Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 05-02-2012, 07:18 AM   #15
Tally Ho

Drives: 2006 Corvette conv/2007 Avalanche
There was a time when the dealership owners preferred their sales people not know a whole lot of info on the cars they were selling. The perception was if you knew your were selling a POS you might be inclined to have morals and not push the product.

With the advancements in technology, this mentality no longer works. I have had sales people tell me that I knew more about the car than they did so lets talk numbers. I can apreciate that honesty. Its the ones who make themselves look like fools by spouting off bogus info that I walk away from.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:21 AM   #16
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
For myself, I wouldn't pay 15 dollars over MSRP for any car ,but if some idiot wants to waste his money well then, don't blame the dealer.

I can never understand why people always blame the dealer. Blame the dumbasses that will pay the premium.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:47 AM   #17
terryj

Drives: 2010 HD Fatboy
Living in NM you really don't have much of a selection. Your only good choices are Albuquerque,Lubbock or El Paso. I usually bought all my vehicles in Lubbock.
terryj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:42 AM   #18
tonyfred

Drives: 2013 ZL1-Victory Red-Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAN311 View Post
Pretty typical stuff. But in defense of some salespeople. They have to know about all the different brands and models they sell, not just the Camaro, and not just the ZL1. Most aren't able to obsese about 1 model like we've been able to for years. Just trying to look at things from their side of things. But in all honesty if it was my job I'd learn as much as possible about ALL the models that I sell. And I sure wouldn't just make up crap if someone asked me about something I wasn't sure of. I'd tell them I'm not sure but I can sure get back to you with an answer.

At a minimum they should know the dang model year that you can order!
I really wish a dealer would open with NO salesmen. Just have the cars on display with the price they need to sell them. Most sales folks are pretty useless. They cant make a deal without going thru the whole act of going to talk to the sales manager because they are violating some policy by giving you a once in a lifetime deal. Right.

tonyfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:44 AM   #19
b_williams_82

Drives: 2013 ZL1 #142
Quote:
Originally Posted by terryj View Post
Living in NM you really don't have much of a selection. Your only good choices are Albuquerque,Lubbock or El Paso. I usually bought all my vehicles in Lubbock.
This was an ABQ Dealer! I just can't believe someone would pay that! Idiot!! Someone who just wants to blow cash I guess!
b_williams_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:13 AM   #20
SEOhioSS

Drives: 2011 Synergy 2SS/RS M6
Wow, lots of hate toward salesman....not all of them are idiots or clueless....I will say that one of the biggest problems is most are not interested in cars anymore, they just want a good job. I work at a dealership where none of the other salesman get interested in what new products are coming....myself i think it has really helped me so far in my career because i know the product well and i know the competition pretty well. I love driving my Camaro and i know the product better because of it.

Customer service and treating the customer right are huge things in today's world with the internet enabling people to be able to connect and talk about their buying experiences so quickly. There are lots of dealers who try to make the buying experience great....but some are more concerned with just selling a car which is what you are seeing with these marked up ZL1's and dealers taking orders for cars they don't have allocations for or the ability to get.

Last edited by SEOhioSS; 05-02-2012 at 10:00 AM.
SEOhioSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:51 AM   #21
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
It would be one thing if the dealership had a specific salesman for each product, but they don't usually, so that means each salesman is selling all their models, and that makes it afully difficult to know every model in the same detail as we know our Camaro's.

But basically, you're right, most salesmen are idiots.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:54 AM   #22
CyberBri
BRUCE WAYNES DD

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM
The game is meant to be sold not told!!!!!!

CyberBri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:55 PM   #23
Abstrak

Drives: 2012 AGM Camaro LS / Team LFX
They have a few ZL1s list under MSRP on Cars.com I was looking just for shits and giggles. I want a AGM 2013 ZL1 I might get black and paint it ABM soon as I get word on this promotion im ordering and trading up.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:28 PM   #24
xx_ED_xx

Drives: 04 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyfred View Post
At a minimum they should know the dang model year that you can order!
I really wish a dealer would open with NO salesmen. Just have the cars on display with the price they need to sell them. Most sales folks are pretty useless. They cant make a deal without going thru the whole act of going to talk to the sales manager because they are violating some policy by giving you a once in a lifetime deal. Right.
Kinda like the self service check out line at home depot, I like your thinking.

I for one after working at many dealerships think that 99% of salesmen and women SUCK. Now we have a few that post on here that are obviously passionate about the whole camaro line and I aplaud them. But as a whole they are about as useful as tits on a boar.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:33 PM   #25
Bonemaro

Drives: 2010 RJT 1SS M6
Send a message via AIM to Bonemaro
Save yourselves all the hassle and simply call Rodgers Chevrolet here in Michigan-

23755 Allen Rd · Woodhaven, MI 48183
SALES (866) 468-5067· SERVICE (866) 516-2103

ask for Becky. They don't play nonsense games like the majority of our country.
Bonemaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:51 PM   #26
b_williams_82

Drives: 2013 ZL1 #142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonemaro View Post
Save yourselves all the hassle and simply call Rodgers Chevrolet here in Michigan-

23755 Allen Rd · Woodhaven, MI 48183
SALES (866) 468-5067· SERVICE (866) 516-2103

ask for Becky. They don't play nonsense games like the majority of our country.
Only one problem with that!! Nothing against the dealer or anything like that, but how long is the line already for '13's??
b_williams_82 is offline   Reply With Quote