Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 07-18-2013, 12:57 PM   #1
ryzrs10

Drives: Victory Red 2012 2SS Auto
Transmission bad at 3409 miles

Hey everyone

Well I got some bad news for my 2012 Camaro 2SS. I went to the dealer for a real bad vibration and popping noise coming from underneath my car and being somewhat mechanically savy, I told them that it might be my rear end or possibily the torque converter. And go figure when we went for a ride, neither me or him could duplicate the problem. Long story short, left the car overnight and they drove it in the morning... I'm getting either a new torque converter or tranny. At this moment they are waiting for GM to call them back. I have no mods all stock. All at 3400 miles. Hey it happens.
ryzrs10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:06 PM   #2
solo3445

Drives: My SS2................
Sorry to hear about that. I hope things come out well for you.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:19 PM   #3
ryzrs10

Ok guys so it is confirmed that it is the torque converter and they have one in stock and I will be getting my car back tommorrow. Thank you Pat Mcgrath Chevyland in Cedar Rapids, IA!
Old 07-18-2013, 03:43 PM   #4
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Torque converters are becoming a common issue on these cars.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:07 PM   #5
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryzrs10 View Post
Hey everyone

Well I got some bad news for my 2012 Camaro 2SS. I went to the dealer for a real bad vibration and popping noise coming from underneath my car and being somewhat mechanically savy, I told them that it might be my rear end or possibily the torque converter. And go figure when we went for a ride, neither me or him could duplicate the problem. Long story short, left the car overnight and they drove it in the morning... I'm getting either a new torque converter or tranny. At this moment they are waiting for GM to call them back. I have no mods all stock. All at 3400 miles. Hey it happens.
ryzrs10,

Glad to hear the process is moving along for you. Let me know if you need additional assistance with the dealership. Best of luck moving forward.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-18-2013, 04:08 PM   #6
ryzrs10

Why is that? I never really beat on it and I just bought the car brand new with 146 miles on it back in late April this year?!
Old 07-18-2013, 04:38 PM   #7
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryzrs10 View Post
Why is that? I never really beat on it and I just bought the car brand new with 146 miles on it back in late April this year?!
Mismanufactured parts, wrong clearances, bad components. Who knows? GM knows.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:11 AM   #8
Juice2SS

Drives: 2011 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
ryzrs10,

Glad to hear the process is moving along for you. Let me know if you need additional assistance with the dealership. Best of luck moving forward.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
William,

Do you and the other guys from your group take any of the information you see here back to corporate? There seem to be some common issues that most find and agree with. You'd think at some point you'd pool the information to make it an easier repair and get the info out to the dealerships or maybe do a RECALL!

Concerned Owner
Juice2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:15 PM   #9
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice2SS View Post
William,

Do you and the other guys from your group take any of the information you see here back to corporate? There seem to be some common issues that most find and agree with. You'd think at some point you'd pool the information to make it an easier repair and get the info out to the dealerships or maybe do a RECALL!

Concerned Owner
Certainly,

Common concerns are definitely documented in our system. It is our first priority to ensure that our vehicles are operating as designed and we definitely help the dealerships in seeing this through with feedback and internal technical assistance. That's for your inquiry!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-22-2013, 11:02 PM   #10
ryzrs10

So far so good guys on my new torque converter! Pat Mcgrath did good.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:52 PM   #11
62nalide

Drives: 2013 SS
Glad it worked out for you bud!
62nalide is offline   Reply With Quote