Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 04-18-2009, 07:33 AM   #15
Boogie832
12-08-08 Arrived 06-02-09

Drives: 1967 Camaro Richmond5-speed
The real issue here is.............Most are wanting to be the first in their area seen driving the new Camaro! It is disappointing to think your Camaro may just be another Camaro. The new Camaro will be a flooded market in the near future. I just hope and pray mine gets here before hundreds are all over Polk county and the state of Florida! I do still count on mine arriving soon. I still plan on waiting it out, but would like to (at the least) be in the first few! And......, I wait!

Ordered 2SS/RS IOM,12/08/08.
Arrived at Dealer 06-02-09
Brought Home! 06-09-09
Boogie832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 07:47 AM   #16
wantonebad09

Drives: hot clean mint
I didn't order and i am hoping to grab one at a local dealer.
And guess what i think i'm getting the 6 it will be kinda cool for a daily driver.
Goodluck everyone!
wantonebad09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 08:01 AM   #17
TomServo

Drives: 2007 Z06
Interesting state of affairs if true.
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 08:05 AM   #18
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
My dealer is getting four non-ordered cars for the unveiling.....I can't wait to go beat the shit out of one of those V6 cars!
Haha!
Old 04-18-2009, 08:11 AM   #19
towmoe

Drives: IBM 2010 Camaro
Try another dealer. I called another dealer yesterday who said he had allocation for a couple of cars (with no customer) that should be pulled in the next couple of weeks. He said I could have one if I wanted I just need to put some money down. I told him I would not put any money down until the car gets pulled. I said I'm already on another dealers list and don't want to be on another one. So, he agreed. I told him what I wanted ordered (2SS SIM, Gray Int, w/CGM Stripes) and he said once the order gets pulled I can come and put money down on it and its mine. I'm a little skeptical but I have nothing to lose. If he calls me with an ordered car to my specs and lets me have it then great. If not I go with my first dealer.

All that said, if the new dealer can get the car before my first dealer after just calling him on April 17, when I "pre-ordered" with my first dealer on Oct 15 the something is SERIOUSLY wrong with the whole "pre-order" process and we (pre-orderers) have been getting screwed.

I will let everyone know if this actually works out with the new dealer.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:19 AM   #20
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
My dealer is getting four non-ordered cars for the unveiling.....I can't wait to go beat the shit out of one of those V6 cars!
That is the exact reason we are not test driving our NY Mets display car.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:20 AM   #21
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLBL WMR View Post
Seriously, the way the pre-order scenario is unfolding is re-god-damn-diculous. It really is patronizing to the people who ordered in October and are still sitting at 1100 if they are churning out several show cars per dealer - that makes no sense. I can see one car per dealer taking priority, but that's it. I know that once I finally get my car, I will still look back on the way that they handled the pre-order process and general launch with disappointment.
Relax everyone. Some dealers are "pooling" their cars together for unveilings. It's a smart thing to do don't you think? As far as dealers getting cars before customers, most of these cars were built before the production day (March 16th) so regardless of what state your car is sitting at, the dealer cars have very little impact to when yours will be built.

If I were GM, I would continue to do the exact same thing they did with the Camaro which is "lend" a few cars to each dealer. This allows anyone who is interested in the car to test drive them because the dealer cannot sell them. Much better then stopping in at a dealer and all you get is a brochure and jibberish from a less than knowledgeable salesman. Around here, there are very few G8 GT's for anyone to take a test drive in for example.

If you do decide to move on, I would suggest that you really think about how you will feel in the long term watching everyone else who had patience bombing around in their Camaro and handing your ass to you on a platter. Don't put yourself in a position to regret a long term purchase over some short term emotion. BTW - I ordered on day one and am at 1100 as well.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:26 AM   #22
bcudm

Drives: 2010 camaro 1LT RJT
They need to do what makes sense for production... now I agree earlier orders should take some priority over newer orders (I ordered in november) but I'm not gonna be heart broken when someone that ordered after me takes delivery before me... it may take a few weeks, but it is gonna get built and shipped soon enough... now my lease is up may 18th and I hope I get it before then, but if i have to extend the lease a month no big deal, I'll have years of driving in my 2010 camaro...
bcudm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 08:32 AM   #23
drewauby5

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
I found a small dealer after my first dealer had taken deposits for 8 cars and only had 5 allocated to him!!! Idiot!!! anyhow the second dealer had an open slot, Placed order 4/2/09, order pulled 4/16, so it is possible. Good luck
drewauby5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 08:35 AM   #24
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
It really seems like they're trying to keep dealers happy and their pockets lined instead of helping out the end consumers.
Yep, GM as a company cares more about the dealer relationship than the consumer who buys the cars from the dealers. This is without question why the pre-order process was and is a joke.. The people who are the enthusiasts and pre-ordered should have precedent over dealer ordered cars after they each get 1 to be fair. The first batch of dealer and rent a car vehicles put us back a month and a half..The attitude the majority of the dealers have is an "I don't care" attitude towards customers and enthusiasts. (many of them, Eric and Scotty not included) They are cheating, lying, stealing, etc etc. walking all over customers every step of the way and GM cannot by contract do anything but look the other way..I'm just wondering if GM would do anything at all even if they could as well and the books were changed? To me the current laws/contracts are just an excuse not to do anything to help screwed by the dealer customers and a way for Gm to look the other way and allow abhorrent behavior to fester and go unpunished. I'm going to try and be as laconic as possible however it is very hard to sit back and say nothing.. I sure hope this Chapter 11 is followed by a re-writing of all these anti consumer laws that are there to protect terrible scum of the Earth dealers..
Old 04-18-2009, 08:37 AM   #25
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcudm View Post
... now I agree earlier orders should take some priority over newer orders (I ordered in november) but I'm not gonna be heart broken when someone that ordered after me takes delivery before me... .
The software used by Production Control takes all of that into account. If you get a Worksheet printout of your order you will notice there is a field which displays how many days since the order was placed. This number is managed by the plant and the higher it goes, the higher your order gets priority wise. Secondly, it's not a first in, first out process - it can't be. Too many uncontrollable factors such as supplier issues or paint plant configuration that will affect what gets built first. Again I say don't let a short term emotion screw up a long term purchase. I have own many Camaros which I have owned for years and am happy that I had made the necessary sacrifices when I did.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:41 AM   #26
tom692010
Account Suspended

Drives: 4 wheels
The envelop hit the ground quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjewel View Post
I did dealer tracking for the Houston area. One dealership had a car last week and it does not show up on there now. So I assume it has been deliverd. Last night Lonestar Chevrolet had 2 1LT and 2 2LT on the locater. How does one dealership in Houston get 4 cars and noone else has one?
And it didn't have any coins in it.
tom692010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 08:45 AM   #27
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
Yep, GM as a company cares more about the dealer relationship than the consumer who buys the cars from the dealers. This is without question why the pre-order process was and is a joke.. The people who are the enthusiasts and pre-ordered should have precedent over dealer ordered cars after they each get 1 to be fair. The first batch of dealer and rent a car vehicles put us back a month and a half..The attitude the majority of the dealers have is an "I don't care" attitude towards customers and enthusiasts. (many of them, Eric and Scotty not included) They are cheating, lying, stealing, etc etc. walking all over customers every step of the way and GM cannot by contract do anything but look the other way..I'm just wondering if GM would do anything at all even if they could as well and the books were changed? To me the current laws/contracts are just an excuse not to do anything to help screwed by the dealer customers and a way for Gm to look the other way and allow abhorrent behavior to fester and go unpunished. I'm going to try and be as laconic as possible however it is very hard to sit back and say nothing.. I sure hope this Chapter 11 is followed by a re-writing of all these anti consumer laws that are there to protect terrible scum of the Earth dealers..
I find the notion that they care more about their dealerships perplexing. I disagree. They're going to be closing hundreds if not thousands of dealerships by the time the mess GM is in comes to pass. That's not exactly getting in bed with your dealerships. This is about marketing, plain and simple. IMO the WRONG marketing plan, but about marketing none the less. They want visibility and seem to have chosen to do that with the "one per dealer" stuff instead of the easy route of allowing "us" to show off our cars to the masses. The only way you see one at a dealer is to GO TO a dealer. It's going to be somewhat easier for the average Joe to see ours I would suspect...
Old 04-18-2009, 09:18 AM   #28
franknbeans
Whipped

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogie832 View Post
The real issue here is.............Most are wanting to be the first in their area seen driving the new Camaro! It is disappointing to think your Camaro may just be another Camaro. The new Camaro will be a flooded market in the near future. I just hope and pray mine gets here before hundreds are all over Polk county and the state of Florida! I do still count on mine arriving soon. I still plan on waiting it out, but would like to (at the least) be in the first few! And......, I wait!
that's my view also.