Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 05-25-2012, 06:24 PM   #1
Bill Waters

Drives: 2011 RS/SS; 1965 Cobra Factory Five
Pfadt complete package and MTI Racing

I'm writing this thread for a couple of reasons. I mainly want to offer a "field report" regarding how a full Pfadt package actually drives, how it affect drivability and comfort features, and to pass along kudos for MTI Racing.

I bought pretty much everything Pfadt makes for the Camaro (mine's a 2011). I installed much of it and left the rest to MTI Racing in Atlanta, who also did a full chassis setup including alignment and corner-weighting for me (as well as installing a stage 3 cam,valvetrain, TVS 2300 Magnacharger, Melling oil pumps and new timng chain - but that stuff goes in different forum section)

MTI is a first-class operation with great products. They have a deep understanding of the performance motorsports business and genuine expertise in installation and tuning. I feel very fortunate to have them nearby.

I have Pfadt coil overs, sway bars, full bushing kit, solid rear subframe bushings, rear tie rods, rear trailing arms, front sperical trailing arm bushings,
camber plates, solid aluminum motor mounts - in short, the whole enchilada.
There is a great deal of discussion here about whether or not this stuff creates undesirable side effects. (I also have Nitto nt 5s on Forgeline G3s.)

I though I would report my experiences. It is hard to express how profoundly the car has been transformed. It corners like it is on rails. Turn-in is precise; the car handles impeccably. You have no doubt, in the middle of a decreasing radius, off-camber corner, that the car will come through for you. The ride is more comfortable than before. Any engine vibration one feels is righteous and welcome, but never untoward. Everything is tight and right. Despite its significant weight, the car has essentially no body roll. In short, even though I am pretty OCD, I see no down-side to the full Pfadt transformation for the street; everything is positive. Just thought some of you might be interested in my experiences with this.

Dealing with Pfadt and MTI is an extremely positive experience.

I'll post a little later in the forced induction section regarding the drivetrain upgrades.

Bill
Bill Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:25 PM   #2
1977and2010
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 1977 Z28, 2SSRS 2010 M6
Pfadt for the win.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:43 PM   #3
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
How come MT1 didn't offer you their Bilstein coilovers.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:29 PM   #4
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Waters View Post
I'm writing this thread for a couple of reasons. I mainly want to offer a "field report" regarding how a full Pfadt package actually drives, how it affect drivability and comfort features, and to pass along kudos for MTI Racing.

I bought pretty much everything Pfadt makes for the Camaro (mine's a 2011). I installed much of it and left the rest to MTI Racing in Atlanta, who also did a full chassis setup including alignment and corner-weighting for me (as well as installing a stage 3 cam,valvetrain, TVS 2300 Magnacharger, Melling oil pumps and new timng chain - but that stuff goes in different forum section)

MTI is a first-class operation with great products. They have a deep understanding of the performance motorsports business and genuine expertise in installation and tuning. I feel very fortunate to have them nearby.

I have Pfadt coil overs, sway bars, full bushing kit, solid rear subframe bushings, rear tie rods, rear trailing arms, front sperical trailing arm bushings,
camber plates, solid aluminum motor mounts - in short, the whole enchilada.
There is a great deal of discussion here about whether or not this stuff creates undesirable side effects. (I also have Nitto nt 5s on Forgeline G3s.)

I though I would report my experiences. It is hard to express how profoundly the car has been transformed. It corners like it is on rails. Turn-in is precise; the car handles impeccably. You have no doubt, in the middle of a decreasing radius, off-camber corner, that the car will come through for you. The ride is more comfortable than before. Any engine vibration one feels is righteous and welcome, but never untoward. Everything is tight and right. Despite its significant weight, the car has essentially no body roll. In short, even though I am pretty OCD, I see no down-side to the full Pfadt transformation for the street; everything is positive. Just thought some of you might be interested in my experiences with this.

Dealing with Pfadt and MTI is an extremely positive experience.

I'll post a little later in the forced induction section regarding the drivetrain upgrades.

Bill
Thank you so much for the feedback Bill! We are in the process of selling our RingSpec Camaro which is equipped much like yours (except with an LS7 rather than Supercharged LS3). The replacement is a ZL1. While the ZL1 is a definite improvement over the other factory suspension components we already miss our Pfadt Stage5 RingSpec Camaro dearly and it hasn't even left the building quite yet.

Steven and the crew at MTI Racing are top notch. We wouldn't hesitate sending anyone over there for installation or advice. They've got a ton of experience with both the Corvette and Camaro as well as our parts, and do as thorough track testing as anyone in the business.

Let us know if we can do anything else for you Bill! Sounds like you're already pretty well covered!

Last edited by PfadtRacing; 05-30-2012 at 10:09 AM.
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:47 PM   #5
Bill Waters

Drives: 2011 RS/SS; 1965 Cobra Factory Five
Pfadt: I will, but I don't think you make anything for the Gen. 5 I don't have!!!

L992011CAMA: MTI handles a broad range of products from a variety of manufacturers, including those that are manufactured in- house.
Bill Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:57 PM   #6
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Whaaaah Pfadt doesn't like me anymore.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:39 PM   #7
Richy_Rich
FAVOR

Drives: Many Different Rides
Good write up, I too am looking to do a full stage 5 Pfadt.
- as for engine work, all I can get without boost.