Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-27-2008, 08:15 PM   #57
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
Delay or not...I'll still buy when it comes out.

The longer the wait...the bigger the down payment!

It does bum me out tough! I really want the Camaro as soon as possible but I'll take a delay to get the car!
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 08:19 PM   #58
Pushing_Tin

Drives: 2007 Honda Accord V6 Coupe
Interesting discussion about this situation here:

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/che...p=all#comments
Pushing_Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 08:30 PM   #59
RallyFever

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Nothing else will do for me.
I want it right NOW but will wait as long as it takes.

SO, go ahead, doubters: buy you challys, rustangs and imports.
Do me a favor though, send me a photo of my tail lamps since you"ll have a better view than I!!!!!
RallyFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 08:49 PM   #60
CamaroEnergy4Life
CamaroEnergy4Life

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z28
I've waited this long for the Camaro, i'm certainly not giving up now. This car is my heart, soul, and my dream. Hopefully everything works out for GM.

For the people thinking about canceling - WTF!!! betrayers...
CamaroEnergy4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 09:34 PM   #61
Steve
Ancalagon The Black

Drives: 2013 Silverado 4X4, 2010 RJT 1SS
Bravo CamaroPete! +1

If people are willing to jump ship, or even to start a bitch session about GM because of something that happens several times a year, let them go. The line will just get shorter for those buying in the near future.

Up until about four months ago I worked in the industry that supported the "first and second tier" suppliers to the automotive industry, in addition to many other industries using automation. Tooling is typically custom all together, or at the very least, in the case of plastic injection, to a specific injection machine. So finding another vendor to make the part is not just a phone call away. However, I am sure GM saw this coming and was already securing another supplier with the same type of machinery. If this vendor liquidates then the new potential supplier may be able to pick up the machinery fairly cheep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
Wow. I have been sitting here for some time reading this thread (along with another one on this topic) and struggling with typing a response. And once I decided to type something, I have edited it about 10 times. I know no matter how I type this someone is going to jump all over it. Oh well. Here goes.

I thought people were Camaro enthusiasts on here. Yet, people start to jump all over the Camaro and GM every time some little bump comes up in the road. We haven't heard anything officially from GM on any delay in production yet some people are saying they are considering cancelling their orders. Amazing.

I have been waiting for 20+ years for this car and frankly waiting a month longer (or even 2 or 3) isn't going to kill me. I want THIS car. I want a Camaro. I don't want a Challenger or a Mustang or a Hyundai. In fact, if they decide not to make the Camaro I probably won't buy anything.

So to GM (and those on here that work for GM), keep your heads down and keep working. I am buying this car no matter when you bring it out. And I am sure that lots of other die-hard Camaro fans will do the same. And for the fake Camaro fans on here, go cancel your orders and get your Challengers and Mustangs. I will be the one laughing at you when your head turns when I drive by.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 09:42 PM   #62
Steve
Ancalagon The Black

Drives: 2013 Silverado 4X4, 2010 RJT 1SS
It's quite obvious that "rochskier" and "ronin" of that forum have no marketing concept or experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushing_Tin View Post
Interesting discussion about this situation here:

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/che...p=all#comments
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 09:43 PM   #63
SAE05
inconspicuous observer

Drives: 05 GTO
Delphi has been C11 since 10-05 and they are still supplying parts to GM. Cadence Innovation filed C7, liquidation. Based on GM’s paying practices and terms of agreement I doubt CI has gotten paid fully for the tooling.

The learning curve for production parts is done when the PPAP, production part approval process, is submitted and released. Based on GM's time table for production, this must be complete 6 months prior to production.

Just moving the tooling to another supplier requires an extensive amount of work then, a PPAP submittal with qualifying dimensional data, passing environmental and destructive test data, and grain appearance approval to qualify the new suppliers processes for manufacturing these trim parts. This is standard practice when any supplier change is done.

A filing of C11 does not move an OE to change suppliers but obviously C7 will. It takes up to 6 months to get a supplier certified within the GM guidelines that they hold their suppliers to. They may do an interim PPAP to speed things up. That usually get you lots of early warranty TSB’s. That risk is lower with trim.

To make headlines like this is a big deal.

Old 12-27-2008, 10:00 PM   #64
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Threads Merged.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 10:51 PM   #65
bobscogin

Drives: 2016 Challenger R/T, 1965 Impala SS
Quote:
I thought people were Camaro enthusiasts on here. Yet, people start to jump all over the Camaro and GM every time some little bump comes up in the road.
You won't find a more loyal Camaro enthusiast than the one sitting at this keyboard. I bought my first one in 1967 when they were new. However, that enthusiasm should not blind us to the problems being encountered that could derail the Camaro's production schedule. Expressing concerns about them isn't meant as a slam to GM, Chevy, or the Camaro. The problems are real and they affect the future of Camaro. As such, they are an appropriate discussion for this forum. Those here who would use those problems as an excuse to go buy a Mustang, Challenger, or whatever, well -- so be it. It's there loss.

Bob
bobscogin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 11:06 PM   #66
leatherneck

Drives: yellow/bl. hood stripes-ss/rs
I agree Steve...

I looked at that forum. those are plain out camaro haters not knowledgeable car fans.

and the thing that got me most is them talking that people wont get financed---pure hog wash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my credit score is 625 not real good but better than aklot -- they said no banks will finance anyone --again pure hogwash!!!!!!!!!!!!!

did they forget GM does its own financing and has dozens of banks to go thru---my dealer knows my credit score i ordered a ss-and he immediately said he would get me financed.. and if youre willing to pay the extra interest--you cant get 100s of finance companys to finance you--they will take your money --im getting an 84 month loan at about 7% interest my payments will be between 500 and 600---if im being taken to the cleaners in finance charges so be it--i want the camaro and ill have the camaro no matter how i gotta finance it.. if youre paying 37.000 for a car you want why the heck do you worry about finance charges over the length of the loan

those guys have no idea what they are talking about when they posted things like no banks will finance them and dfid they forget thsat Gm was made a bank holder by the federal reserve and has access to the 700 billion dollars oof bank bail out money whick greatly an i do mean greatly inmproves trhe financing capabilties of Gm for not only its dealerships but its consumers alike
leatherneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 11:32 PM   #67
XAnimal
Just in time

Drives: MRAP, M-1151 (Humvee)
Send a message via AIM to XAnimal
Quote:
Wow. I have been sitting here for some time reading this thread (along with another one on this topic) and struggling with typing a response. And once I decided to type something, I have edited it about 10 times. I know no matter how I type this someone is going to jump all over it. Oh well. Here goes.

I thought people were Camaro enthusiasts on here. Yet, people start to jump all over the Camaro and GM every time some little bump comes up in the road. We haven't heard anything officially from GM on any delay in production yet some people are saying they are considering cancelling their orders. Amazing.

I have been waiting for 20+ years for this car and frankly waiting a month longer (or even 2 or 3) isn't going to kill me. I want THIS car. I want a Camaro. I don't want a Challenger or a Mustang or a Hyundai. In fact, if they decide not to make the Camaro I probably won't buy anything.

So to GM (and those on here that work for GM), keep your heads down and keep working. I am buying this car no matter when you bring it out. And I am sure that lots of other die-hard Camaro fans will do the same. And for the fake Camaro fans on here, go cancel your orders and get your Challengers and Mustangs. I will be the one laughing at you when your head turns when I drive by.

That Fake camaro fan comment hurt my heart, From what I'm reading and my own personal situation ( IE No car when I return from iraq) a delay puts alot of us in tough spots, leases running out, etc ,etc. I want my camaro more than anything but if there is a 2-3 month delay I may have to get something else possibly a beater and delay buying my camaro till next year or sooner IDK, I already had to jump through hoops to get one ordered out here and If someones want an american muscle car and the camaro gets delayed you can't fault people for going for the next best thing.

We are not betrayers or jumping ship, but someone of us can't realisticly just wait for it, Sure I'll get one eventually if that happens but I'd have to get something else when I get back if there is a delay and then I'd have to save money again

I'm not canceling my order or anything like that I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that if there is a delay it isn't more than a few weeks

I'M HOME from Iraq, can't wait for my Black on Black 2LT RS 2010 Camaro
XAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 11:35 PM   #68
leatherneck

Drives: yellow/bl. hood stripes-ss/rs
i might add...

i might add that a little over 5 an a half years ago when my credit score was under 600 i bought a jeep grand cherokee 33.000 over a 6 year loan--did i get takento the cleaners in finance charges???? you bet you backside i did!!!!!!!!!!!--gut at the deakership i had my grand cherokee in 20 minutes---its pure stupity to say as they did on that forum that people wont get financed-

what they are reaqlly saying is anyone that around 620 can get financed but theyll pay more---orrrrrrr they are sayting they wint accept financing if it costs them 2 or 3000 more--thats what they are saying---- just about anyone can get financed if the want to pay the steep finance charges-- anyoneeeeeeeeeeeee

GM is certainly gonna do everything possible to all customers financed everything possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!--they need the sale as much as we want the car.-- like i said --i myself want this --i will have my camaro no matter what kind of financing im forced to accept
leatherneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 11:50 PM   #69
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Some little bump? GM getting loans, losing suppliers...these are just little bumps? People are paying over 20,000 for this car...most of us are in the 35k+ range on this car. I'm sorry but when I'm spending this much money I expect it to be everything it was promised to be. There's a line between brand loyalty and making an intelligent purchase...
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 01:34 AM   #70
GLBL WMR
Booya

Drives: Black 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:

Wow.. stay classy. Guess what - there are other people that are not in the same situation as you. Some need a car (their only car) as a daily driver, and cannot wait for an indefinite amount of time. So this makes us fake? Right. I put a deposit down a year ago and I was at my dealership at 8:00 am the first day I could place my order. Were you? Just because some want to step back and weigh their options before making the 2nd biggest purchase of their lives, don't feel obligated to get all high and mighty.

This makes us betrayers? Grow up.

I am not a blind GM enthusiast that will defend their shortcomings to the bitter end, I have priorities that go beyond what I drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoutFiles
Some little bump? GM getting loans, losing suppliers...these are just little bumps? People are paying over 20,000 for this car...most of us are in the 35k+ range on this car. I'm sorry but when I'm spending this much money I expect it to be everything it was promised to be. There's a line between brand loyalty and making an intelligent purchase...
+1

God forbid we expect a company to deliver on schedule after throwing them a lifeline.