Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-23-2011, 08:56 PM   #1
HaZe_X

Drives: Trailblazer SS & Camaro SS
Dealer says bumper to bumper warranty is..

So Im selling the my car (mods in sig) and the dealer tells the guy who is buying my car says the FULL warranty is void. Since I have headers the service department is saying I have no warranty left, they even said If my radio or window stops working it wont be covered. I know there is no truth to this, But I would like to have someone to verify so I can show the guy who is buying my car.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:02 PM   #2
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
I called my dealer and asked about putting on headers and exhaust, and he told me that I would only be voiding the warranty on the exhaust. Everything else is covered..
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:05 PM   #3
HaZe_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolFan66 View Post
I called my dealer and asked about putting on headers and exhaust, and he told me that I would only be voiding the warranty on the exhaust. Everything else is covered..
Thats what I thought, I dont know where this idiot is pulling that info from, out of his ass I guess.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:18 PM   #4
DjfunkmasterG
Indie Zombie Film King

Drives: 2011 LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaZe_X View Post
So Im selling the my car (mods in sig) and the dealer tells the guy who is buying my car says the FULL warranty is void. Since I have headers the service department is saying I have no warranty left, they even said If my radio or window stops working it wont be covered. I know there is no truth to this, But I would like to have someone to verify so I can show the guy who is buying my car.
Dealer is full of crap, only the component you modified would be void of warranty, however, in many instances headers or other mods that can affect engine performance have caused dealer and the factory to deny claims...

Even Lawyers won't take these cases because on an engineering level everything works in conjunction with some other part so a modification to one can affect the other etc etc.

But I find most dealers aren't ANAL, and those that pull the warranty Bullcrap is because they don't get paid unless GM approves the repair... they make it on good faith, hoping GM covers it when they submit the paperwork. usually low volume dealers act like this...

But also check your state laws... I also believe there is a federal law in place that specifically says something about warranties and vehicles... but I may be thinking about the oil change law... but their may be verbage in there that covers after market modifications.

Throw this at your dealer:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...5&postcount=22

Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 03-23-2011 at 09:29 PM.
DjfunkmasterG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:51 PM   #5
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
if you had a tune done.consider it void.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:15 PM   #6
HaZe_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
Dealer is full of crap, only the component you modified would be void of warranty, however, in many instances headers or other mods that can affect engine performance have caused dealer and the factory to deny claims...

Even Lawyers won't take these cases because on an engineering level everything works in conjunction with some other part so a modification to one can affect the other etc etc.

But I find most dealers aren't ANAL, and those that pull the warranty Bullcrap is because they don't get paid unless GM approves the repair... they make it on good faith, hoping GM covers it when they submit the paperwork. usually low volume dealers act like this...

But also check your state laws... I also believe there is a federal law in place that specifically says something about warranties and vehicles... but I may be thinking about the oil change law... but their may be verbage in there that covers after market modifications.

Throw this at your dealer:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...5&postcount=22
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron10 View Post
if you had a tune done.consider it void.
DID you read the OP? having the window motor go or the radio stop working should have no affect on having headers and such.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:25 PM   #7
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
I have a supercharger on my car (includes a tune) and I have had my car go in for warranty work. So long as the headers/tune aren't the cause of the problem, the warranty should still be honored. I can show you receipts of my warranty work if it'll help.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:39 PM   #8
armysig
Catch me if you can

Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
To easy. Print a copy of the Magnuson-Moss Act. Bring it to the dealership, slap it down on the desk and say prove it that my warranty is voided due to installed parts if a non connected device is not functioning.

Magnuson-Moss Act
Old 03-24-2011, 12:50 AM   #9
mulletman

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Dealers do whatever they want. We have been paying several huindred dollars for
"documentation fees" for years. Most still continue to pay.
mulletman is offline   Reply With Quote