Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-01-2012, 09:37 PM   #1
colingordon
Her Name is Mila

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT A6, 2014 Camaro 1LS
Impressive Sound

So at work tonight one of my three managers gave me his new album and since my computer speakers are horrible and that's the only CD player I have I decided to just use my car.... But damn the Boston Acoustics Premium Sound System sounds amazing.... I have listen to it before with my iPhone and XM but it never sounded so good I don't know if it was because I was using a CD or because of the music because I have never listen to his type of music and he makes pretty unique music he is a really great musician....

Bottom line GM did a great job with the sound system!
Old 10-01-2012, 09:39 PM   #2
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by colingordon View Post
So at work tonight one of my three managers gave me his new album and since my computer speakers are horrible and that's the only CD player I have I decided to just use my car.... But damn the Boston Acoustics Premium Sound System sounds amazing.... I have listen to it before with my iPhone and XM but it never sounded so good I don't know if it was because I was using a CD or because of the music because I have never listen to his type of music and he makes pretty unique music he is a really great musician....

I have to agree. The Boston is pretty decent for a factory sound system. Granted it wont be beat out one of the thousands and thousands of dollars ones but for someone like me that rarely uses it its awesome. Good job GM
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:37 PM   #3
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS Black Coupe
The irony in this is that one of the few things about my Camaro I don't like is the Boston system.

I'm totally underwhelmed by it after coming from Mustangs equipped with the Mach sound system from Ford. Granted, the six-disc head unit completely SUCKS, but it put out alot more sound than the Boston system does.

I can listen to a CD well past 30 on the sound level and it's not even remotely loud. Granted, I am a drummer so I may be a little skewed, but to be it doesn't sound that great at all for a system that's supposed to be the "premium" system.
ShowSStopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:03 PM   #4
ajp
50th Anniversary Vert

Drives: Camaro 2017 50th Anniversary
Mine sounded 100x better after I replaced the stock Amp.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:05 PM   #5
flyer08
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Replaced amp and added sub, sounds so much. Better now
flyer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:05 PM   #6
Carls2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowSStopper View Post
The irony in this is that one of the few things about my Camaro I don't like is the Boston system.

I'm totally underwhelmed by it after coming from Mustangs equipped with the Mach sound system from Ford. Granted, the six-disc head unit completely SUCKS, but it put out alot more sound than the Boston system does.

I can listen to a CD well past 30 on the sound level and it's not even remotely loud. Granted, I am a drummer so I may be a little skewed, but to be it doesn't sound that great at all for a system that's supposed to be the "premium" system.

Personally, i think its terrible! As an audio engineer who mixes music for a living, it's the worstIt has an unnatural compression circuit that gets worse with volume
Old 10-01-2012, 11:34 PM   #7
lynxone

Drives: 2012 2ss 45th anniversary edition
Quote:

On xm and your iphone you are listening to mp3's with serious data compression and poor audio quality. Studio quality CD's have better sound by far with a 44.1k sampling rate and 16bit depth with no data compression. As for the Boston Acoustics system...it's decent for a stock system. I won't say it's terrible like some of these other guys but you can spend some serious money on audio equipment if you have a discerning ear... or a half deaf drummer
Old 10-01-2012, 11:57 PM   #8
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
There is a lot of $$$ difference between a sound system that makes you as "OH", and one that makes you say "OH MY!"
Old 10-02-2012, 12:50 AM   #9
CRTZL1
Banned

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Quote:

I'm in total agreement with ya. I myself have owned many mustang's and recently made the switch to camaro and with the exception of the bass department the camaro's Boston acoustic system is superior to that of the mustang. Much cleaner and crisper. I do agree that it could use a woofer and possibly a amp upgrade but for a stock system it's the best I've had to date.
I've had some of the best when it comes to after market stereo systems in previous cars such as eclipse, Xtant, etc......... so I know what good sound, sounds like.
Everybody is different and sound is subjective like anything else but in my opinion the Boston may not be an A+ but it's definitely a B+ !!!!
CRTZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:35 AM   #10
colingordon
Her Name is Mila

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT A6, 2014 Camaro 1LS
Honestly I think it's the CD because I have been listening to strictly iPhone and XM and its been good (defiantly good for stock but no aftermarket) but last night I popped in my managers CD and WOW! Lol the bass was hitting so hard and all of speakers were sounding amazing! It makes me want to download my music to a CD but I don't know if it would be the same quality because his was professionally done in a recording studio plus I hate having a lot of CDs lol I wish you guys could hear this same CD and know exactly what I'm talk about about
Old 10-02-2012, 06:43 AM   #11
mattsfirstSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS/RS L99
you could store the music on your ipod in a lossless uncompressed format. You will lose a TON of space but you wont lose highs and lows in your music anymore...
mattsfirstSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:53 AM   #12
Coyotekiller
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowSStopper View Post

I had the Mach 500 in my 2011 5.0 and that sound system was crap. Distorted horribly when you turned it up a little bit. I'm not sure which mustangs you are talking about though.

Funny thing is, I had the Mach 1000 in my '04 GT and that was easily the best sound system I have ever heard in a factory car. Most bass heavy songs would make it hard to breathe in the car lol. And the regular door speakers didn't distort until you got to ridiculously high volumes. Loved that car for that. But damn weren't it slow lol.
Coyotekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:59 AM   #13
Zorns

Drives: ?
I understand the 2013 doesn't even come with a CD player. Is that true?
Zorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:47 AM   #14
SnowVert

Drives: Inferno Orange 2013 SS/RS LS3 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorns View Post
I understand the 2013 doesn't even come with a CD player. Is that true?
Yes. Old technology, going the way of the tape player and 8-track...
SnowVert is offline   Reply With Quote