Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 04-27-2010, 10:11 AM   #1
sfgiantsfan9

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS and 2001 Ford F250
Pfadt vs. Pedders vs. H&R Drop Springs

I am looking at purchasing a set of lowering springs for my SS. I think I have it narrowed down to these brands just from reading so many threads. It seems like Pfadt and Pedders are both highly recommended. Haven't heard too much about H&R but I like how low they set their drop. Main thing I am concerned about is I want at least a 1.25" drop but I want a firm and sporty but not harsh ride. Can anyone tell me anything about these springs that will put one over the top of the rest so I can finally get these things ordered? Thanks.
sfgiantsfan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:43 AM   #2
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfgiantsfan9 View Post
I am looking at purchasing a set of lowering springs for my SS. I think I have it narrowed down to these brands just from reading so many threads. It seems like Pfadt and Pedders are both highly recommended. Haven't heard too much about H&R but I like how low they set their drop. Main thing I am concerned about is I want at least a 1.25" drop but I want a firm and sporty but not harsh ride. Can anyone tell me anything about these springs that will put one over the top of the rest so I can finally get these things ordered? Thanks.
Hi sfgiantsfan9,

It sounds like your requirements for a spring were taken directly from our product description!! The Pfadt drop springs have a 1.25" drop, which in our experience is the lowest that we could go with out negatively affecting ride quality. The ride quality on our springs is firm, but no where near harsh. The spring rate is increased a moderate percentage, but these are not for a race car. These drop springs are for the performance street enthusiast, looking for a sporty feel and performance for spirited driving, and occasional auto-x and track use.

Plus, our springs fit Camaros BEFORE and AFTER the GM spring change for the Camaro. Not all manufacturers do. So this is something to keep an eye out for. Unless, of course, you decide to go with our springs

Contact me with any more questions you have on our products. Thank you for considering us on your Camaro!

By the way, how about the Giants putting down Halladay last night?

Last edited by PfadtRacing; 04-27-2010 at 06:10 PM.
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:42 AM   #3
Kscott46

Drives: 2010 Black SS2, RS, MT
PFADT all the way!! Don't think twice about it. I just installed mine last night, did it myself, and I am extremely happy with the result.

Future Mods: PFADT Sways, SLP cat back, SLP X-pipe, SLP Headers, and Tune.
Kscott46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:45 AM   #4
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
I'm also running Pfadt and loving it.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:18 PM   #5
RedJewel2SS
12.23s@113mph

Drives: 2SS/RS, A6, just a few bolt ons
i'm running Pfadt, and the ride quality improved after lowering it! WAY better than stock if you can believe it!

RIP Cammie 7/15/2009 - 4/1/2011
RedJewel2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:35 PM   #6
camarowa

Drives: 2013 SVT Raptor, sold 2010 Camaro
running a pfadt setup as well. you'll be very pleased.
- Blacked-Out Bowties & RS Emblems, Front bowtie delete
- Full Dynamat Extreme Trunk Coverage
- Tinted side markers
- Interior DSV Customs Leather Upgrades
- Airaid CAI V2
- Forgestar F14 Gunmetal 20x9, 20x11
- Doug Thorley Shorties
camarowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 02:31 PM   #7
PfadtRacing

Thank you everyone for posting up with your impressions of our products. It is really appreciated!
Old 04-27-2010, 03:17 PM   #8
Mojave
San Diego Head Tuners

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS ,NPP,MagRide, A8
I am also running Pfadts and they are amazing. Prior to installing my Pfadts the car pushed when cornering hard (literally the front wheel would slide). The car no longer pushes. I look forward to ordering more parts from them in the future.
https://www.youtube.com/c/MojaveKY
https://www.instagram.com/mojaveky/
https://twitter.com/MojaveKY
http://dinowax.refr.cc/bryanm 15% off DinoWax orders
Mojave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:40 PM   #9
RedJewel2SS
12.23s@113mph

Drives: 2SS/RS, A6, just a few bolt ons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
I am also running Pfadts and they are amazing. Prior to installing my Pfadts the car pushed when cornering hard (literally the front wheel would slide). The car no longer pushes. I look forward to ordering more parts from them in the future.
ohh i felt that once!

i then took a corner at about 50 with the pfadt springs and sway bars, and i literally just glided through it with complete control! no understeer even with the skinny 245s up front!

RIP Cammie 7/15/2009 - 4/1/2011
RedJewel2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 04:58 PM   #10
CasperSS

Drives: 2010 Summit White 2SS SIM Stripes
I got my Pfadt springs Friday and installed them Saturday. The ride quality hasn't suffered at all and it looks and handles much better!
CasperSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 06:06 PM   #11
lock

Drives: 11 2SS/RS E-Force Supercharged
where is the best place to buy ... or is the price on the pfadt site as good as it gets?

lock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 06:11 PM   #12
PfadtRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lock View Post
where is the best place to buy ... or is the price on the pfadt site as good as it gets?
Us, or any of our dealers! Our retail prices will remain the same!
Old 04-27-2010, 08:22 PM   #13
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
I think Pfadt and Eibach are some of the most popular ones. Eibach simply because of the price.

All of the Mfgs are going to have reasons why theirs are better than the next guy. It's a very tuff decision and you won't go wrong with any of those choices.

I was torn between Pfadt vs Pedders vs Hotchkis myself. All of these are going to be quality springs. I ultimately went with Hotchkis for few reasons.....I've used Hotchkis in the past on my First Gens with great success.....I got them shipped to my door for $285.....and I didn't have to cut the bump stops.

Since all the brands were virtually the same, price played a pretty big factor for me. I was able to get both the springs and an aligment for about the same price as just the Pedders springs and just a little more than what just the Pfadt springs cost.

I put them on a few days ago and so far just as everyone has said the ride is only ever so slightly stiffer than before but not by much and the look is worth every bit of that. I was going to wait to have it a week or two before posting up my final thoughts.

Another Mfg to consider is BMR. They usually make good products and thier springs are like $240 from what a remember. Only bad thing with BMR is that they are a few weeks out from shipping.

Here is a pic of mine with the Hotchkis.
Attached Images

-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal

Last edited by caverman; 04-27-2010 at 08:44 PM.
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:49 AM   #14
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
Thank you everyone for posting up with your impressions of our products. It is really appreciated!
I love'm so much, I ordered a set of swaybars to 'help' control the car even more. And really appreciated talking to you guys at C5F.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote