that the car sounded like sex. Yeah, it sounds like sex.Truly a muscle car sound, just like when I was a kid working with my family in the garage on their hot rods.

Thanks to all the people posting valuable information here!

Thanks to Andy and the team at Livernois for their dedication and customer service.

I'd also like to throw a shout out to Litle88 for answering questions from a stranger via PM a few months back, Thanks, Bud!

Time to go waste some gas!
Mamooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:34 AM   #2
mrimpala02

Drives: Black 2SS RS w/White Stripes
Great numbers! Congrats!
Pat G Custom Turbo CamMotion Camshaft | AGP TT BB Garrett 62/65's | AGP/Fore Triple Pumps | ID1700X Injectors | Alky Control Twin Nozzle Meth | Custom 3" Exhaust | 3.27 gear set w/ Tru Trac | McLeod Twin RXT | Barton Short Throw Shifter | 6th Gen ZL1 Wheels | BMR 1.4" drop springs | Pfadt rear trailing arms & tie rods |

Installed by Me & Tuned by Pat G
mrimpala02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:49 AM   #3
Mamooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrimpala02 View Post
Great numbers! Congrats!

Thanks! I'm seriously looking forward to the spring season for the supercharger install haha
Old 10-15-2013, 10:02 AM   #4
JustJohn

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Nice numbers, congrats on the beast!! Now, enjoy that baby....
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, signed a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown
Old 10-15-2013, 10:11 AM   #5
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Nice numbers!
Old 10-15-2013, 10:34 AM   #6
DARK AGE 53

Drives: 2010 SS
Very nice numbers, what all did you do to get there?
Old 10-15-2013, 11:09 AM   #7
Mamooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJohn View Post
Nice numbers, congrats on the beast!! Now, enjoy that baby....
Thanks, and I am, just scared my co worker half to death on lunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARK AGE 53 View Post
Very nice numbers, what all did you do to get there?
Roto-Fab
Kooks LT
Full Corsa
2C-HL cam with associated hardware (springs/pushrods etc.)
Livernois stage 2 heads
ported intake and throttle body
Custom tune (obv.)

I had a few other things done but those are the power adders.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:44 PM   #8
LS3 SS

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
Very nice!
Old 10-15-2013, 11:31 PM   #9
aggieguy13

Drives: 2013 SS/RS VR 1LE
I was fixing to say. 100hp from a cam alone

2013 SS/RS 1LE VR-Backup System, SOLO Perforsance HF Cats, Muffler Delete, BBK Off-road X-pipe
2002 35th Aniversary SLP SS-Sold
aggieguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 01:59 PM   #10
Mamooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieguy13 View Post
I was fixing to say. 100hp from a cam alone
Hahaha, not so much, I should have been clearer in the original post!
Old 10-16-2013, 06:28 PM   #11
NinoSS

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM LS3
Awesome cam, congrats! I was considering swapping for that cam, however I am saving for a blower.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:50 AM   #12
Mamooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinoSS View Post
Awesome cam, congrats! I was considering swapping for that cam, however I am saving for a blower.
Do both!