Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-04-2013, 01:45 PM   #1
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
JRE 415 Street Package (Dynatech headers) + Dynatech Cat-Back Exhausts -Novice Review

Yesterday was the day. I got my car back last night and boy… it was like Christmas. I did the JRE 415 Street Package with the Dynatech long tube headers, Cold Air Inductions intake, and custom tune. Plus the Dynatech cat-back exhausts system. WOW, what a beast. I’ve never had headers on a car before… now I know what I've been missing!

Here is my review from a novice point of view.

I did not do the install but had it done from a guy that makes his living restoring classics and old hot rods, with an emphasis on Corvettes. He commented several times on the quality and the ease of install on this kit. Only thing he said he did different was adding small wire ties to the O2 extension cable clips. He stated he just liked another style clip better that has an extra catch on it.

At start up this thing is LOUD, but sounds awesome. The crackle sound heard inside the car from the engine, once you return to idle is a ‘like it’, or ‘hate it’ kind of thing. Plus after ten seconds each time it goes away. I like it, sounds mean to me.

While driving it sounds awesome! I tried all different rpm ranges in sixth gear and could not detect any drone. I drove it 40 minutes to work this morning with the cruise set to 74mph (~1800rpms) and only heard a real nice rumble from the back. You could easily have a normal conversation. I did notice something about my own driving... I have a led foot. Driving like I normally do… I never realized how often I’m pushing into the 3500-4000 rpm range.

I want to give thanks to Kris (at JRE) for helping me out with my order and Ted for my custom tune and offering such an awesome performance package!! Also major props to Dynatech for a DRONE FREE system!!

I should have pictures soon from my installer. I thought about doing a video but the video Ted and Gary B did pretty much sums it up and I know I couldn’t make a better one! Here is their video:

Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:45 PM   #2
Jay_LHD3

Reserved for photos!
Old 03-04-2013, 01:50 PM   #3
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Awesome Review Thank you for Choosing JRE 415 Street Package.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:08 PM   #4
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Drives: 2011 Forged LS3 Supercharged/Cammed
That thing sounds AWESOME!!
Old 03-04-2013, 07:54 PM   #5
labago

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Cool, thanks for the review. That is the package I hope to purchase soon, minus the cat-back exhausts system. Do you notice the increase in power? Mine has been under a cover since December. I'm wanting to add that package before I pull her out this spring.
labago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:19 PM   #6
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Yep, I know how you feel, let's see them pics.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:32 PM   #7
Jay_LHD3

Quote:
Originally Posted by labago View Post
Cool, thanks for the review. That is the package I hope to purchase soon, minus the cat-back exhausts system. Do you notice the increase in power? Mine has been under a cover since December. I'm wanting to add that package before I pull her out this spring.
Honestly, I'm still getting use to the new RUMBLE that I have not tried to break the rear end loose yet! Once my senses have a chance to adjust to the new sound I'll be ready to have a little fun!

:biggrin1:
Old 03-04-2013, 08:41 PM   #8
Bear

Drives: 2015 Green Flash 2SS M6
Want!!
Old 03-04-2013, 08:42 PM   #9
labago

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
labago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:30 AM   #10
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by labago View Post
Thank you for considering JRE 415 RWHP Street Package.

This Package produces 40 More RWHP and 45 More RWTQ then the Stock LS3 or L99.

This Graph shows Stock at the bottom, Parts no tune in the middle, Parts and JRE tune up top

Blue is HP
Red is Torque
Black is AFR.

Ted.
Attached Images

Old 03-05-2013, 11:51 AM   #11
nukemustang

Drives: 2017 Raptor, 2017 SS
Ted, does the AFR being a little higher at idle cause the exhaust to smell a little "richer" than before installing the LTs, and HF cats?? I have noticed if I start the car in the garage (of course with the door open) and let it idle before i drive it, I notice the exhaust smell more than i remember.Thanks, Tim

SOLD:2016 2SS Red Hot Convertible with black metallic rally stripes
SOLD:2011 Silver Ice Metallic 1SS/RS Convertible. Completed modifications: installed factory HUD, deleted AFM/DOD, Dynatech LT coated headers with high flow cats, Solo Cat back exhaust, CAI inc. intake, Vmax ported TB, SIM quarter flares/splash guards, steering wheel radio controls, PDIM iPod interface in center console, RX catch can, JRE cold air scoop, windshield washer bottle relocation.
nukemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:54 AM   #12
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukemustang View Post
Ted, does the AFR being a little higher at idle cause the exhaust to smell a little "richer" than before installing the LTs, and HF cats?? I have noticed if I start the car in the garage (of course with the door open) and let it idle before i drive it, I notice the exhaust smell more than i remember.Thanks, Tim
The AFR is not higher or lower at Idle cruise or anytime the computer is in Closed Loop.

The Factory cats do smell different than aftermarket Cats, High flow cats take longer to come up to temp and start working.

Ted.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:54 AM   #13
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
sounds good congrats on the upgrade.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:07 PM   #14
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Congrats, I know exactly how you feel, Jannetty Racing kicks azz