Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 01-10-2011, 12:58 PM   #365
Jessika
Account Suspended

Drives: Anything Blown
Can you send me the firmware version?
There may be an update that I can walk you through to update the tool in a manual kinda way. But the tuner said that if it shows the GXP it may already be updated (although, isnt the GXP older?)
Jessika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:58 PM   #366
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Cool. That's the thig that has me leary of it. I got all the way to that point but the GXP thing freaked me out. If they say that's normal, I'm good. Thanks.

I did that. It won't find the drivers, and the SCT website is no help at all.
You might try a different USB port. Drivers are sometimes installed to a particular port and if the one you're using is not cooperating, then sometimes a different port will.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:00 PM   #367
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessika@Magnacharger View Post
Can you send me the firmware version?
There may be an update that I can walk you through to update the tool in a manual kinda way. But the tuner said that if it shows the GXP it may already be updated (although, isnt the GXP older?)
Unit says 1.2.119 for FW version.

Tune Version, 1.0.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
You might try a different USB port. Drivers are sometimes installed to a particular port and if the one you're using is not cooperating, then sometimes a different port will.
Got two in the front. Tried both. I'll try the ones in the back too.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:10 PM   #368
Jessika
Account Suspended

FW version is good, but that tune is almost the original file -- But it is the camaro file. The tuner suggested getting it updated but I know you cant do that until you can connect the SCT.

Im waiting on a call back to see if I can email you the drivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Got two in the front. Tried both. I'll try the ones in the back too.
This might be the quote of the week!
Old 01-10-2011, 01:20 PM   #369
Jessika
Account Suspended

OK, got a couple ideas for you...
Have you downloaded the SCT software program? If not that is the problem. Go to that link and enter your serial number. The next screen should have an option for downloading the program.

Then you need to either delete the SCT driver (again) or get it to resync via Start>control panel>System>system properties>hardware>device manager...
Old 01-10-2011, 01:20 PM   #370
jsharp
NOW CAMMED & SUPERCHARGED

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black w/ IOM
That is a good qoute!
Livernois Motorsports: Maggie 2300 7psi, Livernois 2C cam/L99 to LS3 Conversion, Ported TB, Rotofab w/adm race scoop, adm trans cooler,Kooks headers no cats, Kooks 3" exhaust. METCO breather. Precision 2400 Vigilante TC. Eibach Lowering Springs & Swaybars. BMR Trailing arms, BMR Rear Cradle Bushings, BMR Toe Rods, BMR Differential bushings. Vossen CV3 20's w/ 305 Mickey Thompson @25psi. Zl1 front bumper. OE Zl1 Hood and matte black insert. 556RWHP/500RWTQ L99
jsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:21 PM   #371
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
FW version is good, but that tune is almost the original file -- But it is the camaro file. The tuner suggested getting it updated but I know you cant do that until you can connect the SCT.

Im waiting on a call back to see if I can email you the drivers.

This might be the quote of the week!
I can connect it to the car. I just can't connect it to the computer. I wanted to connect to the computer so I could have you guys look at it and verify it's a MagnaCharger tune for an L99.

But if I can get the drivers that would be awesome.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:32 PM   #372
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Hey PQ fly Jessika to Alabama and let her install it

Sorry Jessika I know the thought of going to Alabama probably scares the $hit out of you but im just trying to Help out pq or atleast give him a laugh the poor guy is going through hell so it seems.
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:33 PM   #373
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post

Sorry Jessika I know the thought of going to Alabama probably scares the $hit out of you but im just trying to Help out pq or atleast give him a laugh the poor guy is going through hell so it seems.
Well, it's done. Just need a fuel line.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:38 PM   #374
Jessika
Account Suspended

Quote:
OK, got a couple ideas for you...
Have you downloaded the SCT software program? If not that is the problem. Go to that link and enter your serial number. The next screen should have an option for downloading the program.

Then you need to either delete the SCT driver (again) or get it to resync via Start>control panel>System>system properties>hardware>device manager...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post

Actually, I lived in Alabama for 3 1/2 years, just for the fun of it. Then got bored one day and moved back to California. I liked it there, and probably would move back if it wasnt for the tornados and hurricanes.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:55 PM   #375
robertway

Drives: 2012 Challenger SRT8 Auto
PQ, awesome job, as much as a pain in the arse this has been, when all is said and done you can open the hood and say "I installed that!!!"... Good luck with the fuel line and please be sure to videotape the first time you turn the key and somehow get the look on your face when you do and a shot of Bonnie standing by with the fire extinguisher

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin

LS3 Camshaft Swap Do-It-Yourself Instructions - 2010 LS3 gone but not forgotten!!!
robertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 02:27 PM   #376
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Actually, I lived in Alabama for 3 1/2 years, just for the fun of it. Then got bored one day and moved back to California. I liked it there, and probably would move back if it wasnt for the tornados and hurricanes.
i can see how it's easy to get bored - depending on where you lived
...compared to CA, at least

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertway View Post
PQ, awesome job, as much as a pain in the arse this has been, when all is said and done you can open the hood and say "I installed that!!!"... Good luck with the fuel line and please be sure to videotape the first time you turn the key and somehow get the look on your face when you do and a shot of Bonnie standing by with the fire extinguisher
i can just see it now
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 02:40 PM   #377
Jessika
Account Suspended

Did you download the software? Did it work?
Old 01-10-2011, 02:46 PM   #378
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertway View Post
I definitely underestimated the 'Used' factor on the install. But Tim hooked me up at such a good price I'll never complain. Little stuff that was used on the first install. And the tuning question. I'm pretty happy overall.

VERY happy. It was fun to do. If I had bought a knew one, I would have had more fun/less problems, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat.