Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Old 06-20-2009, 05:40 PM   #1
Restroom
Screw it; buying a Vette

Drives: '08 Corvette C6 Coupe (A6)
Exclamation Ed Bozarth Chevy Gouging To The Tune Of Ten Grand

Not that it's been easy getting my hands on a Camaro here in Colorado, but in case anyone else is looking, stay clear of Ed Bozarth. These suckers have the brass balls to tell me they're ready to submit an order and first of all ask for two grand down before they even do that. Since the salesman said he wasn't prepared to pay me interest on that two grand, he cut it and went away for a few minutes to see how much they felt like gouging me for. Comes back with a printout upon which is Sharpied a $10,000 "market adjustment" over and above sticker. Needless to say we walked right out at that point, leaving the salesman gaping like a bass; apparently they expect their customers to be okay with this kind of treatment.

This was the Chevy dealer in Park Meadows, in case anyone's taking notes. I'll never set foot in any of their lots again, and I hope none of you will make the same mistake either.
Restroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 06:05 PM   #2
vdevine

Drives: 2010 Black SS
See other threads, same subject.

Also, there are threads of those within MSRP.
3800 Born: 25 May VIN#12136
6000 Mine 26 June 2009
SLP Loudmouth II, NOWEEDS, BMR 1.4/1.0 Lowering Springs, Cold Air Inductions Intake, Tune, Eagle Eyes w HID, SLP "SS" Grille Insert, Pistol Grip Shifter, Hawk PC Pads, RGB Scanner, Tint, Headlight Armor, Clear Bra, 22's.
vdevine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 06:09 PM   #3
Restroom
Screw it; buying a Vette

Eh, sorry to duplicate. I remember a thread for preorder gouging but I was so shocked that in this economy a major dealer's this unapologetically gouging I figured I'd start my own. Mods feel free to blow this away if you see fit.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:23 PM   #4
billb

Drives: White 2 S
i BOUGHT MY 2 S FOR STICKER no down payment 1.3% finance no erenst money out the door 3 weeks from order at Ed Bozarth. i dont know who you delt with but it was a real suprise when they called me in texas and said my car was in flew home on that friday and drove it off.
billb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 10:02 PM   #5
Restroom
Screw it; buying a Vette

Well, it doesn't matter who I dealt with, because the whole damn shop is crooked enough to even let one of their salesmen try to pull that kind of crap. They had my phone number, and nobody even bothered to call and apologise. I will not be treated like that by any two-bit car dealer, and there's no excuse anyone can possibly offer for that kind of bold-faced disrespect for a customer. I've purchased more new cars in my life than is probably reasonable, and I've never walked out the door paying more than I felt I had to, and in no case was that figure the sticker price, let alone more. The one time I got too excited and impatient and was prepared to even go to sticker, this pack of liars tries to pull a stunt like this after I'd told them beforehand I wasn't paying over sticker and they try to bend me over for a net of a third the car's value.

Remember, this was many months ago. There are already a dozen used Camaros on lots around the metro area. Whatever made you think you got a deal paying not only sticker, but finance on top of it, I can't figure out. I really hope you do enjoy the car, but I took my money elsewhere, and for about six grand less than that 2SS' sticker I landed an '08 C6 coupe with 10k on the odo and most of its warranty left, and I bet you, no, I guarantee you I'm enjoying mine more. And to prove me wrong you'd have to be able to catch me, which that 2SS isn't going to be doing anytime soon :>
Old 10-20-2009, 07:14 PM   #6
billb

That would be fun but mine is going to texas with me for the winter. Oh yea you will be parked in the snow. 12,000 miles in 2 months on mine chipped exaust and tuned 546 hp to the ground- lets play. oh i forgot for a sec you are stuck in the snow. so sorry for you. well in the spring i will be in castle rock for a couple of months maby then i can let my car teach yours how to run.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:54 AM   #7
i007spectre

Drives: 2016 2SS, 2008 HHR ECTO-2H
No problems at the Topeka Ed Bozarth.
i007spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 08:41 PM   #8
Restroom
Screw it; buying a Vette

Castle Rock, eh? There's a nice stretch out in the south end of town where the old Ford dealer was, runs up next to 25. Of course, tempted as I might be by the offer, I'm not about to tempt DCPD into hauling away one or both of our machines, but there's always Test & Tune at Bandimere.
Old 11-13-2009, 02:09 PM   #9
MickGIS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Black,White Stripes
Send a message via Skype™ to MickGIS
2010 2SS From Ed Bozarth

I bought a 2010 2SS, 6 speed manual, Black w/White Stripes from Ed Bozarth at Park Meadows, CO on Saturday, November 7th for MSRP + $500

Their first quote on Friday was MSRP + $7,000 I told them I had to sleep on it and would call them on Saturday. Saturday morning I called around and found a few dealers in Colorado (pretty far from where I live) who said they would sell at MSRP; I told Ed Bozarth on Saturday afternoon if they could match selling at MSRP I would be there in 10 minutes to buy. Of course the salesman had to check with his manager, so he called back and said they would sell for MSRP + $1,000, I told them no match MSRP. The salesman called back after a few minutes and said they would sell MSRP + $500…well close enough for me and I closed the deal.

Click picture below for an 8 photo album.
MickGIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 09:55 PM   #10
Restroom
Screw it; buying a Vette

Wow, how generous. There are used Camaros all over lots and they still won't move any under sticker. I wonder how much the lying sons of bitches are paying people to post in this thread.
Old 11-14-2009, 02:48 AM   #11
mtcwby
High on "The Camaro Life"

Drives: 2010 2SS, IOM, LS3, Vortech, LG cam
Send a message via AIM to mtcwby
Quote:
Originally Posted by billb View Post
That would be fun but mine is going to texas with me for the winter. Oh yea you will be parked in the snow. 12,000 miles in 2 months on mine chipped exaust and tuned 546 hp to the ground- lets play. oh i forgot for a sec you are stuck in the snow. so sorry for you. well in the spring i will be in castle rock for a couple of months maby then i can let my car teach yours how to run.
Dream on, no way you are putting 546 to the ground with just a tune and exhaust. You must have forgotten to say supercharged or you must think we are stupid.
Old 11-14-2009, 08:10 AM   #12
MickGIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restroom View Post
Wow, how generous. There are used Camaros all over lots and they still won't move any under sticker. I wonder how much the lying sons of bitches are paying people to post in this thread.
Are you calling me a lying SOB? All I did was describe my experience, if you want to give a home to a used Camaro go for it but if I felt my time invested ( a few hours, you know how they drag it out) was worth the $500 over MSRP, well that is my decision. If you take offence to that so be it but you should restrain your immature sniping.

Oh and don't get me wrong car sales people are lying SOBs.

Last edited by MickGIS; 11-14-2009 at 05:05 PM.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:54 PM   #13
MickGIS

Oil Change At Ed Bozarth On County Line Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dire Wolf View Post
... I guantee if I go down there that the oli change isn't going to be under $34.95.
Dire Wolf I bought my 2SS Camaro from Ed Bozarth on County Line Road so got a slight discount on my oil change but it still cost $78.39
Old 12-24-2009, 07:14 PM   #14
billb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtcwby View Post
Dream on, no way you are putting 546 to the ground with just a tune and exhaust. You must have forgotten to say supercharged or you must think we are stupid.
oh yea nos is a wonderfull thing minor brain fart