Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 11-25-2009, 10:24 PM   #1
jwjk

Drives: Ordered 2SS/RS - Nov. 14/09
Smile New guy, Camaro SS on the way. :)

Hello!

Well, obviously I'm the new guy... sooo I thought I'd introduce myself.

I live in Okotoks, Alberta (10 minutes south of Calgary) where the sun is always shining and you can shoot coyotes from the cab of your truck. Or so I've HEARD!

I've never owned a Camaro, though I've wanted one for over 15 years. My order for a 2SS/RS LS3 went in to GM on the 14th of November @ High Country Chevrolet in High River.

I've been lurking around camaro5 for several months now, reading people's opinion on the 5th gen Camaro. Having never owned a car like this I went out and test drove a GT, SRT8 and a 2LT. Just to get a feel for the different brands available, of course. The GT felt "nice" <- my wife's word, exactly. Wow. I want a "nice" car. Ah, no. "Peppy" would be another word she used. Soooo, I moved on... The SRT8 is a favourite of a friend of mine, so I took it out for a drive. Then drove it back. Gave the dealer the keys back and said, "No, thank you". It was heading in the right direction, but didn't "feel" right.

Having wanted a Camaro for so long I was almost scared to try a 5th Gen, as I was worried GM may have botched the whole thing. Camaros were few and far between in Calgary at the end of October, and those that WERE in the dealer showrooms STAYED in the dealer showrooms. I convinced a friend of a friend to let me drive his 2LT. At the end of the ride, I had to be physically pulled from the vehicle. Seriously. My wife saw me drive up in it and shouted, "OMG, if looks could kill..." Wha? I was deliriously happy and didn't think I looked mean. "No, the CAR! The CAR looks like it wants to kill the other cars!"

Which made me laugh, but also sold me on the Camaro. It looks good, feels good and has a good attitude. I thoroughly enjoyed the V6, but my soul cries out for the V8. I went in to High Country, paid a deposit and ordered my 2SS/RS. Black exterior, black leather interior. Black out the windows and you get the picture.

So there you have it. For those of you that have a 5th Gen already, I envy you. For those of you sitting on order, I empathize. I look forward to chatting with you all.

Cheers!
Jason

Last edited by jwjk; 11-26-2009 at 01:22 AM.
jwjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 06:49 AM   #2
HeavyD

Drives: 1SSRS RY L99
Welcome! This site is great! I learned a ton here and helped me order my car just last week! What an awesome feeling. Congratulations!
HeavyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 07:35 AM   #3
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Welcome to the addiction, both the site and the car. I know you'll love both, but while you're waiting on your car, enjoy yourself here on the site.
Old 11-26-2009, 08:50 AM   #4
homer2004

Drives: Black Camaro 2010
grats and enjoy the car when it comes
homer2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 09:05 AM   #5
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Congrats!!
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 09:15 AM   #6
MI2010Camaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Welcome Jason! Your winter is going to be made even longer now that you're waiting on your own Camaro. Hang with the Camaro5 boards - we'll get you through!
#143575 Delivered 9/14/09
MI2010Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 11:18 AM   #7
BLACK67

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to BLACK67
Congrats!
Dynatech LT headers, Hi flow Cats
MBRP 3" 304 stainless X-pipe exhaust
Fastlane true CAI.
Barton shifter
BLACK67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 12:07 PM   #8
CloudXTC

Drives: 1LT|RS|SIM|M6|BA Stereo
grats and welcome to the nicest people on the internets!

1LT | RS | M6 | SIM | BA Stereo
1000 - [07-23-2009] Order Made at dealer
1100 - [08-04-2009] Preliminary order accepted
2000 - [08-25-2009] Accepted by GM
3000 - [09-01-2009] Accepted by production control TPW = 10-05-2009
3300 - [09-28-2009] Scheduled for production
3400 - [10-01-2009] Broadcast - Being Built
3800 - [10-13-2009] Produced - Built- VIN 2G1xxx54917
4200 - [10-19-2009] Shipped
5000 - [10-19-2009] Delivered to the dealer
6000 - [10-20-2009] Delivered to the customer

CloudXTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 07:45 PM   #9
stratman2SSRS

Drives: Lingenfelter Camaro
Jason, I like the "go big or go home" ordering the 2SSRS.
That's what i did, and absolutly love the car.
I have taken it out on a road course track, and it performs great!!!
A buddy of mine has a Corvette Z06 and I couldn't believe how well the Camaro did against it. Unfortunatly he left me behind on the straightaways.
So I dropped it off at Lingenfelter a few weeks ago to get it supercharged.
The Z06 will have a mirror full of that car that wants to kill other cars now!
stratman2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 07:49 PM   #10
jwjk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQUALO View Post
Welcome to the addiction, both the site and the car. I know you'll love both, but while you're waiting on your car, enjoy yourself here on the site.
Thank you. You're right, it really is an addiction... and I'm loving it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI2010Camaro View Post
Welcome Jason! Your winter is going to be made even longer now that you're waiting on your own Camaro. Hang with the Camaro5 boards - we'll get you through!
Thanks, and when I got my order # from the dealer the dealership owner actually said, "Oh, time will pass quickly and then you'll be in heaven." Really... just like Christmas Eve just races by for children. I don't think so. LOL! He finally conceded that yes, Einstein was right and time is relative. Right now I'm stuck in slow-mo. Grrrrr. I'll be hanging around here, and thanks for the support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudXTC View Post
grats and welcome to the nicest people on the internets!
I *have* noticed that the people here on Camaro5 are above-average in the nice/help department. It's refreshing to see that while the same questions may be asked several times, even the people posting "Use the Search function" still take time to answer the question. Very cool. I look forward to "hanging with this crew" until my 2SS arrives in the spring!

Jason
Old 11-26-2009, 07:58 PM   #11
jwjk

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratman2SSRS View Post
Jason, I like the "go big or go home" ordering the 2SSRS.
That's what i did, and absolutly love the car.
I have taken it out on a road course track, and it performs great!!!
A buddy of mine has a Corvette Z06 and I couldn't believe how well the Camaro did against it. Unfortunatly he left me behind on the straightaways.
So I dropped it off at Lingenfelter a few weeks ago to get it supercharged.
The Z06 will have a mirror full of that car that wants to kill other cars now!

Awesome! That's good to hear! Yep, I'll admit my friends were NOT shocked to hear I'd ordered a 2SSRS. I strongly believe in the "you get what you pay for" philosophy. I want a car I can believe in. I want it to kick ass. The Camaro does ALL of that for me and more. A very visceral feeling when you drive it.

I don't know if other people "name" their car, but I've already named him. Yep, it's a "him". Don't ask me why. I'll know the name is right the day I see and drive him. Until then I'll keep it "hush hush".

Let me know when you kick that Z06 into the gutter. That's going to feel SO GOOD!
Old 11-27-2009, 04:19 PM   #12
cheaplabor
It the toybox 4 winter

Drives: LSA 68f100 pickup/2010 rs/2ss abm
congrats on the car.. maybe see you around town..i live just a few miles east of okotoks, good choice on the dealer, the green family has always looked after my fleet very well, and nobody beats garry's prices in the parts dept when you purchase there!
cheaplabor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 04:47 PM   #13
jwjk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheaplabor View Post
congrats on the car.. maybe see you around town..i live just a few miles east of okotoks, good choice on the dealer, the green family has always looked after my fleet very well, and nobody beats garry's prices in the parts dept when you purchase there!
I heard good things about High Country Chevrolet, and a friend of mine bought her Chevy truck there. The first time I was there inquiring about the Camaro, I found I knew more about the specs than they did (simply from spending months reading Camaro5 and other forums). Instead of trying to bluff their way through a sale, they laughed and asked me to "sell THEM" the car. Hilarious times! I was asked a lot of questions and they seemed to be listening. Of course, they provided the info re: ordering and what not. Two days after my first visit the sales rep (Terry) called to clarify a point about the LS3 engine that I brought up. He had another customer inquiring about it and wanted to get the facts straight. When I went in to order my Camaro, Terry brought out pictures of his 3rd Gen that he's restoring and we chatted for an hour about good memories, engines and Chevy in general. A very relaxed, no pressure atmosphere.

Curt was especially careful when placing the order in GM's database. Not only did he go through the order line-by-line, but printed out over 20 pages of specs, stats and pictures for me. Again, very relaxed and careful attention to detail.

I'll be chatting with Garry in Parts, of course. Thanks for the good word on them. It puts my mind at ease that they'll look after me AFTER my car arrives, not just before it arrives.

Jason
Old 11-28-2009, 05:04 PM   #14
cheaplabor
It the toybox 4 winter

Drives: LSA 68f100 pickup/2010 rs/2ss abm
they have looked after me good, i have bought several vehicles there on my fleet account and doug is very no b.s. i often waste time trying to get a better price but usually cannot. and like i said garry is unreal sometimes, also no b.s., look forward to seein her arrive, ill be watchin for you bud.
cheaplabor is offline   Reply With Quote