Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 02-20-2010, 04:43 PM   #15
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
Maybe he would prefer a non union built Toyota?
Old 02-20-2010, 06:22 PM   #16
Mac the Knife

Drives: 10 ss/rs 13 ram
rong- i had trouble too with 1st camaro ss/rs rjt, automatic ,58 miles on car and the rear-end ate itself. flatbed to dealer ,says needs complete new rear end, it will be 4 to 5 weeks. ok, give money down back or get me a new one, after lots of phone calls and bitching i got a new one. some will say yea its mechanical so it can break, but i paid near $ 40,000 for it and when its your money on the line it changes your perspective. a bit of advice, give them a chance to make it right before you. it may take that but be clear to them what you want and expect and give them a shot. sorry about your car and know that your not the first, if i can help you pm me
Mac the Knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:29 PM   #17
Sword5

Drives: 2010 2SS
AGREE! Give them a chance to make it right before going off deep end. If you were anything like most members here you wouldn't give up on the car so quick or the company that built it!!
Old 02-20-2010, 08:37 PM   #18
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by R0NG View Post
or it's expected of Canadian Union workers?
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:55 PM   #19
HannoverFist

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Disclaimer; I know R0NG very well, and have for a long time.

He's been wanting one of these Camaros since they were first hinted at ( like many of you) and when the chance finally came he found the one he wanted, only to have it break within the first hour away from the dealership.

Frustrating, as I'm sure you all can agree. Having a dealer that's less than helpful might tend to get ones blood pressure up. He posted here - after I told him of the great resource this place can be - to try and see if anyone had similar problems or solutions, and all many of you folks can do is get upset because your delicate sensibilities are offended.

For those who offered concrete suggestions - Thanks.

HF
HannoverFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:26 PM   #20
HannoverFist

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
FYI, issue resolved - it was a bad crankshaft sensor. Apparently it came apart in the tech's hands during inspection. R&R the sensor, and all is well.

HF
HannoverFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:29 PM   #21
buzzy56
buzzy56

Drives: 2ss summit white L99
Glad your rolling again

Quote:
Originally Posted by HannoverFist View Post
FYI, issue resolved - it was a bad crankshaft sensor. Apparently it came apart in the tech's hands during inspection. R&R the sensor, and all is well.

HF
So glad to hear that you got to the bottom of it and are back on the road.Just makes me feel fortunate that I have not had any issues yet.On the other hand only 452 miles on her and in winter storage right now.Oh well spring is near.Good luck to you and many happy miles ahead.I would have been p---ed too.But onward and forward.Enjoy the ride.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:48 PM   #22
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
all many of you folks can do is get upset because your delicate sensibilities are offended.
It's his own fault. You come on here and post "Should I consider this a fluke, or it's expected of Canadian Union workers?" There was no need for this. Downright rude. Seriously, you've got nerve chastising the responses to this.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:25 AM   #23
ZombieEatsYou

Drives: "Bmblbee" 2010 RY 2SS/RS. VIN 12043
I have 11,600 miles on mine without a single problem or flaw. Should I consider this a fluke, or it's expected of Canadian Union workers?

ZombieEatsYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:28 AM   #24
Hicompression
Rumbly Bumble Bee

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
First of all I feel R0NG's pain and completely understand why he is mad.

Second...a question...is the plant in Oshawa union? I thought it wasn't and that that was why GM put a plant in Canada (to not have to deal with the U.S. unions).
Old 02-24-2010, 11:30 AM   #25
jehartley

Drives: Red LT1 & Silver LS3
Quote:
Disclaimer; I know R0NG very well, and have for a long time.

He's been wanting one of these Camaros since they were first hinted at ( like many of you) and when the chance finally came he found the one he wanted, only to have it break within the first hour away from the dealership.

Frustrating, as I'm sure you all can agree. Having a dealer that's less than helpful might tend to get ones blood pressure up. He posted here - after I told him of the great resource this place can be - to try and see if anyone had similar problems or solutions, and all many of you folks can do is get upset because your delicate sensibilities are offended.

For those who offered concrete suggestions - Thanks.

HF

BS. Don't come on here and defend the guy for his words. He could have simply asked for help without the comment about the Canadian workers. You do realize a lot of people here are from Canada, right? If you think this place is such a great resource, and you told the guy about it, then why would you then get on here and defend him for insulting some of its members?

Delicate sensibilities? Nah, it's called having common courtesy for the people you're around.
jehartley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:43 PM   #26
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Yeah that BS about our northern brothers and sisters was totally uncalled for. They work hard to make good cars but this is not a perfect world and things go wrong.

As long as GM fixes it whats the problem?
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:28 AM   #27
Mac the Knife

Drives: 10 ss/rs 13 ram
glad it was small issue on your car, now go out and hammer it till the grin can't be taken off your face
Mac the Knife is offline   Reply With Quote