Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 07-11-2013, 10:22 AM   #2829
LowLife

Drives: 2017 ZL1
HAPPY B-DAY OLD MAN!
LowLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:09 PM   #2830
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Happy Birthday bro!
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:39 PM   #2831
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Exactly. Thank you.

Now if and when I ever put this car up for sale, it's going to be listed with car fax as being involved in an accident. And when the person looking to buy is says, "well, it's been in a crash,....I'll give you 4k less..." what am I to do then? tell them "ha...yeah, right..." or do I get paid now for that and take the hit later??

I've gotten several, "there's no way you are going to get anything out of that" but truth is, it will hurt the sale since it's going to be listed as in an accident. Ugh...
That's where the police report may have been a mistake. A lot of times (depending on who is involved) it's best to just let the insurance companies take care of it. But for something like a fender replace it can't be that much of a knock down.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:52 PM   #2832
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Happy Birthday!!!!!

JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:37 PM   #2833
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
yeah, my car had a clean carfax when i bought it
after i wrecked at road atlanta, i found out half the right side had been fiberglassed at some point
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:04 PM   #2834
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman09 View Post
Google ways to beat car fax. It used to not be very hard. Used to be title the vehicle out of state then retitle it in Texas poof carfax clean. Again its been about 2 years since I saw that work

Sent from my campfire using smoke signals
Don't want to get too far into it. If it ends up being nothing, I won't worry about it. If someone ever tries to pull certain car fax crap against me, I can probably handle it....ie: no suspension or frame damage...just a simple fender/bumper replace and repaint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowLife View Post
HAPPY B-DAY OLD MAN!
Thanks bud!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
Happy Birthday bro!
Thank you, thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
That's where the police report may have been a mistake. A lot of times (depending on who is involved) it's best to just let the insurance companies take care of it. But for something like a fender replace it can't be that much of a knock down.
True...

I probably should have done the blue form. But this way it's clean cut n' dry clear who's at fault.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
Happy Birthday!!!!!

Thanks Becky!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
yeah, my car had a clean carfax when i bought it
after i wrecked at road atlanta, i found out half the right side had been fiberglassed at some point
Ouch!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:54 AM   #2835
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Ordered a little somethin' somthin' from some good friends on Friday.

Ordered a new rim from Doug at FR today too.

Dropping the car off on Monday to get started with the .... enhancements.

When I get back from the fest, the car should be all buttoned up. I swear...I HATE driving around with the front end all jacked up like this. Freaking irritating... And embarrassing...
Old 07-25-2013, 03:07 AM   #2836
Midnight Rat

Drives: SS 1LE
The good thing is you have photos showing the damage done. So if it does show up on carfax as a accident, you have pictures of what damage was done. It is damage but not major. Most buyers would see that as a minor fender bender than a major accident.
Quote:
Exactly. Thank you.

Now if and when I ever put this car up for sale, it's going to be listed with car fax as being involved in an accident. And when the person looking to buy is says, "well, it's been in a crash,....I'll give you 4k less..." what am I to do then? tell them "ha...yeah, right..." or do I get paid now for that and take the hit later??

I've gotten several, "there's no way you are going to get anything out of that" but truth is, it will hurt the sale since it's going to be listed as in an accident. Ugh...
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:04 AM   #2837
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Ordered a little somethin' somthin' from some good friends on Friday.

Ordered a new rim from Doug at FR today too.

Dropping the car off on Monday to get started with the .... enhancements.

When I get back from the fest, the car should be all buttoned up. I swear...I HATE driving around with the front end all jacked up like this. Freaking irritating... And embarrassing...
Hmmmm some somethin somethin....
Old 07-25-2013, 12:04 PM   #2838
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 1LE View Post
The good thing is you have photos showing the damage done. So if it does show up on carfax as a accident, you have pictures of what damage was done. It is damage but not major. Most buyers would see that as a minor fender bender than a major accident.
Exactly. Don't think I'm going to give anyone a hard time over diminished value. I'll just let it go and if someone tried to give me a hard time over buying, show the pix and tell them either they let it go and deal with it or go find another car...lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Hmmmm some somethin somethin....
Yep. Nothing major like a supercharger. But it's something I thought of in the past that at the time, cost a bit much and I couldn't get.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:14 PM   #2839
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
I swear...I HATE driving around with the front end all jacked up like this. Freaking irritating... And embarrassing...
Yeah I know how you feel, I had a very similar thing happen to my car and I had to drive it around like that for a couple of days. So embarrassing..
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:09 PM   #2840
LowLife

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Exactly. Don't think I'm going to give anyone a hard time over diminished value. I'll just let it go and if someone tried to give me a hard time over buying, show the pix and tell them either they let it go and deal with it or go find another car...lol

Yep. Nothing major like a supercharger. But it's something I thought of in the past that at the time, cost a bit much and I couldn't get.
Hmm
LowLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:45 PM   #2841
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Well... you have a suspension that will make a Z/28 jealous... you have some SWEET wheels & tires... not forced induction... what would it be? hmmmm
Old 07-30-2013, 11:51 PM   #2842
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Car is in the shop as of Monday morning. New wheel and tire have been fixed (thanks, Glen)

Bumper was delivered Monday since it had to be replaced.

Now we go to the fest while the car is getting fixed!

Tags
adjustable camber plates, camarocross, cgm, cyber gray metallic, factory reproductions, hertz, jl audio, litho, pedders, rick-rolled, rodgers chevrolet, stainless works, supercars, tom henry, zl1 bumper