Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 06-03-2016, 12:43 AM   #15
PapaKlutch

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS/1LE
Welcome! Looks great!
Old 06-03-2016, 06:58 AM   #16
paul84043

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Boo yah!, you my friend scored big time. The second owner.
I got the same deal on my 2010 2SS. 4800 miles and the first owner was kind enough to take the $10k hit for me.
I love the black but when I was looking for my '15 while Chevy was running the %20 off MSRP discount, all I could find was white. Still... scored my '15 for $13k off sticker out the door.
We were just up in Idaho a few weekends ago, got family in Pocatello, Blackfoot, and IF.

Welcome to the club, you'll love this car.
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 09:11 AM   #17
Mbyars

Drives: 2017 Nightfall Gray 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcloak View Post
Nice car!

The front plate you have is an easy removal, simply drill out the rivets. The holes that get left behind aren't all that unsightly really. I went with a ZL1-Addons combo tow hook / plate relocation system, and have been quite happy with it so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bub View Post
I agree, and the holes left behind are in the black plastic grille, not in the painted fascia itself. Buy some black "Christmas tree" style push plugs to fill the holes and they are essentially invisible since they are black plastic on black plastic (not painted bumper plugs)...just make sure they sit flush.

Congrats and enjoy your 1LE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 51LE50 View Post
Been there, done that. 2 minutes with a step drill and the rivets are gone. It's very easy. Get some plastic inserts from your local hardware store ~ 1/4 inch and you're done. Maybe a buck in parts if you have the step drill bit already.
Thanks for the info gents, i'll look into it more this next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul84043 View Post
Boo yah!, you my friend scored big time. The second owner.
I got the same deal on my 2010 2SS. 4800 miles and the first owner was kind enough to take the $10k hit for me.
I love the black but when I was looking for my '15 while Chevy was running the %20 off MSRP discount, all I could find was white. Still... scored my '15 for $13k off sticker out the door.
We were just up in Idaho a few weekends ago, got family in Pocatello, Blackfoot, and IF.

Welcome to the club, you'll love this car.
Thanks man! I grew up in IF, I still have a family that lives there so I visit often but am glad I don't live over there anymore. I'm stoked with the purchase of this car. I was in sales then and originally sold it to the guy. Older guy, has numerous vehicles so barely drove this one and I had a chance to STEAL it when he wanted to trade it back in for a new truck. The white looks badass as well, really...they all do!
Old 06-03-2016, 09:13 AM   #18
Mbyars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBaseman View Post
Looking good! What size drop spring did you choose? I'm stuck between 1.0" and 1.25", or maybe a 1.25/1.0 split. Yours look to be the 1.0" if I had to guess, right?
I went with the 1" BMR, after having it done I can see that I could have easily got away with the 1.25 but it's nearly impossible to see a difference with the naked eye between the two. Plus I like how it rides like stock (stiff but now lowered car stiff) and there is a noticeable improvement in the handling.
Old 06-03-2016, 04:22 PM   #19
Mbyars

Gents, I read about 20 different threads pertaining to rock guards. Being a black car and Idaho roads the gills are salt and peppered already. What are you guys using on your 1LE specifically? I had my guys in parts look up the rock guards for the zl1, can't tell if it's the same one guys are using on here or not. Part #23114083
Old 06-03-2016, 06:19 PM   #20
MBaseman

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbyars View Post
I went with the 1" BMR, after having it done I can see that I could have easily got away with the 1.25 but it's nearly impossible to see a difference with the naked eye between the two. Plus I like how it rides like stock (stiff but now lowered car stiff) and there is a noticeable improvement in the handling.
Thanks for the reply on that. Regarding the rock guards, that part number looks correct. I got mine from ZL1 addons, but I wish I didn't to be honest. Go GM on these, it's worth the extra few bucks. My rears hang down a bit low IMO. Not crazy like some of them, but I like the OEM look on the rears better. I figured they were going to be designed the same but I was wrong.

You can kind of see what I'm talking about in this pic
Attached Images

MBaseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 09:15 PM   #21
Full Lock
Evasive Maneuvers

Drives: SIM '15 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Gents, I read about 20 different threads pertaining to rock guards. Being a black car and Idaho roads the gills are salt and peppered already. What are you guys using on your 1LE specifically? I had my guys in parts look up the rock guards for the zl1, can't tell if it's the same one guys are using on here or not. Part #23114083
Yeah man that's them... Check my build for pics
'13 Camaro 1LE AGM *SOLD*
Full Lock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 10:58 PM   #22
maroonponyina1LE

Drives: 2015 1LE
I also got the zl1addons mud flaps after thorough review, but reconsidering the OEM for the rear in particular after seeing pics from MBaseman and Full Lock (thank you both).

There is an interesting difference in appearance of the zl1addons rear set from the photo on their website vs that of MBaseman. ...granted the pics are from very different angles.

On a separate topic, I am surprised no one has mentioned the Jacfab license plate option. I would have lived with the stock holder, begrudgingly, if it had been installed, but it wasn't in my case. Realize the original poster or others might prefer a different option than the stock holder.
maroonponyina1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 06:44 AM   #23
Full Lock
Evasive Maneuvers

Drives: SIM '15 1SS 1LE
^^^ like he said go OE. I first ordered the zl1addons version and I wasn't too impressed with them so I bit the bullet and got the OE's. But if ya really want the replicas from zl1addons, I think I still have the F&R set around here somewhere. I'll sell them to ya cheap.
'13 Camaro 1LE AGM *SOLD*
Full Lock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 06:48 AM   #24
MBaseman

Here's a better angle of the zl1 addons version. Again, just go OEM or I'll sell you mine too for a penny cheaper

But I will say the are really not THAT bad. I personally like the sleeker look of the OEM. The don't look as much like mini mud flaps, although I've never seen them in person. Just some pics
Attached Images

Old 06-04-2016, 06:49 AM   #25
MBaseman

Fronts are fine IMO
Attached Images

Old 06-04-2016, 10:12 PM   #26
maroonponyina1LE

Drives: 2015 1LE
Thank you for the additional pics. ZL1add ons rear mud flaps not looking the same as OEM. I agree front ones look fine.

I like your (MBaseman) rocker panels as well. If you put on the front mud flaps from zl1add ons with the adhesive tape first, does that create issues if you tried to put on new rocker panels after that?
maroonponyina1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 10:33 PM   #27
MBaseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroonponyina1LE View Post
Thank you for the additional pics. ZL1add ons rear mud flaps not looking the same as OEM. I agree front ones look fine.

I like your (MBaseman) rocker panels as well. If you put on the front mud flaps from zl1add ons with the adhesive tape first, does that create issues if you tried to put on new rocker panels after that?
I'm sure you can peel them off and use some other form of adhesive and the screws. But yes, you would have to remove the rock guard before swapping rocker panels.
Old 06-05-2016, 01:17 PM   #28
PapaKlutch

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS/1LE
Quote:
Yep, 23114083. Go GM and you'll be plenty happy. I've seen the ZL1 add on locally and don't like the look as much as the GM set.