Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-08-2013, 12:12 AM   #43
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
Nope, just the $100 deductible on each car plus court cost.
You are nice. Think i would have used my machete'.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:30 AM   #44
DandDC09

Drives: '10 2LT/RS, '13 Malibu
No problems till Friday night... My wife was home and I was on my way home from St Louis. Someone apparently tried to break into my car around 10:00pm. She said she heard the horn honk a couple times then a long honk. Grabbed the keys and looked outside, but didnt see anything. New neighbors have moved in across the street and she said there was a car out in the street there she hadnt seen before. Didnt think anything of it and told me about it when I got home at 10:30. So I went out and looked at the car and sure enough, someone had tried to wedge open the window, scratched the tint and pushed the seal down. Not sure what they did to make the alarm sound, but thank goodness they did! Scared them away I guess. The thing that sucks is, my neighbor was keeping an eye on the house for me too and had been outside at 9:45 and went back in to watch the news! I would love to had pulled up with that happening! My .40 might have had something to say about it!
Old 04-08-2013, 01:14 AM   #45
SugeKnight

Drives: 2012 1LT BLACK ON BLACK
Some asshole lady puts her empty shopping cart right in front of my camaro, (I park far away from everyone) and the wind blew it and it hit my car. I saw it on the security cams, If only i could go kick the cart right on her ugly ass mini van.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:36 AM   #46
Cobra Kai

Drives: 11 Camaro 2SS/RS VR!
It's really sad how big this thread is already. Not one of these crimes is for financial gain either. Not one robbery. These are all just jealousy driven crimes. Not sure which is worse. At least monetary reasons I could understand. But damaging something just because you don't have it? It used to be that people were looked up to who had something difficult to attain. That was the American dream- that I could attain that too. Now it's "I'm mad because I don't have that. I deserve that. Why should he have something if I don't?"
AAC Concept LED sidemarkers, red strut covers, RPI painted GM strut tower brace, ABL LED Dome light, RPI painted speedo surround & console gauges surround, Gary's Customz bowtie!, Lloyd's custom mats, sequential tails, KMC rockstar wheels!

THE THING THAT SHOULD NOT BE
Cobra Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:11 AM   #47
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Kai View Post
It's really sad how big this thread is already. Not one of these crimes is for financial gain either. Not one robbery. These are all just jealousy driven crimes. Not sure which is worse. At least monetary reasons I could understand. But damaging something just because you don't have it? It used to be that people were looked up to who had something difficult to attain. That was the American dream- that I could attain that too. Now it's "I'm mad because I don't have that. I deserve that. Why should he have something if I don't?"
That is the society we live in now. Degenerates have been given an excuse and it's all the fault of those horrible people that busted it hard and made something of themselves. "You tried harder in school and have more than me. I hate you and everything you have; therefore, I'm going to vandalize it!".

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:35 AM   #48
MikeSVX
The magic smoke genie....

Drives: Jewels (2010 RJT 1SS)
Dude, what are you doing to piss people off? The only issues I have are with birds crapping on it within an hour of washing it.
MikeSVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:39 AM   #49
Cobra Kai

Drives: 11 Camaro 2SS/RS VR!
It's partly where one is located I guess. Not just bad neighborhoods but I think some areas just have less sense of community, more anonymity, more young people, etc. Can't let it stop you from owning the car you want to own.
AAC Concept LED sidemarkers, red strut covers, RPI painted GM strut tower brace, ABL LED Dome light, RPI painted speedo surround & console gauges surround, Gary's Customz bowtie!, Lloyd's custom mats, sequential tails, KMC rockstar wheels!

THE THING THAT SHOULD NOT BE
Cobra Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:17 PM   #50
Camaro25

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
people are idiots, Just yesterday i went to the bakery 1 car in the parking lot end of day , Parked at the very end of the store , Safe right , WRONG Me and the wife buy some bread and a cake for Easter We walk out the door and there it is , Some piece of crap rust bucket dirty junk car parked of course right freakn next to me , So I think "great here we go again door ding ? So i walk and start checking out my car and i hear some guy yelling at me " You can look at it as much as you want i didnt touch your car.!! (Remember i aint to happy , there are 3 cars in a parking lot that fits 50 cars ). I looked up and there he is ,About 60 years old wearing sweatpants halfway off his ass ,looked like he aint showered in a week, poor excuss for a Human , I yelled back ,Last time i checked I aint got to get any permission from anyone to look at my car when i want to see if some jerk who has a whole parking lot to park ,parks next to my Camaro and might of dinged my door He then said , "I was real careful and made sure", Seeing nothing and Not wanting to start a scene I said "Thank You for not dinging my door ," Got in and left. Just Frustrating .
I HATE it when that happens. When I drive my new Camaro or my 92Z28 I always try to park as far away as I can from anybody else and it never fails. When I come out of the store there is always someone right next to me.
Camaro25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:30 PM   #51
Camaro25

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT RS
I haven't had any problems with the Camaros that aI own now (knock on wood) but I had an 87 Camaro back in the 90s. I had it in the bodyshop to fix some damage from an accident. When they finished it they parked it outside and some kids came by and keyed it. The shop owner called me and told me what had happened and said he was pressing charges against them and he would repaint it.
Then a couple months after buying a brand new 99 Mustang I came out of the mall to find it covered on silly string. I quickly drove to the car wash and sprayed it off, but there was a few spots where you could see where the string was.
Camaro25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:45 PM   #52
rdblan2

Drives: 2SS RS
Nothing has ever happened to my car, but I did watch a guy toss a bag of trash into the bed of my pickup once. He didn't realize it was mine as I was walking toward him. Let's just say I gave him the trash back.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:49 PM   #53
invaderzim

Drives: 45th SS, '12 ducati 1199 on order
Quote:
people are idiots, Just yesterday i went to the bakery 1 car in the parking lot end of day , Parked at the very end of the store , Safe right , WRONG Me and the wife buy some bread and a cake for Easter We walk out the door and there it is , Some piece of crap rust bucket dirty junk car parked of course right freakn next to me , So I think "great here we go again door ding ? So i walk and start checking out my car and i hear some guy yelling at me " You can look at it as much as you want i didnt touch your car.!! (Remember i aint to happy , there are 3 cars in a parking lot that fits 50 cars ). I looked up and there he is ,About 60 years old wearing sweatpants halfway off his ass ,looked like he aint showered in a week, poor excuss for a Human , I yelled back ,Last time i checked I aint got to get any permission from anyone to look at my car when i want to see if some jerk who has a whole parking lot to park ,parks next to my Camaro and might of dinged my door He then said , "I was real careful and made sure", Seeing nothing and Not wanting to start a scene I said "Thank You for not dinging my door ," Got in and left. Just Frustrating .
^^ this is just one of the reasons why people do the things they do to nice cars. They think everyone who owns a nice car acts like this guy....
invaderzim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:52 PM   #54
invaderzim

Drives: 45th SS, '12 ducati 1199 on order
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Luckily I have never had one of my cars vandalized but I did see a Mercedes in a parking garage with a pile of human feces on the hood once. People are messed up.
How do you know it was from a human donor? >.>
invaderzim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:13 PM   #55
cmb74656

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM/BLI A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep View Post
I've had the "use my trunk as a seat" problem.

But luckily I was able to compound it all out

Hopefully, you caught the culprit and gave them the "shoe as a suppository" problem.

MODS: RX Performance catch can, Jegs CAI, ZL1 grille, chrome license plate frame, GM locking gas cap, Defender Worx chrome DRL bezels, GM molded splash guards, Oracle LED side markers, DRLs, tag lights and reverse lamps, Technostalgia Rapid Fire tail lamps, Vitesse shift paddle extenders, MBRP cat back.
FUTURE: long tube headers, front splitter, slotted/drilled rotors, leather console and e-brake handle boot, remote fuel door and rear seat release, sway bars and bushings.
WISH LIST: Edelbrock E-Force SC, LS3 conversion
cmb74656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:08 AM   #56
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by invaderzim View Post
^^ this is just one of the reasons why people do the things they do to nice cars. They think everyone who owns a nice car acts like this guy....
I really don't see the problem here. Some guy parks his piece of junk right next to his car when there are 50 other spots open. He comes out to check for a door ding and the guy driving the piece of junk yells a smart ass comment from across the parking lot. I guess you're right, he should've just come out of the store, checked for dents, allowed the guy to yell at him, then he puts his head down and sulks away like a whipped dog ("Sorry sir, I didn't mean to check for door dings on MY car.").

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote