Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 09-07-2011, 03:11 AM   #1
M-SS

Drives: Camaro SS 2010
Exclamation Share your own experience ,How your camaro brake noise problem was solved ?

Hi Guys as you know lot of C5 members here are having this brake squealing problem and I am one of them , If you have had a problem with your bakes so please post/share your own experience and knowledge in solving the brake noise problem/ How your camaro brake noise problem was solved ?

This will help us a lot

M-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:41 AM   #2
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-SS View Post
Hi Guys as you know lot of C5 members here are having this brake squealing problem and I am one of them , If you have had a problem with your bakes so please post/share your own experience and knowledge in solving the brake noise problem/ How your camaro brake noise problem was solved ?

This will help us a lot

I had the issue of squeaking brakes that developed when driving around Indianapolis Motor Speedway in May of 2010 and it continued through this year. Finally after being out at the track again this year in May for 2 on track runs I took it in and had it looked at. The service department said this was a common thing with Camaro's and Corvettes. They said they saw nothing wrong, greased them which they said seems to help and it did. I really haven't heard them since but it was only my passenger side front that was doing it. So today *knock on wood* I can say I'm squeal free for the moment and its been 3mo's since that service and I've driven close to a thousand miles since then, maybe.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:58 AM   #3
M-SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by chozn4service View Post
I had the issue of squeaking brakes that developed when driving around Indianapolis Motor Speedway in May of 2010 and it continued through this year. Finally after being out at the track again this year in May for 2 on track runs I took it in and had it looked at. The service department said this was a common thing with Camaro's and Corvettes. They said they saw nothing wrong, greased them which they said seems to help and it did. I really haven't heard them since but it was only my passenger side front that was doing it. So today *knock on wood* I can say I'm squeal free for the moment and its been 3mo's since that service and I've driven close to a thousand miles since then, maybe.
Thank you for the post

My driver side always but the passenger side sometimes makes noise !!!!! if you don't mind asking what was the product you used to grease your brakes ??

Old 09-07-2011, 04:07 AM   #4
M-SS

so guys i will be listing the possible solutions in solving the noise and squealing brake problem, and i will make sure i will try them all and if i am not successful i will sell my camaro

Solutions to fix the Camaro brake noise/ squealing :-

1-
JusticePete’s method of "Bedding the brakes "Find an open lightly tafficked section of highway. Get your speed up to 55 MPH. Stand on the brakes until your reach 35 MPH. Repeat from 65 and 75. Drive for five miles or more to allow the brakes to cool. This should reduce the squeal "

2- Grease the brakes

Last edited by M-SS; 09-07-2011 at 04:42 AM.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:55 AM   #5
chozn4service

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-SS View Post
Thank you for the post

My driver side always but the passenger side sometimes makes noise !!!!! if you don't mind asking what was the product you used to grease your brakes ??

That I can't answer as the service dept at Hare Chevrolet did the work. As I was told it's common with 'vettes and 'maro's, so they greased all the fittings and moving parts on the brakes and its been all good every since.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:11 AM   #6
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
My problems are well documented on here. But the short version is that my 2010 was declared a lemon, I handed over the keys to a GM rep, and they gave me the keys to a brand new 2011.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:16 AM   #7
chozn4service

Must have been more than just brakes that you had issue with. From a lemon to lemonade!
So out of curiosity, what mods did you have on the lemon and did you or were you allowed to remove them for the new car? I would have had a strip out party as to save myself on starting over unless compensation was figured into it, which I doubt.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:07 AM   #8
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Only a CAI and a CarId interior kit. So I just bit the bullet on that one.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:24 AM   #9
chozn4service

Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Only a CAI and a CarId interior kit. So I just bit the bullet on that one.
That's not too bad considering. I know the CarID kit was gone but the CAI would have come out especially if I had the stock box. Hell, I would have been searching on the board for a stock air box as a temp if necessary.

I've been wanting to do a CarID kit but can't decide on which one to get. Which did you settle on and did you get another for this one, any pics?
I had a carbon fiber one for my previous ride that I got off of ebay which wasn't bad at all.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:42 AM   #10
M-SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by chozn4service View Post
That I can't answer as the service dept at Hare Chevrolet did the work. As I was told it's common with 'vettes and 'maro's, so they greased all the fittings and moving parts on the brakes and its been all good every since.
Thanks bud

Old 09-08-2011, 04:45 AM   #11
M-SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
My problems are well documented on here. But the short version is that my 2010 was declared a lemon, I handed over the keys to a GM rep, and they gave me the keys to a brand new 2011.

Thank you stieger i have seen your posts, and i know my dealer will not give me ew camaro because of my camaro brakes are noisy

Old 09-08-2011, 04:47 AM   #12
M-SS

Solutions to fix the Camaro brake noise/ squealing :-

1-
JusticePete’s method of "Bedding the brakes "Find an open lightly tafficked section of highway. Get your speed up to 55 MPH. Stand on the brakes until your reach 35 MPH. Repeat from 65 and 75. Drive for five miles or more to allow the brakes to cool. This should reduce the squeal "

2- Grease the brakes

3- lemon law " not applicable for me "

Old 09-08-2011, 05:00 AM   #13
M-SS

change the rotors and the pads with some aftermarket rotors and pads without changing the Brembo brake calipers , will it solves the noise and squeal ????

Old 09-08-2011, 10:33 AM   #14
04Ram2500Hemi

Drives: 04 Ram 2500 & 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I had the TSB performed on my 2010 and shortly after that it started again. The thing is the car stops on a dime (I've had to dynamite the brakes at highway speeds and they are amazing). I live with a little squeal because I know these brakes can save my life if I need them to.

Here's the TSB I had performed that did nothing for me. Not sure if this helps any, but it might be something for you to reference.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Brembo.pdf (350.5 KB, 152 views)
04Ram2500Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake squealing, camaro brake noise