Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2012 Camaro5 Fest (III)

Old 02-04-2012, 11:19 PM   #1
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Drives: 2016 SS
Central US Camaro EPIC Van to Indy

I have seen a few threads that are a tad bit scattered among states in our local region heading to Indy. I decided I should compose a thread dedicated to our route and also hopefuls willing to join us. As we know nothing is set in stone until the final month leading up to CamaroFest III.

Please feel free to hop on board the Camaro train

The Oklahoma Family is planning on taking I-44 all the way to Indy. We are hoping Kansas and much of Missouri will join us due to the route positioning, but if any further southern (Arkansas & Northern Texas), western (Colorado, New Mexico, and more), and or even northern states would like to join.. Please do.

See you in a a few months (more like several :()

Also feel free to join our local chatter on our website about CamaroFest III

http://www.okcamaros.com/forum/showt...ugust-2-4-2012
LED Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:13 PM   #2
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
cant wait. this is going to be great!
Dznts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:19 PM   #3
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LED KING View Post
I have seen a few threads that are a tad bit scattered among states in our local region heading to Indy. I decided I should compose a thread dedicated to our route and also hopefuls willing to join us. As we know nothing is set in stone until the final month leading up to CamaroFest III.

Please feel free to hop on board the Camaro train

The Oklahoma Family is planning on taking I-44 all the way to Indy. We are hoping Kansas and much of Missouri will join us due to the route positioning, but if any further southern (Arkansas & Northern Texas), western (Colorado, New Mexico, and more), and or even northern states would like to join.. Please do.

See you in a a few months (more like several :()

Also feel free to join our local chatter on our website about CamaroFest III

http://www.okcamaros.com/forum/showt...ugust-2-4-2012
It looks like Arkansas will be joined in Memphis and/or Little Rock by Louisiana, Tennessee, Texas, New Mexico and AZ (also maybe Utah and Colorado?). We'll pick up more from Mississippi, possibly Alabama and the other side of Tennessee in Nashville, then link up with Kentucky in Louisville and roll in hard several hundred strong. We'd love it if you guys came with us but as we've discussed before it's a bit longer route than the I-44 method!

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:13 AM   #4
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dznts View Post
cant wait. this is going to be great!
I know! The weekend will be a blast. I hope I don't spend the whole time tearing apart my Camaro this time lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
It looks like Arkansas will be joined in Memphis and/or Little Rock by Louisiana, Tennessee, Texas, New Mexico and AZ (also maybe Utah and Colorado?). We'll pick up more from Mississippi, possibly Alabama and the other side of Tennessee in Nashville, then link up with Kentucky in Louisville and roll in hard several hundred strong. We'd love it if you guys came with us but as we've discussed before it's a bit longer route than the I-44 method!
We would love to be apart of that legendary caravan, but our crew would like to have a one day drive instead of two to CamaroFest. Either way we shall see you in Indy girl
Old 02-07-2012, 04:47 PM   #5
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
Wichita Kansas people will be taking I-70 all the way there (KC -> St Louis -> Indianapolis)
Hope to join with some in Kansas City as we will have to trek 3 hrs to Kansas city before starting the journey
Old 02-07-2012, 11:53 PM   #6
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

We'd love to join you! I will talk it over with my crew and get back to you!
Old 04-14-2012, 10:03 PM   #7
SSYNRS
It return's the favor !

Drives: "Synergy" Summit White 2-26-12
I think lining up a meet in Kansas City or St. Louis would be a great idea.

$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found

My purchase thread (build to come);
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205615
SSYNRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:08 AM   #8
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Whatever works best for everyone. I believe Kansas and some of NWA will be tagging along as well. Some of us are deciding on where to stay Wednesday night. Kansas City maybe a good idea and then leave early Thursday morning.

Ideas?
Old 04-15-2012, 10:50 AM   #9
SSYNRS
It return's the favor !

Drives: "Synergy" Summit White 2-26-12
I was just through Indianapolis after picking up my Camaro...
After some pictures at the Raceway with collinsRS and Dragom I left at 2:00pm and got home just before 10:00pm - (450 Miles to Indy).

Was by myself and was pretty much straight through. Not that it was difficult but St. Louis might be a better overnight location for Wednesday night.... (250 Miles)
The cruise starts Thursday at 6:00 pm, might be nice to arrive ahead of time and get rid of road grime... From the car too

BUT Maybe a meet in Kansas City (between 3pm-5pm) hook-up with Kansas, Colorado, Nebraska, etc... then off the St. Louis ?
or closer is Columbia, MO - (350 Miles to Indy)

$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found

My purchase thread (build to come);
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205615
SSYNRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:29 PM   #10
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

There are a few in our group who feel St. Louis is not very safe to stay over night. They are more for Kansas City.

I am all for being there ahead of time. Especially having time for check in, take bags to room, and chill in parking lot before staging for cruise begins.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:38 PM   #11
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by LED KING View Post
There are a few in our group who feel St. Louis is not very safe to stay over night. They are more for Kansas City.

I am all for being there ahead of time. Especially having time for check in, take bags to room, and chill in parking lot before staging for cruise begins.
I've heard the same thing, but I think some of the suburbs are better. I'll be going through there in June for the Hot Rod Power Tour, so I can check it out for you all. The venue is Gateway Itnl Raceway, but I'm going to stay on the West side of St Louis just north of 1-44. Riverport. Not sure of the route for HRPT, as they keep it secret until close to the date, but let me know what you want me to check out and I'll try to do so! Of course, for Camaro Fest, I'll be departing from Atlanta and headed north through TN, KY and Indiana...........

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:33 AM   #12
ams450r

Drives: 2007 Chevy HD LTZ
Stl and that bad its just like any other place
ams450r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:39 PM   #13
Peppy2SS
I'm not a "bro"

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
I'm from the St Louis area, and I wouldn't recommend staying downtown with your cars in the open lots of the hotels. But the surrounding areas aren't bad. I would recommend checking into areas such as Maryland Heights or Collinsville, IL for hotels if you plan to stay in the STL area.

Let me know if I can help with any information when it comes to saying in this area.
Peppy2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:04 PM   #14
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppy2SS View Post
I'm from the St Louis area, and I wouldn't recommend staying downtown with your cars in the open lots of the hotels. But the surrounding areas aren't bad. I would recommend checking into areas such as Maryland Heights or Collinsville, IL for hotels if you plan to stay in the STL area.

Let me know if I can help with any information when it comes to saying in this area.
I agree with this! Collinsville is great on the IL side and threr are several hotels with safe parking lots. I'd offer up my house, but there's not enough room for everyone! You can count me in for joining the caravan as it comes throughout St. Louis on Thursday!

Last edited by Deke736; 05-03-2012 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Added content.
Deke736 is offline   Reply With Quote