Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-22-2015, 03:00 PM   #1
mydreamcar
My Dream Car

Drives: 2011 SIM LS3 1SS
Traction control button issue

Hey everyone, need some help. Trying to track down a problem. My traction control button is not lit. When you turn the key the proper lights for the system do show on the console and go off. But when I press the button the tc will not turn off or go into comp mode. The button must be getting power because of I have lights wired into the tc and the lights work. I checked the fuse box I don't see any blown fuses unless I am not looking at the right fuse. Let me know if you have suggestion on something I missed
Old 02-22-2015, 03:45 PM   #2
tomlink

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
Send a message via Skype™ to tomlink
A few things, "My traction control button is not lit". The only lighting on the button itself is backlighting when the interior lighting is on. Do you really mean the indicators on the dash? Assuming that is the case, lets move on to the next statement: "I have lights wired into the tc". That is where I'd look for a problem, that somehow your mod disconnected the switch. Pull it apart and give it a look.
tomlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 04:10 PM   #3
mydreamcar
My Dream Car

Yes the backlighting is not on. When I press the switch the tc does not turn off, I had not considered my lighting to be the possible issue since they all worked before hand , switch and lights . It's a recent issue. But I will give that a look over. Thanks
Old 02-22-2015, 07:56 PM   #4
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by mydreamcar View Post
I had not considered my lighting to be the possible issue since they all worked before hand...
That would be exactly why you should suspect the problem is in the wiring. Let me clarify: Everything works, you monkey with the wiring, stuff no longer works.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 05:29 AM   #5
mydreamcar
My Dream Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
That would be exactly why you should suspect the problem is in the wiring. Let me clarify: Everything works, you monkey with the wiring, stuff no longer works.
Actually let me clarify better, I had already wired into the tc button a year ago,with no issues. Now with that being said could something gotten loose , sure. I did not think to go there however becuase my lights worked still and just reasoned power is there so switch must be okay. But maybe the connection from the switch itself is broken but my wire is still hot(working) which would make sense as to when I press the button I get no ability to turn off the tc. Let's see won't be able to look at car until friday