Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 04-12-2012, 05:01 PM   #29
cam99

Drives: 2012 ZL1
I try to behave myself but sometimes... I must also admit there have been times when I've been at a redlight and some thug in a POS that isn't at all worth the risk to destroy him is revving and inching up so I'll inch up and when the light turns I accelerate slowly away while they go tearing up the street. Makes me LOL. When I was younger I didn't turn down a race, now if you aren't worthy, I don't bother.

2012 ZL1 (sold)
JRE 75rwhp kit
catless
ported lsa TB

11.04 @ 128.35
on hoosier drs and skinnies
@ PRP with 1100DA
cam99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:04 PM   #30
USARCPT

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS TF3 LS3
Just so you fine folks are clear, I'm a fan of you Challengers as much as I am of us Camaros; nearly got a Challenger, were it not for the Mrs. and kids wanting a Bumblebee. Matter of fact, I like Mustangs too and sure wouldn't mind a grabber blue and white striped GT500.

Back on task: I don't mind folks having fun, provided it's safe and legal, have a ball I say! But not by way of goading strangers into street races...in afternoon traffic...in the rain. I'd prefer Darwin handle that match up.

Now that my son is eligible for a license, it's funny how one evaluates how one drives from a third person point of view...
Old 04-12-2012, 05:13 PM   #31
Cristoff

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS in Red Jewel
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAR2LT View Post
Just so you fine folks are clear, I'm a fan of you Challengers as much as I am of us Camaros; nearly got a Challenger, were it not for the Mrs. and kids wanting a Bumblebee. Matter of fact, I like Mustangs too and sure wouldn't mind a grabber blue and white striped GT500.

Back on task: I don't mind folks having fun, provided it's safe and legal, have a ball I say! But not by way of goading strangers into street races...in afternoon traffic...in the rain. I'd prefer Darwin handle that match up.

Now that my son is eligible for a license, it's funny how one evaluates how one drives from a third person point of view...
Quote:
So, I looked over (mind you, I'm using the hands free calling feature to coordinate what small items I need to grab on the way home with Mrs. USAR2LT), gave Mr. "Mumsie-and-Daddy-Dearest-cosigned-for-me-because-I-can't-get-credit" a look, and tapped my accelerator.
Who goaded who? Sorry, but you can't call someone to the carpet if you were the instigator in the event. Granted - he bit on the line and swallowed the bait, but it sounds to me like you baited the hook and threw out the line...
Old 04-12-2012, 08:44 PM   #32
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to WheelmanSS
Quote:

Touché!

Now stay off my lawn.
Not gonna lie, but that was an awesome response I can't even comeback at.

Kudos sir, respect.
- Kooks Stepped Headers, Magnaflow 16580
- Suspension by Pfadt, Hotchkis.

2007 Trailblazer SS- Sold
2001 Trans Am WS6 431 RWHP 408 RWTQ - Sold
1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold
WheelmanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:30 AM   #33
bmwdon
I refuse to go smurfy

Drives: 2009 Challenger SRT8, 2010 Camaro
that's the one (or two) things that keep me from acting dumb....my kids in the car. don't want to endanger them or see me doing that kind of crap!

-Bill...the Camaro was my wifes, now she's got a minivan
Challenger- 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Procharger D1 Supercharger: 10.895 @ 126.720 MPH
bmwdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:34 AM   #34
LonghornLove
My Grille so Icey

Drives: Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Preface: I've been fortunate to never see competitor models (Challengers, Mustangs, etc.) attempt to goad me into some form of rolling Thunderdome match-ups.

Until yesterday.

I'm in the left lane of a three-laned expressway, with the intention of entering the left turn lane about a mile up ahead. Cars don't usually creep up alongside at the same speed as you and stay there. Somebody sure did yesterday.

Mr. Gray Challenger, with some young buck with a backwards-facing ballcap who loved to slouch down low in his left seat, thought I'd be game for his antics just because I drive a Camaro.

You know, because folks only buy Camaros so they can beat their chests like gorillas with other folks who drive Challengers and Mustangs. (That's sarcasm in case it's not obvious.)

So, I looked over (mind you, I'm using the hands free calling feature to coordinate what small items I need to grab on the way home with Mrs. USAR2LT), gave Mr. "Mumsie-and-Daddy-Dearest-cosigned-for-me-because-I-can't-get-credit" a look, and tapped my accelerator.

Oh, the look on his face! Off he went, still around the speed limit, but well on his way to blasting past a safe operating speed for the conditions (it was raining). Dingbat probably didn't know what to think as I made a nice brake + left turn signal. He sailed on past, running a red light in the process. He got a nice horn blast from the people starting to advance.

Good situational awareness, stupid.

Lucky for me, as I made that left turn, I saw another Gen5 Camaro perpendicular to me in his own left-turn lane. We did a "howdy" wave, and I could see the other Camaro driver laughing.

So ends my first - and thus far - only experience with some testosterone-fueled kid who seemed to have a lot to prove and nearly lost it all to someone (me) who really could have cared less. Tragic.

That punk, I hate when they slouch down low in the left seat. I, myself only do it when I'm in the right seat (it's ok if it's the right) when I'm driving.

And when those young bucks have their mommy and daddy cosign because they don't want 18% apr. That just disgusts me!

Oh Yeah,

Cool story bro.

L99
LonghornLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:43 AM   #35
Coyotekiller
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
The DMV does paint those lines. So the aircraft can time you.

I remember those days. No more burnouts or spinning around a corner.
At least when the kids were in the car

What aircraft? Lol. I doubt they would waste their time. And a good pilot uses the marks in the center of the road to clock you, not a single white mark across the road...
Coyotekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:02 AM   #36
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwdon View Post
I'm 38 with two kids.

Maybe we should start our own support group.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:32 AM   #37
bmwdon
I refuse to go smurfy

Drives: 2009 Challenger SRT8, 2010 Camaro
old guys that never grew up?

-Bill...the Camaro was my wifes, now she's got a minivan
Challenger- 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Procharger D1 Supercharger: 10.895 @ 126.720 MPH
bmwdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:42 AM   #38
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SLVRBULIT View Post
a-hole drivers...but you probably shouldn't have provoked the toddler.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndeedSS1 View Post
Just glad the kid you baited didn't hit anyone while speeding through a red light in the rain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
Exactly. Makes the situation more dangerous and both parties less than innocent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
If you could care less then you wouldn't have been egging him on by burping the throttle.

I don't even give those type of people the time of day.
Guys, I think the point was that he needed to get over and the punk wasn't really letting him. So instead of jam on the brakes he go the kid to get the hell out of the way.

At least that's the way I read it.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:43 AM   #39
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Oh, and I'd join the support group but my angels are almost gone.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:54 AM   #40
GhostRS
Veteran

Drives: BLK 2010 2SS/RS
Haha, awesome story
GhostRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:21 AM   #41
UtG

Drives: '11 2SS/RS,'71 Cutlass S Vert,G6 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
What aircraft? Lol. I doubt they would waste their time. And a good pilot uses the marks in the center of the road to clock you, not a single white mark across the road...
They dont waste their time...they catch people...my dad got one a couple years back...was pissed about it. but still got the ticket.
UtG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:30 AM   #42
Coyotekiller
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtG View Post
They dont waste their time...they catch people...my dad got one a couple years back...was pissed about it. but still got the ticket.
It's not like this is on the highway. This is a single white stripe running from on side of the road to the other and it's exactly a quarter mile from where the road begins. Ironic if anything. There are no ghetto birds circling overhead all day, waiting for someone to race. This is a back road in the middle of nowhere. And I'm almost certain that NCHP doesn't have a budget that includes helicopters for traffic...
Coyotekiller is offline   Reply With Quote